Ngata - After Last Night

PISSCHUNK

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reserve judgment if he's not all over the field, Oklahoma is doubling him every play so far.

545338[/snapback]

I've been watching and the guy is doubled teamed ALL the time. He still is pushing both blockers backwards sometimes, but he really hasn't got any pressure.

On one sack, Oklahoma I think was triple teaming letting the guy that got the sack pretty free.

He also shows quite a bit of energy and doen't give up on plays. He was persuing a RB after the play went to the other side of the field.

The game is early, but he doesn't give up.

I've been watching and the guy is doubled teamed ALL the time. He still is pushing both blockers backwards sometimes, but he really hasn't got any pressure.

On one sack, Oklahoma I think was triple teaming letting the guy that got the sack pretty free.

He also shows quite a bit of energy and doen't give up on plays. He was persuing a RB after the play went to the other side of the field.

The game is early, but he doesn't give up.

545341[/snapback]

It's like that in every game he plays, always two guys and sometimes three. He's just so big and can still move (sub 4.9 40), plus he has strong character which is something we need to bring to this team. Any other year and he probably goes top 5, but this year he might just fall.

DTs are known for their incredible footspeed.  Pat Williams was one of the 53 fastest BILLS every year.

545354[/snapback]

He looks like he's slow even for a big man. I'm not impressed with him tonight, so far. Has he made a tackle yet? I have missed some plays.

No doubt we need DT more than DE, but so far I liked what I saw from Kiwanuka the other night more than Nata... just a snapshot observation, I don't follow either team.

545362[/snapback]

You will burn in hell for doubting the Gods! :(

I'm waiting for something to happen myself here. Let's see what all the hoopla is about. :doh:

You will burn in hell for doubting the Gods!  :(

I'm waiting for something to happen myself here. Let's see what all the hoopla is about.  :doh:

545364[/snapback]

Granted, he is being double-teamed on every play... but he also looks a little slow to me as well, I'm not too sure that Ted Washington or Pat Williams couldn't beat him in a 5-10 yard foot race.... need to see him play more.

Granted, he is being double-teamed on every play... but he also looks a little slow to me as well, I'm not too sure that Ted Washington or Pat Williams couldn't beat him in a 10-20 yard foot race.... need to see him play more.

545370[/snapback]

I agree on the speed thing. :doh:

Umm, just a question here... Isn't a "run stuffing DT" supposed to occupy blockers, hold (not necessarily advance) the line of scrimmage and clog the running lanes? :doh:

Sounds kinda like what you guys were saying he was doing. :( I see the score at halftime is also 7-3 Oregon. Might that be due in part to some good defensive play by the Oregon defense?

Aren't we looking for a DT that can contain 2 blockers, and keep team from running up the middle? He seems to be doing a pretty decent job doing that. It's a little hard for him to show off his 5-10 yard speed against 550+ pounds of OL Oklahoma is throwing at him. He's has been one of the premier punt blockers in college football for several years so the burst is their, besides don't we already have Tim Anderson chasing guys down 5-10 yards downfield?

Umm, just a question here... Isn't a "run stuffing DT" supposed to occupy blockers, hold (not necessarily advance) the line of scrimmage and clog the running lanes?  :doh:

Sounds kinda like what you guys were saying he was doing.  :( I see the score at halftime is also 7-3 Oregon. Might that be due in part to some good defensive play by the Oregon defense?

545379[/snapback]

You're right... this is the first time I've seen him, though, and I thought he would look a little more athletic for all the hype, that's all. I had no such thoughts when I saw Kiwanuka the other night.

Umm, just a question here... Isn't a "run stuffing DT" supposed to occupy blockers, hold (not necessarily advance) the line of scrimmage and clog the running lanes?  :doh:

Sounds kinda like what you guys were saying he was doing.  :( I see the score at halftime is also 7-3 Oregon. Might that be due in part to some good defensive play by the Oregon defense?

545379[/snapback]

The advertising indicates he is also a pretty darned good inside pass rusher. That is one thing I really haven't seen him doing. Oregon is stopping the run very well, but the Oklahoma QB has time to pass and he is making completions.