Pray for the Jets

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will only root for the Bills to win! I don't care if it means a better draft pick!

When the Bills win it gives me a great feeling for the week. When the Bills lose it leaves a terrible feeling in my gut!

How can any true fan hope that their team will lose, under any circumstances?

I will only root for the Bills to win! I don't care if it means a better draft pick!

In other words: I'll root to win a 6th time this season.  I don't care if we ever win a Super Bowl

When the Bills win it gives me a great feeling for the week. When the Bills lose it leaves a terrible feeling in my gut!

I need to get high today, otherwise I'm going to be depressed.

Why should I care about the future.  Today is all that matters! Who cares if it results in an incompetent coach retaining his job, a losing GM retaining his job. Missing out by a couple of picks of getting the 1 difference maker between a playoff team and a Super Bowl Champion in 2 years.  I don't care about the future.  Give me win 6 before I go into withdrawal!

544532[/snapback]

1.In other words: I'll root to win a 6th time this season.  I don't care if we ever win a Super Bowl

2.I need to get high today, otherwise I'm going to be depressed.

3.Why should I care about the future.  Today is all that matters! Who cares if it results in an incompetent coach retaining his job, a losing GM retaining his job. Missing out by a couple of picks of getting the 1 difference maker between a playoff team and a Super Bowl Champion in 2 years.  I don't care about the future.  Give me win 6 before I go into withdrawal!

544556[/snapback]

In response to your highlighted remarks to my statements.

1. I think a win goes a lot further in advancing this team toward the Super Bowl than any slight movement up a draft board could.

2. I give an emotional commitment to this team. If they win it does lift my spirits, if they lose it has the opposite effect on me.

3. Of course I care about the future, but a loss is not going to change what happens with MM or TD. Do you honestly think these last 2 games are going to save or lose those two their jobs? Their fate has already been decided. I think MM gets another year, and TD is gone, whether we win or lose the last 2.

As for moving up the draft board for a few picks...bah humbug! I'd rather pick 7-12 than in the top 6 any day. It is a lot less money being spent on a unknown prospect with the same upside. The closest thing to a given in the top 5 is Bush, after that it IS a crap shoot (and Bush is not a given either).

I don't want to see any comfort zone develop around Donahoe and Mularkey.  Two straight wins may give the "old man" some pause.

Plus it certainly won't help our draft position.

544519[/snapback]

Please show me the correlation between high draft picks and Superbowl victories.

CW

Losing a game to the Pats, Fins, or Jets never makes me feel better, regardless of the draft implications. Remember when our 2-12 Bills in 2001 stormed into New Jersey and beat the 9-5 Jets while they were battling for a playoff spot? I'm sure that didn't help our draft pick, but damn, it felt good.

Please show me the correlation between high draft picks and Superbowl victories.

CW

544718[/snapback]

Richard Seymour is a big part of NE's defense. They got him after a bad year. They might not have 3 SB wins without him, especially considering 2 of those wins came on last second FGs.

Richard Seymour is a big part of NE's defense.  They got him after a bad year.  They might not have 3 SB wins without him, especially considering 2 of those wins came on last second FGs.

544736[/snapback]

One player??? Well, I'm sold! :blink:

Let's go 0-16 the next two years, then we'll have a LOT of players drafted high! :doh:

CW

Richard Seymour is a big part of NE's defense.  They got him after a bad year.  They might not have 3 SB wins without him, especially considering 2 of those wins came on last second FGs.

544736[/snapback]

For every Richard Seymour there are two Mike Williams or Ryan Leafs. This argument has NO merit.

CW

544718[/snapback]

Here's one correlation that tends to prove the opposite though.....Cincinnati Bengals (15 years with losing records). This year has gone well for them yet, there were 15 years of high picks before Lewis could get them to play (that and good group of players on offense).

I too feel more comfortable with the 7-12 or maybe 15 range. Far less costly. Look what Mike Williams has given the Bills. Cap issues.....

For every Richard Seymour there are two Mike Williams or Ryan Leafs. This argument has NO merit.

544749[/snapback]

We're all entitled to our opinions, but NO merit is ridiculous. In order for a high pick to work, you have to assume competent management (which we don't currently have). Mike Williams was too heavy to be drafted that high & Leaf was a major head case who exhibited his craziness at the combine but SD ignored it. High draft choice + competent mgt=success.

Think of the 90s Bills without Bruce Smith.

In response to your highlighted remarks to my statements.

1. I think a win goes a lot further in advancing this team toward the Super Bowl than any slight movement up a draft board could.

2. I give an emotional commitment to this team. If they win it does lift my spirits, if they lose it has the opposite effect on me.

3. Of course I care about the future, but a loss is not going to change what happens with MM or TD. Do you honestly think these last 2 games are going to save or lose those two their jobs? Their fate has already been decided. I think MM gets another year, and TD is gone, whether we win or lose the last 2.

As for moving up the draft board for a few picks...bah humbug! I'd rather pick 7-12 than in the top 6 any day. It is a lot less money being spent on a unknown prospect with the same upside. The closest thing to a given in the top 5 is Bush, after that it IS a crap shoot (and Bush is not a given either).

544712[/snapback]

This makes more sense than any other post in this thread- including this one! :blink:

while i hate to think about it, losing is a way of getting better.

in 2001, if we had loss to the Carolina, we might have draft Peppers, all though I have a feeling we would have drafted Harrington. Mike Williams Or Peppers? how much better would we be with peppers.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but NO merit is ridiculous.  In order for a high pick to work, you have to assume competent management (which we don't currently have).  Mike Williams was too heavy to be drafted that high & Leaf was a major head case who exhibited his craziness at the combine but SD ignored it.  High draft choice + competent mgt=success. 

Think of the 90s Bills without Bruce Smith.

544758[/snapback]

Bull. The draft is more about luck than anything and always has been. You could pick the greatest football player in human history and he could blow out a knee walking out of the meeting to sign his contract.

Virtually every GM in history has seriously blown a top pick. It's simply harder on the team in the salary cap era. Ask Bill Polian if he regrets Kerry Collins or Tim Biakabatuka. Doesn't mean he's not the best GM in the NFL.

Bull.  The draft is more about luck than anything and always has been.  You could pick the greatest football player in human history and he could blow out a knee walking out of the meeting to sign his contract.

Virtually every GM in history has seriously blown a top pick.  It's simply harder on the team in the salary cap era.  Ask Bill Polian if he regrets Kerry Collins or Tim Biakabatuka.  Doesn't mean he's not the best GM in the NFL.

544771[/snapback]

You're right about the injury part. Personally, I'd never take a RB in the top 5 because that position is the most dangerous due to the hits taken. (Although it did work for the Bills when they took a guy famous for his slashing style)

You're right about the injury part.  Personally, I'd never take a RB in the top 5 because that position is the most dangerous due to the hits taken.  (Although it did work for the Bills when they took a guy famous for his slashing style)

544787[/snapback]

I think it's been proven that if you build from the lines out you're more likely to be successful. Personally I wish the BILLS would trade out of the first round every year unless there is a clear game changer available when the pick comes up.

Bull.  The draft is more about luck than anything and always has been.  You could pick the greatest football player in human history and he could blow out a knee walking out of the meeting to sign his contract.

Virtually every GM in history has seriously blown a top pick.  It's simply harder on the team in the salary cap era.  Ask Bill Polian if he regrets Kerry Collins or Tim Biakabatuka.  Doesn't mean he's not the best GM in the NFL.

544771[/snapback]

dont leave your igloo....why take a chance on stepping out and getting eaten by a polar bear, or run over by a bunch of huskies and a sled

i'd still want the highest pick i could get and the best athlete at the position that fits the most dire of the team