Steve McNair, anyone?????

Outkast

I got this clip from the Miami Herald

If McNair is still on that roster March 2, he can enjoy a $50 million bonus from the Titans.

Because that's about as likely as millions of college students getting $50 million windfalls from aliens landing with technology that turns Ramen noodles into crude oil, the question becomes where will McNair play next year?

''That's out of my hands,'' McNair said. ``I want to be back here. That's got to do with management. I don't get involved in that. If they decide to renegotiate my contract, that's fine. If not, we'll just have to work somewhere else.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13463057.htm

Volek is waiting in the wings and McNair is getting up there in age.

I know we have JP here and all but JP is still young and he can wait another couple of years. I say go after the guy.

and who's going to block for him? Seriousily qb is not the problem. Yes a good qb if we fix the other parts would dramatically help, but we're better off building a solid foundation for a run heavy offense with controlled passing and occasionaly throwing deep, then bringing in a name qb who's been done for about 4 years now.

and who's going to block for him?  Seriousily qb is not the problem.  Yes a  good qb if we fix the other parts would dramatically help, but we're better off building a solid foundation for a run heavy offense with controlled passing and occasionaly throwing deep, then bringing in a name qb who's been done for about 4 years now.

540428[/snapback]

I'm still in the belief that the O-Line gets fixed and in a hurry but I would like to see McNair at QB for the next three years. It can be the same type of scenario that Drew Brees went through in SD with QB's coming in and talking his job. Brees became a better QB because of it.

Why do people even CONSIDER posting this crap?

I got this clip from the Miami Herald

If McNair is still on that roster March 2, he can enjoy a $50 million bonus from the Titans.

Because that's about as likely as millions of college students getting $50 million windfalls from aliens landing with technology that turns Ramen noodles into crude oil, the question becomes where will McNair play next year?

''That's out of my hands,'' McNair said. ``I want to be back here. That's got to do with management. I don't get involved in that. If they decide to renegotiate my contract, that's fine. If not, we'll just have to work somewhere else.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13463057.htm

Volek is waiting in the wings and McNair is getting up there in age.

I know we have JP here and all but JP is still young and he can wait another couple of years. I say go after the guy.

540426[/snapback]

Why do people even CONSIDER posting this crap?

540512[/snapback]

Because believe it or not, some Bills fans are not sold on JP. He has been here for 2 years and when he was not injured, he was (for the most part) a lousy quarterback, advertisement and huge price paid byTD notwithstanding.

Now, do I think that JP has had enough time to prove himself? No, of course not.

Am I sold on him? Not even close.

Tell me my friend....are you convinced that he will ever be a good NFL QB?

I for one have no idea, but I am speaking as one who thought RJ would be great. :D

If Jim Kelly had played in Buffalo instead of the USFL, the fans would probably have run him out of town before he learned how to play professional football.

Signing that contract with Houston was probably in the top 10 moments of BILLS history, now that I look back on it.

540523[/snapback]

You are probably right. I am sure that none of us know how JP will be, because he certainly has shown signs of having a good future, and being a lousy quarterback.

What do you think AD? I am not asking for an etched in stone statement. More of a gut feeling if you will. Guys like us have seen many a qb, and I am interested in your view on this. :D

You are probably right. I am sure that none of us know how JP will be, because he certainly has shown signs of having a good future, and being a lousy quarterback.

What do you think AD? I am not asking for an etched in stone statement. More of a gut feeling if you will. Guys like us have seen many a qb, and I am interested in your view on this.  :D

540526[/snapback]

I'm going to go ahead and quote myself:

It's hard to say.  I've long contended that QBs have only a certain number of hits in them before they stop looking downfield and start peeking at the rush.  JP is taking too many hits (not abnormal for a first year starter) and I worry that with the current "system" that he may be mentally done long before he's physically done.

I think he already has shown more than Kyle Boller ever did and Baltimore thought enough of Boller to bring in Fassel to try and revive him.  Boller is a guy who in my opinion has never had "it".  Losman seems to have "it", to me even more so than Roethlishamburger.  It remains to be seen if the BILLS will surround him with the players required for his success.

To me, it looks like our offense is filled with gutless wonders, with Losman, Reed,  Evans, and Campbell (possibly Gandy, though I'd be happier with him inside) being the exceptions.  That doesn't bode well for the future.

536296[/snapback]

Ok.....I was just looking for more of a prediction. I don't know you as the kind to hedge nor sidestep.  :D

540540[/snapback]

I'm not much of a predictor of the future (shoot, I thought Josh Reed was going to be a great pro). I like what I've seen from him so far. The things I haven't liked are things I expected him to do because he doesn't have much experience and he's playing in a suspect scheme with players who don't seem to care very much (I don't buy the talent thing too much).