Stop Dreaming about Leinart

Chgrant

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last 25 years not one QB Heisman trophy winner has been to the SB. What makes everyone think that Lienart will be any different? Look at this stellar list.

1971 Pat Sullivan

1984 Doug Flutie

1986 Vinny Testaverde

1990 Ty Detmer

1992 Gino Torretta

1993 Charlie Ward

1996 Danny Wuerffel

2000 Chris Weinke

2001 Eric Crouch

2002 Carson Palmer

2003 Jason White

2004 Matt Leinart

Actually, to make the SB you may wish to pick another Heisman candidate:

Doug Williams 4th in voting

Dan Marino 4th & 9th

Steve Young 2nd

Jim McMahon 3rd

Troy Aikman 3rd

Steve McNair 3rd

Payton Manning 2nd & 6th & 8th (he should be there this year)

Donovan McNabb 5th

Over the last 25 years not one QB Heisman trophy winner has been to the SB. What makes everyone trhink that Lienart will be any different? Look at this stellar list.

1971 Pat Sullivan 

1984 Doug Flutie 

1986 Vinny Testaverde 

1990 Ty Detmer 

1992 Gino Torretta 

1993 Charlie Ward 

1996 Danny Wuerffel 

2000 Chris Weinke 

2001 Eric Crouch 

2002 Carson Palmer 

2003 Jason White 

2004 Matt Leinart 

Dan Marino 4th & 9th

Steve Young 2nd

Jim McMahon 3rd

Troy Aikman 3rd

Steve McNair 3rd

Donovan McNabb 5th

538272[/snapback]

The Heisman Trophy honors collegiate accomplishment. No more. That folks feel that that is a guareatee of accomplishment in the business named the NFl is iffy at best.

This is an excellent situation for a smart GM to be in.

538215[/snapback]

I could not possibly agree more...I would think, if TD was to go, that potential GM's would be knocking down Ralph's door at the chance to interview...No question it could be A LOT worse... :lol:

Reggie Bush among the cream and the possibility of Leinhart sliding into the crop is certainly a coup for Buffalo, but for the singular reason that it would allow them to collect a king's ransom for shipping the pick. Palmer, Pennington, and both Mannings looked abysmal in their early seasons-- Eli showed more flashes last year than J.P has this one, but he was a more polished prospect. It seems to have been forgotten in the executive pitches from OBD that Losman was always a developmental prospect-- his struggles this year were to be expected, and while they frustrate EVERYONE, they should surprise or discourage NO ONE. I'd love for Leinhart to be available at Buffalo's slot, and would love to ship the opportunity to draft him to some other team in need-- with the depth of the Bills' needs, and the recent trend for marquee O-line prospects to flop (Gallery, Gross, Big Mike all contributing at RT or G for LT compensation-- Leonard Davis took years to transition to LT, and McKinnie's play has been slapdash...all were hailed as FRANCHISE LT's, the mold of Orlando Pace), I'd love to slide down the order and fortify our lines with more quality (but not flashy) first day picks.

I have no idea whether Losman will season into the QB prospect we need him to be, but am certain that one-half of one season is not enough time for him to become anything but a work in progress. I'm not for giving him the team, but we do need to give him time. Let's leave our draft efforts and picks for talent in the trenches-- the more picks the better.

The bills won't even have an opportunity to draft  Leinart because New Orleans will almost certainly be picking before them. They have a much larger need at QB than Buffalo and will be drafting Leinart before the bills "Brain-Trust(HA)" has an opportunity to do something idiotic, such as picking yet another skill position player.

That is all.

538166[/snapback]

Of the countless threads placed on TBD over the years, this one I understand the least. Was there ever a thread that actually suggested Leinart???? ;):lol:

The bills won't even have an opportunity to draft  Leinart because New Orleans will almost certainly be picking before them. They have a much larger need at QB than Buffalo and will be drafting Leinart before the bills "Brain-Trust(HA)" has an opportunity to do something idiotic, such as picking yet another skill position player.

That is all.

538166[/snapback]

Why would we even want to waste a pick on this guy? He is not the same athlete as Carson Palmer, doesn't have his arm strength and has marginal mobility, actually reminds me of Bledsoe. In addition, he is soft! He was a slam dunk 1st pick over all last year, but he passed on millions to goof around SoCal another year with his buddy Nick Lachey. He is clearly benefactor of the system. His team is so much better then the talent it plays against that he cannot help but being successful. In addition, he has already had elbow surgery once.

Over the last 25 years not one QB Heisman trophy winner has been to the SB. What makes everyone think that Lienart will be any different? Look at this stellar list.

1971 Pat Sullivan 

1984 Doug Flutie 

1986 Vinny Testaverde 

1990 Ty Detmer 

1992 Gino Torretta 

1993 Charlie Ward 

1996 Danny Wuerffel 

2000 Chris Weinke 

2001 Eric Crouch 

2002 Carson Palmer 

2003 Jason White 

2004 Matt Leinart 

Dan Marino 4th & 9th

Steve Young 2nd

Jim McMahon 3rd

Troy Aikman 3rd

Steve McNair 3rd

Donovan McNabb 5th

538272[/snapback]

Hey wait a minute, what about Jim Plunkett. Oh we conveniently stopped at 1971. Guess that means 1970 doesn't count.

Oh wait a minute in the last 25 years, 1971+25=1996. Is it really only 1996. I think the Bills were competitive then, so it can't be 96 can it?

Sorry I just could not resist. :lol:

That is all.

538166[/snapback]

Don't worry, I'm not dreaming about Leinart.

While Bush is going to make a pretty good NFLer (I still feel he's overhyped), Leinart doesn't have the armstrength to make a quality NFL quarter.

Don't worry, I'm not dreaming about Leinart.

While Bush is going to make a pretty good NFLer (I still feel he's overhyped), Leinart doesn't have the armstrength to make a quality NFL quarter.

538557[/snapback]

Leinarts arm strength is fine. It's probably about equal to that of Tom Brady when Brady first came into the league or Drew Brees. Arm Strength is not the be all end all of being a good nfl qb. If that was the case Jeff George would be well on his way to enshrinement by now.

I don't want Leinart because I don't think he's worth his draft status or as nfl ready as Carson Palmer. Leinart doesn't strike me as a franchise type quaterback he strikes me as a piece of the puzzle you can build around but not someone who's going to save a team.

Leinarts arm strength is fine. It's probably about equal to that of Tom Brady when Brady first came into the league or Drew Brees.  Arm Strength is not the be all end all of being a good nfl qb. If that was the case Jeff George would be well on his way to enshrinement by now. 

I don't want Leinart because  I don't think he's worth his draft status or as nfl ready as Carson Palmer.  Leinart doesn't strike me as a franchise type quaterback he strikes me as a piece of the puzzle you can build around but not someone who's going to save a team.

538559[/snapback]

While it is true that Arm Strength is not the end all be all of being a good NFL QB, it seems to be Leinart floats every single pass. Even guys like Brady and Brees could zip the ball once in a while in college.

While it is true that Arm Strength is not the end all be all of being a good NFL QB, it seems to be Leinart floats every single pass.  Even guys like Brady and Brees could zip the ball once in a while in college.

538560[/snapback]

He didn't float that 4th down pass that went for 61 against ND. :lol:

Guest BackInDaDay
I could not possibly agree more...I would think, if TD was to go, that potential GM's would be knocking down Ralph's door at the chance to interview...No question it could be A LOT worse... :lol:

538302[/snapback]

Yep. If Ralph jetisons Donahoe, someone else will be stepping into a pretty good situation where he can begin to put his stamp on the team immediately.

I wouldn't be against Wilson giving Mooch or Fischer (if he's cut loose) the HC and GM hat. (Marriucci was one of many outstanding assistants who helped Holmgren's GreenBay machine go. Don't let the WCO tag scare you off. ) Sound coaches like these two could be trusted to "shop for the groceries" as Parcells once said.

Actually I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

538174[/snapback]

You can keep your white Christmas up north. Snow came here for the first time in 17 years on Christmas day last year and it sucked. Us cajuns along the bayou's of south louisiana just cannot drive in snow! I watched 5 cars that day slide and hit the side of this bridge by my house. :lol:

I'm hoping for a sunny clear sky in the mid 50's.

Guest BackInDaDay
You can keep your white Christmas up north. Snow came here for the first time in 17 years on Christmas day last year and it sucked. Us cajuns along the bayou's of south louisiana just cannot drive in snow! I watched 5 cars that day slide and hit the side of this bridge by my house.  :lol:

I'm hoping for a sunny clear sky in the mid 50's.

538616[/snapback]

Took my 15 year-old down to the Manning's Passing Academy in Thibodaux last summer ( got out right before Dennis hit ). I met a lot of wonderful people down there and was glad to hear the ones I met weren't hit too hard by Katrina.

Anyway, thanks for the hospitality. When we got home I told my wife I wouldn't mind retiring down there. ;) Really, really nice people.