"It's JP's Team"

Clockwork

Ever since JP has came back from his benching, most of his incompletions have been throw aways to avoid sacks. He has lost his happy feet and when a reciever is open he seems pretty accurate when his mind is made up; it's not like he is missing open recievers. That is why I think with a little more experience he will be fine; it's the coaches and gameplanning I'm more worried about!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Drew would have given us a better chance to win. 

He did it last year with the virtually the same offense.

537552[/snapback]

You're high. Drew had the benefit of playing opponents of the San Fransisco caliber last year. As soon as he faced a quality defense's SECOND STRINGERS he came unglued.

And oh yeah, he just didn't choke in big-time games, either did he?

Buck Drew Fledsoe.

Word out of Bills camp is that JP could have started on Sat night. He was not injured enough to sit out. If he really wanted to play he would have played and the coaches used his "injury" as a partial excuse to start KH.

"Word out of Bills camp"? :blush:

I don't suppose you'd care to be more specific?

Ill probably get flamed but heres J.P's stats vs., the guy everybody seems to love in NY, Eli Manning's..

J.P (year 2 but first year playing):

games - 9

comp - 114

att - 229

comp % - 49.8%

yards - 1340

y/a - 5.9

td - 8

int - 8

Manning (year 1).....(year 2)

games - 9.....13

comp - 95.....242

att - 197.....461

comp % - 48.2%.....52.5%       

yards - 1043.....3128             

y/a - 5.3.....6.8

td - 6.....21

int - 9.....15

the reason I bring manning up is because he was the best comming out of the draft last year....manning had a better 0-line last year than J.P has this year but yet J.P looks better in some areas and the same in others...if J.P can go from his numbers to what manning in doing this year I think he'll be great...we have the tools to win on this team but its not a full toolbox and the tools are a mess...IF buffalo gets the right personel in here next year and can get the right positions fixed next year J.P will be on his way to being a probowl(hopefully superbowl) player..ok thats wishful thinking but I say stay with J.P..the question is who do we replace mathews with or even holcomb with next year?

537751[/snapback]

I can hear the chirping crickets among the ranks of the haters.

Ill probably get flamed but heres J.P's stats vs., the guy everybody seems to love in NY, Eli Manning's..

J.P (year 2 but first year playing):

games - 9

comp - 114

att - 229

comp % - 49.8%

yards - 1340

y/a - 5.9

td - 8

int - 8

Manning (year 1).....(year 2)

games - 9.....13

comp - 95.....242

att - 197.....461

comp % - 48.2%.....52.5%       

yards - 1043.....3128             

y/a - 5.3.....6.8

td - 6.....21

int - 9.....15

the reason I bring manning up is because he was the best comming out of the draft last year....manning had a better 0-line last year than J.P has this year but yet J.P looks better in some areas and the same in others...if J.P can go from his numbers to what manning in doing this year I think he'll be great...we have the tools to win on this team but its not a full toolbox and the tools are a mess...IF buffalo gets the right personel in here next year and can get the right positions fixed next year J.P will be on his way to being a probowl(hopefully superbowl) player..ok thats wishful thinking but I say stay with J.P..the question is who do we replace mathews with or even holcomb with next year?

537751[/snapback]

Keep up the good post with facts to back up. I agree 100%

Hey - have you ever watched a young QB develop before? Methinks not.

I am sure I'll probably be ripped for this, but I really don't like Losman as the cornerstone to build around.  He has 1 win this season, against the worst team in football, was yanked for a journeyman backup, can't stay healthy, can't complete more than 2 passes in a row, etc....

"It's JP's team".  Why?  Has the guy won over his players?  Certainly not Eric Moulds.  Why not entertain a FA QB?  What confuses me is that there are guys with even less experience and less talent around them that are at very least giving their teams a chance to win.  Example - Charlie Frye, to a lesser extent Brooks Bollinger (he had a very good game yesterday if you watched).

I honestly feel that a new GM will agree with what I am saying.  Don't give up on the kid at all, but we shouldn't just hand him the franchise when he has proven NOTHING.

Thoughts?

537471[/snapback]

Interesting comparison with Eli Manning. My roommate is an Eagles fan so I've been having some conversations with him about how Donovan McNabb was his rookie year (it seems JP and McNabb have similar styles: athletic qbs with questionable throwing accuracy). JP has had an up and down year just like McNabb did in 1999 (with a bad eagles team similar to this years bad bills team). Anyway, here are the stats:

McNabb:

106-216, 49.1%, 948 yds, 4.39 YPA, 8 TD, 7 Int, 60.1 Rating

Losman:

113-228, 49.6%, 1340 yds, 5.88 YPA, 8 TD, 8 Int, 64.9 Rating

These stats look eerily similar to me. I know that this doesn't mean that JP will turn out like Donovan McNabb, but the situation isn't as hopeless as some are making it out to be.

The Cowboys signed Bledsoe because they needed a QB. Think about that for a minute. A team that needed a quarterback traded us the Losman pick. If Parcells really thought Losman would develop into a franchise QB, what's he doing trading us that pick?

Didn't they just prior to that draft trade for Drew Henson? If so, there's your answer right there.

The Cowboys signed Bledsoe because they needed a QB. Think about that for a minute. A team that needed a quarterback traded us the Losman pick. If Parcells really thought Losman would develop into a franchise QB, what's he doing trading us that pick?

538098[/snapback]

Parcells said he didnt want to go through another rookie QB again.

Wasnt the "grooming' supposed to have been last year behind Bledsoe?  Sure he was hurt, but what else did he have to do except study football day in and day out.

Dude was downtown partying instead of earning his millions.

537481[/snapback]

And if the team was winning, he'd just be letting off steam among his fans downtown, I suppose.

Studying the playbook is different from getting reps in practice

Well, he's obviously not going to say, "I think Losman's future in this league is bleak," when he's trying to trade away the pick for the maximum possible value.

You may have missed my post above (#55). But to update it, I looked and the Cowboys traded a 3rd rounder for Henson on March 15, 2005, which was before the draft. There's your answer.

I'd give him the KC win as well, so, 2 wins...

538180[/snapback]

He also could have been the winning QB of record for the two home games against Miami and the Jets, had he played. I always felt that it was foolish to bench him with those two games coming up. Yes, the TB game was ugly, but the ATl game was pretty close, except for the 236 rushing yards Vick-Dunn-Duckett put up ( :blush: ). The Saints beat us when they still had McCallister (130 yards ;) ). That being said, the next three games were against bottom-feeders, and would have been great games to get JP back on track. What could have been....