Bills still not out of the running...

PromoTheRobot

Number one picks overall are pretty much set up for failure.  They are "supposed" to be the franchise because they are number one in the draft.  We better hope the Bills don't pick number one.  It is a set-up for failure most of the time.  Even if the player is good he gets labelled a bust.  The majority of times they are very poor value for the pick.  Cost way too much for what they give you.

536650[/snapback]

you mean like carson palmer, orlando pace, and payton manning?

you mean like carson palmer, orlando pace, and payton manning?

536688[/snapback]

More likely he's refering to David Carr, Courtney Brown, Tim Couch, Ki-Jana Carter, Dan Wilkinson, Steve Emtman, Jeff George, etc.

Thanks for the link. It does look like a #1 pick is out of the question. Either Houston of SF cannot have more than 3 wins. So a #2 is mathimatically possible.

But after reviewing the schedules of each team ahead of us in the draft order, it seems likely the Bills will move up from their current #8 spot. In fact a #4 pick is not out of the question.

PTR

More likely he's refering to David Carr, Courtney Brown, Tim Couch, Ki-Jana Carter,  Dan Wilkinson, Steve Emtman, Jeff George, etc.

536720[/snapback]

I would not label David Carr as a bust. The Texans have done very little to give him any O-Line help. Their last 3 first round picks have all gone to the defense.

I heard if the Jets beat the Bills the last game it could drop the jets 5 or 6  spots in the draft.

536929[/snapback]

That's possible I guess...so many variables. That Jets/Bills finale will be something to see: two teams TRYING to lose to presrve their draft position. The NFL's worst nightmare! I'll bet Vegas won't even put a line on that game.

PTR

I believe Number 1 picks is where you have the best opportunity for a superstar player. The 2004 AP All Pro team had 9 of 12 starters named to offense that were first picks. The defense had all 13 selections who were first round picks. The second team was 10 offensive/7 defensive players that were first round picks Of 44 position players selected to the first and second teams, 89% were first picks.

So for all the naysayers who point to busts Ryan Leaf and Mike Williams and say trade out of the high slot, I say a competent GM can grab a rare talent in that position. Keep the pick, grab a star.

That's possible I guess...so many variables.  That Jets/Bills finale will be something to see:  two teams TRYING to lose to presrve their draft position.  The NFL's worst nightmare!  I'll bet Vegas won't even put a line on that game.

PTR

537091[/snapback]

Although many fans want their teams to lose the games I can assure you the players don't think that way. Every single one of the players on the field will be doing their best to win.

But, but, I heard of him...

Leinart will absolutly be an NFL bust.  His success is based on having a ridiculous amount of talent around him.  Reggie Bush, Mike Williams, and an offensive line that gives him all day to throw the ball. 

Tim Couch, Eric Crouch, Alex Ware, Gino, Ryan Leaf, Wuerffel, Klinger and soon Matt Leinart. 

Why would SF, Houston or Buffalo take a QB with the 1st pick?  The Jets or Browns are more likely to draft a QB with their 1st pick.

536600[/snapback]

you know nothing

go root for the jets or something

With Houston's win, the Bills are still mathimatically alive for the #1 pick over all.  Does anyone know how the Bills' strength-of-schedule stacks up against all the teams with 4 wins and less?  That is the tiebreaker.

The Bills have not given up the fight to lose all their games!  Brings a tear to my eye just thinking it

PTR

536459[/snapback]

Definetly going in the right direction.