Am I the only one who thinks Losman is better?

seq004

i think JP is still skitish. he gets upset about bad play and falls apart (you could see it in the miami and pats games). he still throws balls all over the place.

that said, holcomb is gutless and with the right side of our line being hurt resulting in no running game i'm pretty sure he will be sacked and fumble a few times.

Neither one is going to be effective behind this O-Line. Neither would Jim Kelly,

Joe Montana, or Brett Farve. NFL football is the ultimate team sport and if one part of the team isn't performing, the rest of the team falls apart.

Get a decent O-Line in front of Losman and he will do well, IF his confidence survives the transition from crap to quality. Bad O-lines, along with bad coaching and organizations, have destroyed the confidence of many first round draft picks at QB. The transition from college to the NFL is a big one.

He has not shown much to make me optimistic. Yet, it is so difficult to tell with the offensive line woes and the team playing horribly as a whole.

So far, I am not convinced that he is the answer. I hope that he is given how much we have invested in him. Yet, the Bills made a horrible mistake giving him the job when he was not ready and without upgrading the line. We had a fine quarterback. We should have uprgraded the line several years ago. We have not done him, Willis or anyone else any favors by fielding a horrible offensive line.

...than Kelly Holcomb at this point as our starting QB? I mean look at the KC game. If Kelly doesn't get hurt do we win that game? No. I don't think KH could have played any better than Losman did in the Phins game. It wasn't JP's fault the defense caved in the 4th quarter. When Losman has time he is very accurate with the ball. All Kelly will do is dink & dunk his way down the field. I really don't want MM back next year. He'll screw up the head of any young QB that comes here.  :o

534579[/snapback]

just because losman played out of his mind in that kc game does not mean that he is better then holcomb. manning and brady probably would not have brought them back. chit,if you put losman in that same situation again,he would probably throw 2 pics. ---

i certainly think that holcomb could have played as good as jp in the dolphin game. jp did NOTHING after the first quarter. kelly is just more consistent. do you think that jp could have done as good as holcomb did up in new england where the bills nearly pulled it out??? i think not.

Kelly is a far better QB at this point of their career but both have their limitations. Granted JP does has the better physical traits. Though I don't understand why people are upset with dinking and dunking, as it's what the Patriots have lived on since Brady replaced Bledsoe and what made San Fran and the WCO so deadly. Granted the threat of a long pass thrown in now and again can only make an offense that much better and why ultimately JP might become a better QB than Holcomb.

Yet the one thing that JP is missing right now is consistancy. I'm sure it will come in time but hope he can get more playing this year as I think he needs to come up with another Houston type game (with more success in the red zone -which I feel both QBs have been failures at thus far) to gain some more confidence and something to build on for next year.

After listening and watching that game, its clear Holcomb is the better quarterback, and the team plays better with him in.

One of the  commentators was even suggesting on ESPN Radio that the Bills stick with Holcomb next year, and commit to him rather then to Losman.

535521[/snapback]

Poor mans Bledsoe no thanks.

so why can't the beloved Losman dink and dunk a few to generate some first downs and score some points?

If the line is capable of allowing such an offense for Holcomb, why is JP so pig headed that he can't take the defense is giving instead of tryihg to force something which obviously doesn't work?

534909[/snapback]

Is it possible that our great coach does not have the same game plan for both QB's.. It obvious that JP has the stronger arm and is asked to make the long ball throw while Holcomb is not,because he can't..I think JP has shown some great skill at throwing the quick slant or in hitting the crossing patteren,but that doesn't seem to be called as much for him..

Not that I enjoy the dinking and dunking as much but I do believe you have to rely on your coaching staff to put you in a spot to win with play calling but we don't have that.

Is it possible that our great coach does not have the same game plan for both QB's.. It obvious that JP has the stronger arm and is asked to make the long ball throw while Holcomb is not,because he can't..I think JP has shown some great skill at throwing the quick slant or in hitting the crossing patteren,but that doesn't seem to be called as much for him..

Not that I enjoy the dinking and dunking as much but I do believe you have to rely on your coaching staff to put you in a spot to win with play calling but we don't have that.

535690[/snapback]

On second thought with our current offensive line that was put together by our genius GM no QB would have a chance to succceed.

The problem with this thread is we're comparing a 10 year vet with a first year starter, nearly a rookie, and there's no consensus who is better. The 10 year vet should be a hell of a lot better than the rookie.

When we first went down by 7, who out there thought we were coming back with Holcomb? At least with JP out there he can throw the long ball and we may get lucky and score a quick 7.

Then again, once our defense decided to play like they have been playing the rest of the year, there was no chance to win with either QB.

What did JP have, 1 good game aginst the worst pass D in the league? makes me all warm and fuzzy inside for next season.

535698[/snapback]

Since he's come back from his benching he's looked fine in every game exept last week. I don't know what you're expecting from a guy with half a season's worth of starts under his belt but it sounds like your expectations aren't realistic.