We Are Living the Curse of Rob Johnson

Alaska Darin

I just watched the 1999 highlight that Tivo recorded from earlier this week.  We'll long rue the day Butler traded for that two-bit, retatta-filled, one-shoe, hot tub sitting, California fairy.

Fug I hate Rob Johnson.

534578[/snapback]

Butler on every Bills Player... " He's a fine young man "

I never took sides in that QB debate. I couldn't stand either one of them. Flutie had a great 2nd half in 1998...then...

RJ was like having John Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas at QB. The stash was always misplaced.

The fan-team QB relationship has some real parallels to dating...

RJ was the cute girl that teased you, strung you along, kept going out on dates with you, always a promise of getting a little bit more.

Flutie was the homely flat chick that was cool to be around, and she'd always "take care" of you :doh:

When they made you choose, and you finally decided to date the cute one (RJ) exclusively, she waited until your other bridge was burned before telling you no sex until marriage.

Then, when you couldnt take it and ditched the cute one, the next month (season) she proceeded to nail some random ugly frat guy who had no interest in her and tossed her aside like yesterdays garbage afterwards. (RJ winning the SB in Tampa)

Moral: i really dont know, just kinda took off with the story, but i guess it would be... Women and QB's, cant live with 'em, cant live without them

I just watched the 1999 highlight that Tivo recorded from earlier this week.  We'll long rue the day Butler traded for that two-bit, retatta-filled, one-shoe, hot tub sitting, California fairy.

Fug I hate Rob Johnson.

534578[/snapback]

No it's the curse of Doug Flutie. When we screwed him over and started Johnson against Tenessee, we ruined the cosmic karma, that had Flutie triumphantly returning to the NFL, taking the Bills to the Super Bowl, and winning it. We have been paying the price for that sin ever since. Karma. You do good things and good things happen.

I attended the Ravens-Jaguars game in Baltimore back in 97... I remember it well. Week 1, it was a 4:00 game, and after seeing the Todd Collins-era begin at Rich with a lackluster effort against the Vikings, we left the sports bar and went to the stadium. Even though Vinny pretty much gave the game away as usual back then, I couldn't help but be impressed with RJ that day. He was all over the field, running for his life & making plays left-and-right. He got banged-up, but came back in & made some more plays. I remember thinking to myself, "This guy would sure look good in a Bills uniform... much better than Collins.". :o:D;)

Nice analogy... I love it :D

The fan-team QB relationship has some real parallels to dating...

RJ was the cute girl that teased you, strung you along, kept going out on dates with you, always a promise of getting a little bit more.

Flutie was the homely flat chick that was cool to be around, and she'd always "take care" of you :o

When they made you choose, and you finally decided to date the cute one (RJ) exclusively, she waited until your other bridge was burned before telling you no sex until marriage.

Then, when you couldnt take it and ditched the cute one, the next month (season) she proceeded to nail some random ugly frat guy who had no interest in her and tossed her aside like yesterdays garbage afterwards. (RJ winning the SB in Tampa)

Moral: i really dont know, just kinda took off with the story, but i guess it would be... Women and QB's, cant live with 'em, cant live without them

534667[/snapback]

I attended the Ravens-Jaguars game in Baltimore back in 97... I remember it well. Week 1, it was a 4:00 game, and after seeing the Todd Collins-era begin at Rich with a lackluster effort against the Vikings, we left the sports bar and went to the stadium. Even though Vinny pretty much gave the game away as usual back then, I couldn't help but be impressed with RJ that day. He was all over the field, running for his life & making plays left-and-right. He got banged-up, but came back in & made some more plays. I remember thinking to myself, "This guy would sure look good in a Bills uniform... much better than Collins.". :o  :D  ;)

534745[/snapback]

I saw that game on TV. That was right before the pod people took RJ to the mother ship for the anal probe, which he obviously liked too much.