Stay The Course

ARGB52

This team is on the right track. That was one of the best D- lines in the NFL. This young O-line learned a lot and our fullback has learned that picking up the blitz is going to be his biggest task. The defense gave up 13 points and we out played them on special teams. I am as mad as you are about the 1st game but this game was always going to be hard for us to win and if it wasn't for our own mistakes we would have won it. Oakland got lucky.

This is the team we all wanted. A tough defense and a smash mouth offense with good special teams. We are almost there.

As soon as Moulds, Bledsoe, Villari, Evans, Crowell and others stop making mistakes we will start to win. That should come soon.

This is still a playoff team and it is being built the same way that the Panthers were built last year. Good special Teams, Dominating Defense, Smash mouth offense. This was a tough lose but to be honest I never though they would be in this game at all.

This is the style of play we all have been asking for so stop Bitching !! :D

What the hell are you smoking??

Smash mouth offense? Smash mouth offense means being able to put the ball in the end zone when you are one the 1. Smash mouth offense means your offensive line isn't a turnstile on every single play. Smash mouth offense means making the tough yards through guts and grit, neither of which this team has displayed in TWO YEARS!

Good special teams??? What games have you been watching?? Our friggin punter is the best player on the team right now. THE PUNTER for christ's sake. Lindell sucks, his kickoffs land at the 12 if we're lucky and every time he kicks a field goal I close my eyes.

I'm all for the rose colored glasses but right now, this team SUCKS. I hope they turn it around. I've been hoping they turn it around for the last three years.

RunTheBall

This team is on the right track. That was one of the best D- lines in the NFL. This young O-line learned a lot and our fullback has learned that picking up the blitz is going to be his biggest task. The defense gave up 13 points and we out played them on special teams. I am as mad as you are about the 1st game but this game was always going to be hard for us to win and if it wasn't for our own mistakes we would have won it. Oakland got lucky.

This is the team we all wanted. A tough defense and a smash mouth offense with good special teams. We are almost there.

As soon as Moulds, Bledsoe, Villari, Evans, Crowell and others stop making mistakes we will start to win. That should come soon.

This is still a playoff team and it is being built the same way that the Panthers were built last year. Good special Teams, Dominating Defense, Smash mouth offense. This was a tough lose but to be honest I never though they would be in this game at all.

This is the style of play we all have been asking for so stop Bitching !!  :D

38028[/snapback]

Into the Abyss? Yeah I'll blindly follow into it.

Hey ARG, are you freakin' NUTS?!?! Open your eyes. Special team penalties killed 2 good returns. Bledsoe & Moulds are not rookies, these mistakes are who they are. The "D" caved twice now in the late 4th qtr.

Lastly, I don't know which of your comments is more stupid, "playoff team", or "smashmouth". Must be those power runs the last 2 weeks on short yardage TD situations that gives us all thise points. HAHA!!

On the right track?

yeah, for an 0-16 season.

We weren't playing "good" teams these last two games we were playing average teams....so, how can you say we're on the right track?

7 sacks? Two TD's in two games...one of them basically meaningless?

Please.

At least you guys are consistent. You B word when we lose and I'm sure you will B word when we win. That's all you guys do.

I see issues that are correctable you see death and distruction.

I see mistakes on offense with an all new coaching staff. You see the fall of the empire.

I see returns on special teams and a punter and a kicker that improved from the last game with a new coach and after two games you see disaster.

Because I see the glass half full after TWO games you think I'm smoking something.

I say to All of you STOP THE BITCHING. This is what YOU all wanted. The team that is being built right now before your very eyes Will be in the playoffs.

If and when it isn't is when I will start bitching but I'm not going to B word after just TWO GAMES

At least you guys are consistent. You B word when we lose and I'm sure you will B word when we win. That's all you guys do.

I see issues that are correctable you see death and distruction.

I see mistakes on offense with an all new coaching staff. You see the fall of the empire.

I see returns on special teams and a punter and a kicker that improved from the last game with a new coach and after two games you see disaster.

Because I see the glass half full after TWO games you think I'm smoking something.

I say to All of you STOP THE BITCHING. This is what YOU all wanted. The team that is being built right now before your very eyes Will be in the playoffs.

If and when it isn't is when I will start bitching but I'm not going to B word after just TWO GAMES

38077[/snapback]

You know what I see...I see a lot of the same things in the last 2 games that led to a 6-10 season a year ago and GW not being offered a new contract.

You know what I see...I see a lot of the same things in the last 2 games that led to a 6-10 season a year ago and GW not  being offered a new contract.

38083[/snapback]

Not offering GW a new contract was one of the things which TD got right. GW should not have been hired in the first place over Fox or Lewis. Once he was hired, TD never should have let him make his own bed with his coaching staff as he did not (and does not) know the O game.

Once this became clear when Shepard needed to be canned, TD should have followed his own inclination and gotten GW to hire Clements instead of Kevin Killdrive.

Once it was clear that Killdrive was pass-happy, TD should have forced (cajoled) GW into stripping him of the OC responsibility (as NYG did in mid-season with Sean Payton) and given it to former OC les Steckel as apparently many players advocated doing.

Canning GW was the right thing to do to try to reverse an early error by TD.

TD should have canned Gilbride at the bye and GW too if he refused to do it.

By not taking any action, TD tanked teh season.

It looks like this season may be going the same direction with the offene severely limited by our QB.

Bye week is here - time to bench Drew and remove the cancer. Let Matthews play until Losman returns. Matthews can not produce any worse than Bledsoe

Not offering GW a new contract was one of the things which TD got right.  GW should not have been hired in the first place over Fox or Lewis.  Once he was hired, TD never should have let him make his own bed with his coaching staff as he did not (and does not) know the O game.

Once this became clear when Shepard needed to be canned, TD should have followed his own inclination and gotten GW to hire Clements instead of Kevin Killdrive.

Once it was clear that Killdrive was pass-happy, TD should have forced (cajoled) GW into stripping him of the OC responsibility (as NYG did in mid-season with Sean Payton) and given it to former OC les Steckel as apparently many players advocated doing.

Canning GW was the right thing to do to try to reverse an early error by TD.

38098[/snapback]

38028[/snapback]

Here's the thing. After the next game (and subsequent loss) you will have another list of players that once they "stop making mistakes the Bills will start to win." And the loss after that you will have another list, and the loss after that. Some weeks the names will be the same, some weeks we'll add new players. Many of us here have been making this list for too long.

38028[/snapback]

I like your optimism, and we certainly could use more of that around here. I must point out, though, that it isn't as simple as just 'stop making mistakes'. Better mental preparation usually can come from good coaching, players working on their faults, and players becoming more and more familiar with each other and learning to overcome mistakes. That takes time. This is why I felt going into this season that we're about a year away from serious contention. We have a lot of talent here, but they still need to play together as a team and find ways to win games. People like to whine and complain about the Patriots' luck and all, but the fact is that they do find ways to win. Does anyone really believe that they would have blown 4 red zone opportunities like Indy did against them if they were in the same position? As the cliche goes, good teams find ways to win. We're still a work in progress: we have talent, now we need to find ways to come up on the positive side of situations like 4th and goal from the 1, or stop teams from converting 4th and 14 plays and keeping eventual game-winning drives alive.

38028[/snapback]

"Still" a playoff team? Aside from the fact that this never was a playoff team, what 10 teams are they going to beat to make the playoffs when they can't score more than 10 points against teams that were sub .500 last year? I'm all for optimism (well ok, that's stevestojan), but you need to put down the crack pipe. They've scored 20 points in 8 quarters. Only Tampa Bay has a worse offensive output after two weeks. I think it's far more likely that Dallas will be all pumped up about the top 5 pick they'll get next year.

Guest BillsRebound

I originally thought Bledsoe would get 8-10 games this year before getting the hook. I am not so sure about that anymore. I just don't see how Mularkey can stay with him if the offense continues to put up 10 points per game. The booing will become louder and louder at home games. Could you imagine the uproar if Losman wasn't on crutches to get him in there? Someone on the defensive side needs to publicly challenge the offense to put some points on the scoreboard.