Could MM be demoted

Gary M

I can't see RW canning him and writing off the remaning years of his salary.

But man I don't want him back next year.

532779[/snapback]

don't be so sure of that. he's not making that much, and the nfl is a hugely profitable business. 3 mill amortized over 3 years is nothing -- just think of the money the bills will be eating next year for mike williams.

532779[/snapback]

No, this is not permitted.

It would also brand Ralph Wilson as the Scrooge of the century.

JDG

No, this is not permitted.

It would also brand Ralph Wilson as the Scrooge of the century.

JDG

532798[/snapback]

Yeah, but hasn't that ship already sailed?

I mean, didn't Ralph try to get out of paying Wade the final year - using Wade's refusal to fire Special Teams coach Ronnie Jones as his excuse?

I seem to remember some sort of legal action, which ultimately went in Wade's favor.

Are you saying he should be made offensive coordinator? I know that Ralph has to keep paying Mularkey's salary until Mularkey's contract is over, or he quits.

Are you saying he should be made offensive coordinator? I know that Ralph has to keep paying Mularkey's salary until Mularkey's contract is over, or he quits.

533111[/snapback]

or if he gets another coaching JIG...though don't know if a OC position somehwere will count towards that.

533111[/snapback]

Wrong.

He is required to keep paying him until the end of contract or if someone else hires him he is no longer obligated.

don't be so sure of that. he's not making that much, and the nfl is a hugely profitable business. 3 mill amortized over 3 years is nothing -- just think of the money the bills will be eating next year for mike williams.

532781[/snapback]

Eating money is not the same as handing it out. That money was paid to Mike four years ago. The only place it still exists is in the fantasy land of salary caps. Ralph would actually have to keep signing checks for Mularkey until he gets a job.

Yeah, but as someone else stated prior, that was more due to pettiness on Ralph's

part, not him trying to be cheap. Which I agree.

Yeah, but hasn't that ship already sailed?

I mean, didn't Ralph try  to get out of paying Wade the final year - using Wade's refusal to fire Special Teams coach Ronnie Jones as his excuse?

I seem to remember some sort of legal action, which ultimately went in Wade's favor.

533017[/snapback]