2006 O line

frogger

Jason Peters-Max Jean Gilles-LeCharles Bentley-Chris V.-Jon Runyan

sign Bentley in the offseason along with the well seasoned Runyan, the first year cap cost would be less than Mike Williams, it would be less than what we save releasing mike williams, and in the 2nd round draft MJG-unless your flavor is David Joseph, who might not be as talented but is more athletic. MJG weighs in at about 360, while joseph is a light weight at 315

this line is better at run blocking, and is far better at pass blocking, and is reasonable price wise

sign Bentley in the offseason along with the well seasoned Runyan, the first year cap cost would be less than Mike Williams, it would be less than what we save releasing mike williams, and in the 2nd round draft MJG-unless your flavor is David Joseph, who might not be as talented but is more athletic.  MJG weighs in at about 360, while joseph is a light weight at 315

this line is better at run blocking, and is far better at pass blocking, and is reasonable price wise

531767[/snapback]

I like Jean-Gilles. I know he's had some issues in terms of conditioning and still has some trouble w/ athletic interior pass rushers, but overall, he's a great prospect. He's big, moves pretty well for a guy his size (6-4, 340) and is a mauler. His pass protection, which was a weak point for him, has gotten much better this year and he has remained healthy, which is always a plus for big OL.

sign Bentley in the offseason along with the well seasoned Runyan, the first year cap cost would be less than Mike Williams, it would be less than what we save releasing mike williams, and in the 2nd round draft MJG-unless your flavor is David Joseph, who might not be as talented but is more athletic.  MJG weighs in at about 360, while joseph is a light weight at 315

531767[/snapback]

You're ignoring Duke Preston. We would be better served spending half the MW money on the DL and seeing if this kid's got the skills. I like the Runyan idea though as giving us an experienced right side, JaP is holding his own, and MJG is not a bad idea either. We would be well served to start thinking now, however, about the eventuality of CVs breaking down. It's already seeming to happen.

I like Gilles of GA as well reminds me of Larry Allen at least in frame.

I wonder what a new regimes approach to Mike Williams might be. There has to be intrigue that he can be coached up. Films from last year must show some progress. He can run block. Would not surprise me to see some sort of renegotiation attempt by a new GM/coach who can then cut him if he still rides the pine.

How about...

LT - Jeff Backus

LG - Steve Hutchinson

C - Duke Preston

RG - Chris Villarial

RT - Jason Peters

Backus & Hutch are young and we can sign them. Backus has said he wants out of Det and Sea may not have enough cash for Hutch. That leaves our 1st & 2nd rd picks for D.

How about...

LT - Jeff Backus

LG - Steve Hutchinson

C - Duke Preston

RG - Chris Villarial

RT - Jason Peters

Backus & Hutch are young and we can sign them.  Backus has said he wants out of Det and Sea may not have enough cash for Hutch.  That leaves our 1st & 2nd rd picks for D.

532312[/snapback]

I like it. Also, we have more veteran leaders on the D to help along strong D-line talent. The O-line is more critical that we get some experience.

How about:

LT - Jeff Backus

LG - Steve Hutchinson

C - LeCharles Bentley

RG - Vince Manuwai

RT - Jon Runyan

0:)

532352[/snapback]

Vince Manuwai is terrible. The Colts roughed him up pretty good on Sunday. Pete Prisco started the hype on this kid, but has recently retracted it. Manuwai is on the verge of being benched for sukkin.

Jeff Backus is not a good answer at OLT. He is overrated, but nowhere near as overrated as Vince Manuwai.

Instead of fantasizing that every single listed UFA will immediately decide to freeze his rear off for pennies in Buffalo, perhaps the Bills ought to find out what is on their roster now. Preston may not cut it at OG. However, he surely cannot be worse than Teague at C. I would also like to see Geisinger get a look, even if MM doesn't. How in the world could Geisinger be worse than Bennie?

How about, for the final few weeks, the Bills look at this OL:

Gandy

Geisinger

Preston

CV

Peters

and then we can fantasize about how every single UFA superstar is just dying to live in Buffalo for a bargain contract...

Vince Manuwai is terrible.  The Colts roughed him up pretty good on Sunday.  Pete Prisco started the hype on this kid, but has recently retracted it.  Manuwai is on the verge of being benched for sukkin.

Jeff Backus is not a good answer at OLT.  He is overrated, but nowhere near as overrated as Vince Manuwai.

Instead of fantasizing that every single listed UFA will immediately decide to freeze his rear off for pennies in Buffalo, perhaps the Bills ought to find out what is on their roster now.  Preston may not cut it at OG.  However, he surely cannot be worse than Teague at C.  I would also like to see Geisinger get a look, even if MM doesn't.  How in the world could Geisinger be worse than Bennie?

How about, for the final few weeks, the Bills look at this OL:

Gandy

Geisinger

Preston

CV

Peters

and then we can fantasize about how every single UFA superstar is just dying to live in Buffalo for a bargain contract...

532390[/snapback]

Whoever is QB behind that line might not think it is such a good idea to take snaps behind that line Saturday.

How about...

LT - Jeff Backus

LG - Steve Hutchinson

C - Duke Preston

RG - Chris Villarial

RT - Jason Peters

Backus & Hutch are young and we can sign them.  Backus has said he wants out of Det and Sea may not have enough cash for Hutch.  That leaves our 1st & 2nd rd picks for D.

532312[/snapback]

I think you might be on to something there. However, that would mean admitting that 3/5 of our offensive line is already on the team. Good God, how can that be possible?!?

How in the world could Geisinger be worse than Bennie?

Well, he could be at the level of Pucillo....