All of this new HC talk...

udonkey

I concur. As for filling the seats, nothing like a few good FA signings to fill the seats.

531082[/snapback]

i am more then a little tired of the FA signings.

lets get back to the fundamentals and build with the draft.

then add a possible vet late in the FA period. Guys like Leonard Smith, Conrad Dobler, James Lofton. These are guys I want.

not the Joe Panos, Bennie Andersons, and Trey Teagues.

then add a possible vet late in the FA period.  Guys like Leonard Smith, Conrad Dobler, James Lofton.  These are guys I want. 

531122[/snapback]

Those guys are a little old, don't you think? :doh:

I know what you mean, but to be competitive in the NFL today, you have to do well in the draft, and you have to use the FA market to your advantage as well. I don't think that TD was wrong in taking chance on these types of guys (though I still don't understand letting Ross Tucker go!), it is just that if they don't work out, you are screwed. I think he thought getting average guys like these, and adding McNally (the best OL coach in the leauge, according to many), there would be some payoff. It worked for McNally everywhere else, but not in Buffalo. I find it hard to be as critical of TD's efforts here, as many have been. I can be critical of his results, but not his effort! The O-line plan was a calculated risk, that did not work out...hopefully the next GM learns from TD's mistake. I still think that the Bills, with their current talent, adding some front-line O-line and D-line help, would be a very good team....

and I'm willing to bet that Mularkey is still here next season (along with some new coordinators and a new GM)

530775[/snapback]

I don't think so.. that Marv comment leads me to believe that even if we don't pick him up, we've been poking around for a new coach.

-Jeff

then add a possible vet late in the FA period.  Guys like Leonard Smith, Conrad Dobler, James Lofton.  These are guys I want. 

not the Joe Panos, Bennie Andersons, and Trey Teagues.

531122[/snapback]

You are sure you don't want someone like a Takeo Spikes or

a Lawyer Milloy....

Of course you can't be happy about Coy Wire, Roscoe Parrish, etc...

Bottom line is we need a balance from the draft and the FA pool...You can't

just look at one of them....Draft gives cheap labor....FA gives well-proved

labor...You have to have a balance