Wade Phillips

1billsfan

I'm not saying I even want him back, but I'm just floating his name out there. He did get us to the playoffs before and had the Titans on the ropes before the most absurd play ever in playoff history happened. Then bring in Haslett as the DC and Norv as the OC. If Malarkey goes I would mind him being thrown into the mix. Hey I think Wade even wears a headset now!

Just curious, who was our offensive coordinator during the year of the Titan playoff loss? Anyone know?

I'm not saying I even want him back, but I'm just floating his name out there. He did get us to the playoffs before and had the Titans on the ropes before the most absurd play ever in playoff history happened. Then bring in Haslett as the DC and Norv as the OC. If Malarkey goes I would mind him being thrown into the mix. Hey I think Wade even wears a headset now!

Just curious, who was our offensive coordinator during the year of the Titan playoff loss? Anyone know?

530697[/snapback]

Joe "I'm talking into the palm of my hand" Pendry

Don't smoke crack.

530697[/snapback]

Don't smoke crack.

530716[/snapback]

Who do the non-crack smokers want as the next head coach? Seriously, give me a name of who you'd like coaching the Bills next season? Please name someone that we could possibly get.

I was just curious of the reaction his name would get. He's probably around number 5 or lower on my list of coaches I'd want. But I would take him over Malarkey no doubt.

It is a real possibility that there may be nine or ten coaching searches going on. There are many more attractive teams than Buffalo. I suspect we will be hard put to get one of the "traditional" blue chip candidates. Let me throw a name out (remember I wanted Nick Saban as the long shot when we hired Mularkey, and Marv Lewis when we hired Gregg Williams.) Mike Leach of Texas Tech or Rich Rodriguea of West Virginia University. Leach is an offensive maverick with ideas that could revolutionize pro football or be a massive failure...in contrast to Mularkey and Williams...who were plain old massive failures.

Who do the non-crack smokers want as the next head coach? Seriously, give me a name of who you'd like coaching the Bills next season? Please name someone that we could possibly get.

530726[/snapback]

Nah. It's just easier to sit back and attack suggestions.

I was just curious of the reaction his name would get. He's probably around number 5 or lower on my list of coaches I'd want. But I would take him over Malarkey no doubt.

530726[/snapback]

While he isn't a big name he was ahell of a lot better coach than GW or MM. I remember him as D coordinator switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 mid season when one of our MLB went down and the D didn't miss a beat. He at least was bold enough to make changes that he felt would make the team better.

I would love to have Wade back.

I know that is an unpopular opinion on this board, but so be it.

His win-loss record speaks for itself.

Yet, given his relationship with Ralph, I doubt it would ever happen.

Ok I have an idea.  How about the next nutjob that starts a thread making a ridiculous suggestion for head coach gets suspended for 6 months.  ENOUGH ALREADY.  Go back to playing Dungeons & Dragons.

530734[/snapback]

Ok then Mr. Levelheaded poster, please give us all a plausible name that you'd want coaching the Bills next season. I dare you to tell me you want Malarkey back, please.

Here's a hard fact tough guy: The Bills are the LAST place a prospective head coach will want to come. So I hate to tell ya this but if your looking for a former head coach, Wade Phillips might be the best this team will be able to do fella.

No, if for no other reason that his COMPLETE lack of emphasis on ST.

From what I understand, back in his tenure about the only coaching that went on for ST was done by Christie & Mohr.

What do you think will happen to the only good performing aspect of our team?

Remember in StL April sucked; here he's great. Think that might have something to do w/ Mularky vs Martz?

Guest BackInDaDay
I was hoping that they'd break ranks and give me an answer.

Oh yeah, like that'll happen!  :doh:

530871[/snapback]

I really don't think anybody's going anywhere, but if Ralph cleans house and Jeff Fischer is available, he's who I'd like. I'll leave the college suggestions to those who know them better.