Wade Phillips

1billsfan

I really don't think anybody's going anywhere, but if Ralph cleans house and Jeff Fischer is available, he's who I'd like.  I'll leave the college suggestions to those who know them better.

530904[/snapback]

I'd like Fisher, too. But I think he's a fixture with TEN, along the lines of Cowher.

Guest BackInDaDay
I'd like Fisher, too. But I think he's a fixture with TEN, along the lines of Cowher.

530941[/snapback]

You're probably right. Who's his GM? They purged alot of talent last pre-season to get under the cap. Any idea if it's the same guy that put them in that spot, or did they hire someone new to bail them out (sounds familiar)?

Agreed, I'd take him over what we have seen the past 8 years.

And no, I don't agree with you that we should take Rob Johnson back. :doh:

I would love to have Wade back.

I know that is an unpopular opinion on this board, but so be it.

His win-loss record speaks for itself.

Yet, given his relationship with Ralph, I doubt it would ever happen.

530808[/snapback]

You're probably right.  Who's his GM?  They purged alot of talent last pre-season to get under the cap.  Any idea if it's the same guy that put them in that spot, or did they hire someone new to bail them out (sounds familiar)?

530959[/snapback]

I don't know. My guess is that he stocked up in hopes of another SB run - and I don't condemn that. I wonder if Indy will implode at some point - Manning's contract $$$ has to hit the team sooner or later, I'd think.

The B'gals have traded down the past few years, which I like to see. But Palmer's contract kinda limits their ability to pay high-pick money. They have a big hit coming in '07 - the entire OL will be free agents, assuming C Brabham and RT Anderson don't retire.

I'm not saying I even want him back, but I'm just floating his name out there. He did get us to the playoffs before and had the Titans on the ropes before the most absurd play ever in playoff history happened. Then bring in Haslett as the DC and Norv as the OC. If Malarkey goes I would mind him being thrown into the mix. Hey I think Wade even wears a headset now!

Just curious, who was our offensive coordinator during the year of the Titan playoff loss? Anyone know?

530697[/snapback]

Wade did good things for us as our defense was good during his time as a head coach. However, that is now in the past. That loss against the Titans was arguably the most painful loss in Bills history.

Guest BackInDaDay
I don't know. My guess is that he stocked up in hopes of another SB run - and I don't condemn that. I wonder if Indy will implode at some point - Manning's contract $$$ has to hit the team sooner or later, I'd think.

The B'gals have traded down the past few years, which I like to see. But Palmer's contract kinda limits their ability to pay high-pick money. They have a big hit coming in '07 - the entire OL will be free agents, assuming C Brabham and RT Anderson don't retire.

530975[/snapback]

Thanks, Cincy. I was just wondering if Tennessee was in a bind. That would limit Fischer's personnel for the next couple seasons. Rather than being fired, he may be looking for a 'healthier' team in the near future. I'd have to look up his current contract, but I'm not sure where to find that info. It's not that important though, because I really think Wilson will give both Donahoe and Mularkey at least another year to get it right.

Good observation about the Colt's and Bengal's payrolls.

TD is in a good position to pick up good talent this off-season - drafting, trade, or both. I hope the opportunity's not squandered. :doh:

Who do the non-crack smokers want as the next head coach? Seriously, give me a name of who you'd like coaching the Bills next season? Please name someone that we could possibly get.

I was just curious of the reaction his name would get. He's probably around number 5 or lower on my list of coaches I'd want. But I would take him over Malarkey no doubt.

530726[/snapback]

Jeff Fisher if the Titan fire him or Kirk Ferentz

Nah.  It's just easier to sit back and attack suggestions.

530731[/snapback]

I'm not sure which is easier; throwing out a former Bills player/coach as a possible HC or GM or attacking the posters that do so. I know the latter is more fun.

Personally I'll sit back and wait to see who is actually available at the end of the season before throwing names out there.

Guest BackInDaDay
Personally I'll sit back and wait to see who is actually available at the end of the season before throwing names out there.

531238[/snapback]

Every party has a pooper... :P

Wade did good things for us as our defense was good during his time as a head coach.  However, that is now in the past. That loss against the Titans was arguably the most painful loss in Bills history.

531041[/snapback]

Wade lost grip of his team just like Mike is doing now....He had no control over

the QB controversy, refused to kick his ST coach off the team and let the

midget create a locker room divide....

His defense was good, bend but don't break....but their intensity in the

RedZone was amazing....I had never seen a bills defense that was that

resilient in the Red Zone during those years.....Unlike this years version...

If the opponent got the ball in the Red zone it was TD.

Far from the truth.

Wade lost grip of his team just like Mike is doing now....He had no control over

the QB controversy, refused to kick his ST coach off the team and let the

midget create a locker room divide....

531353[/snapback]

Ok I have an idea.  How about the next nutjob that starts a thread making a ridiculous suggestion for head coach gets suspended for 6 months.  ENOUGH ALREADY.  Go back to playing Dungeons & Dragons.

530734[/snapback]

So if Marv Levy were a Cleric, what level do you think he would be....seriously, maybe lvl 20?