Ill give my choice for next Bills HC

Like A Mofo

I want to make this a separate thread for discussion:

Here is some info:

Childress

Highlights:

"I do believe that Brad is one of the top assistant coaches in the National Football League," said head coach Andy Reid. "He's done a great job and he's going to get rewarded for it sooner or later [with a head coaching opportunity]."

The club's QBs coach from 1999-2001 (he was hired one day after Reid was named head coach on January 11, 1999), Childress is credited with the development of McNabb. Under Childress' tutelage, McNabb learned the intricacies of the West Coast offense as a rookie and has become a five-time Pro Bowl selection and a perennial MVP candidate.

Prior to joining the Eagles, Childress orchestrated one of the nation's most productive offenses at the University of Wisconsin, where he served as offensive coordinator and QBs coach from 1992-98.

I believe if you get this guy and surround him with better assistants, I think Childress can succeed.

Thoughts?

The Philly mentallity seems fitting...

Both cities are blue collar

530364[/snapback]

A few friends of mine here in Jersey are big time Eagles fans and they said he would make a very good HC someday...and I know some will compare Childress to Mularkey, but IMO there is no comparison...Childress's resume is MUCH better.

I want to make this a separate thread for discussion:

Here is some info:

Childress

Highlights:

"I do believe that Brad is one of the top assistant coaches in the National Football League," said head coach Andy Reid. "He's done a great job and he's going to get rewarded for it sooner or later [with a head coaching opportunity]."

The club's QBs coach from 1999-2001 (he was hired one day after Reid was named head coach on January 11, 1999), Childress is credited with the development of McNabb. Under Childress' tutelage, McNabb learned the intricacies of the West Coast offense as a rookie and has become a five-time Pro Bowl selection and a perennial MVP candidate.

Prior to joining the Eagles, Childress orchestrated one of the nation's most productive offenses at the University of Wisconsin, where he served as offensive coordinator and QBs coach from 1992-98.

I believe if you get this guy and surround him with better assistants, I think Childress can succeed.

Thoughts?

530363[/snapback]

I'm not sure why someone who built an offense predicated on a great QB and versatile RB will be a good choice. I too have heard good things about Childress but you gotta get someone who's adaptable - and shown that he can adjust to different personnel - not sure I see that from him yet.

i dont know only if he is adaptable.i dont want another greg williams who only knows "his system" 1st off philly plays a west coast type offense and 2nd philly never never never has a running game and thats why philly has never won anything! i'll take a pass on childress thankyou

i dont know only if he is adaptable.i dont want another greg williams who only knows "his system"  1st off philly plays a west coast type offense and 2nd philly never never never has a running game and thats why philly has never won anything! i'll take a pass on childress thankyou

530369[/snapback]

Just like John Fox never won anything either, but boy wouldnt we want him right about now? Or John Gruden when he was first hired, didnt win anything either...

I understand your concerns, but evne hiring a retread HC has risk.

Just like John Fox never won anything either, but boy wouldnt we want him right about now?  Or John Gruden when he was first hired, didnt win anything either...

I understand your concerns, but evne hiring a retread HC has risk.

530372[/snapback]

oh you are definately right there.retreads can be just as bad.what i would really like to see is a coach who can game plan is all.i love how belecheck on one day can play his team in a base 4-3 and then switch to a 3-4 during the game.that is what i would like a coach who can gameplan and attack the weakness of a team.in the marv levy years it seems we always unleashed some new weapon each week.like when we showed miami our screens.that is what i want.i think the texans were smart to get dan reeves "in the fold"and i bet since he is on the team as a consultant he can probably get promoted without going through the have to hire miniortities 1st.and i am not saying not to hire a miniorty just saying that was a good hire out of nowhere. i'd take a rookie coach if it was one that showed our new gm the cxapacity to gameplan is all,go bills in'06

I second what Jamie said. Good coaches are coaches who can gameplan, but also aren't afraid to switch strategies.

Tony Dungy, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichek, and others all have these qualities. Their deliveries are different (yelling vs quiet, etc), however, the one thing that every great coach has, is the ability to gameplan to the strengths of your team.

Its hard to do, and it has been the problem of all our coaches in the past years.

Why don't we get a HC with experience instead of an OC/DC from someother team that will make a great HC someday....bring back Marv Levy!!!!!!!

530377[/snapback]

We definitely need a guy with some kind of track record, I am sick and tired of going the "coordinator" route!

We definitely need a guy with some kind of track record, I am sick and tired of going the "coordinator" route!

530499[/snapback]

Haven't heard anybody mention the former bills qb coack and current headcoach at Tulsa

craigthorpe. Spelled wrong I'm sure but he is doing a pretty good job of rebuilding the Tulsa program, they looked pretty solid beating cenrtral florida a couple weeks ago and he knows buffalo.

Haven't heard anybody mention the former bills qb coack and current headcoach at Tulsa

craigthorpe. Spelled wrong I'm sure but he is doing a pretty good job of rebuilding the Tulsa program, they looked pretty solid beating cenrtral florida a couple weeks ago and he knows buffalo.

530546[/snapback]

I'm sure he's doing just great in Tulsa...But Tulsa HC to NFL HC? That's a bit too big a leap for me to even consider... :D

i dont know only if he is adaptable.i dont want another greg williams who only knows "his system"  1st off philly plays a west coast type offense and 2nd philly never never never has a running game and thats why philly has never won anything! i'll take a pass on childress thankyou

530369[/snapback]

I'm not sure if I think he'd be the best choice for the team, but I think anyone that can go from Wisconsin's 'cloud of dust' offense to Reid's West Coast scheme has to be somewhat adaptable, right?

I'm not sure why someone who built an offense predicated on a great QB and versatile RB will be a good choice.  I too have heard good things about Childress but you gotta get someone who's adaptable - and shown that he can adjust to different personnel - not sure I see that from him yet.

530366[/snapback]

Charlie Weis.....a guy who can adapt to any situation.......