Lack of roll outs for JP...I don't get it!

LabattBlue

I know that roll outs cut down the ability to throw all over the field, but I continue to be puzzled as to why the Bills don't call more roll out pass plays for JP in lieu of the fact that this OL is getting worse not better and he is one of the most mobile QB's in the NFL.

Does the staff even realize that DB is no longer under center? :D

Mysteries of One Bills Drive .......

Jason Peters playing RT... if we have to convert a 7th round TE to play RT does that mean all of our backup linemen on the roster will get cut this offseason??

Cutting Bledsoe and handing JP the starting job with no "plan B".

Passing on Corey Simon.

The whole Adams/Moulds things.

Why the OC gets relieved of play calling duties .... with no significant change in the way we call our plays.

Mike Williams sitting the bench ... if he's injured put him on IR .. if not, find a place for him .. if he's really THAT bad, inactivate him and give some backup a chance.

Why can't we stop the run OR the pass.

How can a team draft and play in the free agent market for five years and STILL not come up with a single O-lineman worth a damn.

Where the heck did our Defense get the idea at the beginning of the season that they were so good?

Where did Clements get the idea that he was a top 5 "shut down corner".

Where the heck did Willis get the idea he was the best back in the NFL.

These are just a few things that have me scratching my head this season ...... I'm sure ya'll can add more if you try :D

Jason Peters playing RT... if we have to convert a 7th round TE to play RT does that mean all of our backup linemen on the roster will get cut this offseason??

Passing on Corey Simon.

Why the OC gets relieved of play calling duties .... with no significant change in the way we call our plays.

Mike Williams sitting the bench ... if he's injured put him on IR .. if not, find a place for him .. if he's really THAT bad, inactivate him and give some backup a chance.

How can a team draft and play in the free agent market for five years and STILL not come up with a single O-lineman worth a damn.

Where the heck did our Defense get the idea at the beginning of the season that they were so good?

These are just a few things that have me scratching my head this season ...... I'm sure ya'll can add more if you try :D

530367[/snapback]

Great Post !

Passing on Corey Simon.

These are just a few things that have me scratching my head this season ...... I'm sure ya'll can add more if you try :doh:

530367[/snapback]

I like this post a lot. It is dead on, but I think Holcomb was pretty much plan B for the Bledsoe dumping. Really, with a salary cap, a team cannot have much more of a plan B at quarterback.

Well, that kind of bashes Peters. He is an undrafted Salsh type player who teams didnt know if he was a TE/OT/or DT, but the guy is an athletic freak for his size and he is a very good OT.

I dont think there are any better OT's in the NFL besides Walter Jones and Roaf.

Well, that kind of bashes Peters.  He is an undrafted Salsh type player who teams didnt know if he was a TE/OT/or DT, but the guy is an athletic freak for his size and he is a very good OT.

I dont think there are any better OT's in the NFL besides Walter Jones and Roaf.

530710[/snapback]

Ogden. Pace.

I know that roll outs cut down the ability to throw all over the field, but I continue to be puzzled as to why the Bills don't call more roll out pass plays for JP in lieu of the fact that this OL is getting worse not better and he is one of the most mobile QB's in the NFL.

Does the staff even realize that DB is no longer under center? :doh:

530228[/snapback]

There was an article here in beantown last week (I can't find the link) saying that one of the things the Pats were worried about (other than cramping up from laughing so hard during analyzing game film of the Bills) was Losman's scrambling ability. The Bills have this kid who can run, yet don't use him, and the Pats have Brady, who limped straight into the endzone from 10 yards out. It boggles the mind.

I've wondered the same thing as Losman usually seems to be effective on the move. But I wonder if the Bills staff, viewing this season as a learning experience for a young QB, are reluctant to move him around because they are more focused on him learning to play from inside the pocket.

Well, that kind of bashes Peters.  He is an undrafted Salsh type player who teams didnt know if he was a TE/OT/or DT, but the guy is an athletic freak for his size and he is a very good OT.

530710[/snapback]

It was not intended as a "bash" against Peters .... as a matter of fact just the oppisite, I think he very well may be the brightest highlite the bills can claim this season.

What it IS a bash against however, is the rest of the O-linemen on our roster. The senario is ........ we have this handful of linemen collecting pay checks because the are professional linemen ........ when we need to plug in a replacement we have to turn to Peters ...... what I ment to say with my post ..... was if we can turn an undrafted (I mistakenly called him a 7th round pick) TE into a servicable (if not good) RT ..... why can't we turn one of our O-linemen into one and leave Peters to compete at the TE position.

As far as Peters being a gifted physical athletic freak .... wouldn't it have been nice to have him playing TE ..... could you envision KC converting their TE into a RT because he is a gifted athlete ..... how about SD with Gates???? It's not like the Bills have such a productive TE that Peters couldn't crack into the line up at that position.

Guest BackInDaDay
I've wondered the same thing as Losman usually seems to be effective on the move. But I wonder if the Bills staff, viewing this season as a learning experience for a young QB, are reluctant to move him around because they are more focused on him learning to play from inside the pocket.

530732[/snapback]

I agree. Unless it's a designed rollout, bootleg or sprint pass Losman has to learn how to get comfortable in the pocket. Unfortunately, suspect gameplans, injuries and other factors have taken a toll on creating a 'comfortable' learning environment.

Poor planning by the coaches. No QB draws, no bootlegs, no roll-outs nothing to keep a DL off balance. Just 5-7 step drops and QB pressures (except later in the game the 3 step drops). Why not take advantage of your QBs best asset? Also it slows down the rush to help your OL. Seems pretty obvious but I guess they see it differently.