Is there anyone who still wants MM as coach?

C.Biscuit97

Personally, I believe a coach needs 3 years to be fairly judged. The 1st year is a pass because he might not have all his players. The 2nd year there should be an improvement and the 3rd year you can have a clear indictation of whether they can coach or not. With MM, I really like the wayhe rallied the team last year. However, the dropoff this year is startling. Add to the fact the Moulds and Adams situation, I think he should be gone. And the fact that he admits he is calling the plays, only reaffirms he should be fired. If he didn't, then perhaps Clements could have be the scapegoat. Anyhow, is there anyone who think MM should be back? I would like to hear you opinion. Plus, can someone explain to me why you give a coach a 5 year deal who has never coached before (another bad move). You give him 3 tops. Where they really that worried about him leaving? Man, losing is frustrating. :doh:

Personally, I believe a coach needs 3 years to be fairly judged.  The 1st year is a pass because he might not have all his players.  The 2nd year there should be an improvement and the 3rd year you can have a clear indictation of whether they can coach or not.  With MM, I really like the wayhe rallied the team last year.  However, the dropoff this year is startling.  Add to the fact the Moulds and Adams situation, I think he should be gone.  And the fact that he admits he is calling the plays, only reaffirms he should be fired.  If he didn't, then perhaps Clements could have be the scapegoat.  Anyhow, is there anyone who think MM should be back?  I would like to hear you opinion.  Plus, can someone explain to me why you give a coach a 5 year deal who has never coached before (another bad move).  You give him 3 tops.  Where they really that worried about him leaving?  Man, losing is frustrating.  :w00t:

530111[/snapback]

Bye, Bye MM...Don't let the door hit you in the... :doh:

Personally, I believe a coach needs 3 years to be fairly judged.  The 1st year is a pass because he might not have all his players.  The 2nd year there should be an improvement and the 3rd year you can have a clear indictation of whether they can coach or not.  With MM, I really like the wayhe rallied the team last year.  However, the dropoff this year is startling.  Add to the fact the Moulds and Adams situation, I think he should be gone.  And the fact that he admits he is calling the plays, only reaffirms he should be fired.  If he didn't, then perhaps Clements could have be the scapegoat.  Anyhow, is there anyone who think MM should be back?  I would like to hear you opinion.  Plus, can someone explain to me why you give a coach a 5 year deal who has never coached before (another bad move).  You give him 3 tops.  Where they really that worried about him leaving?  Man, losing is frustrating.  :doh:

530111[/snapback]

Marv came in mid-season '86 to right a listing ship and finished 2-5, then went 7-8 in '87, then 12-4 in '88 (and one Ronnie Harmon dropped pass of a Superbowl bid).

The ship is listing again - bring back Marv.

Marv came in mid-season '86 to right a listing ship and finished 2-5, then went 7-8 in '87, then 12-4 in '88 (and one Ronnie Harmon dropped pass of a Superbowl bid).

The ship is listing again - bring back Marv.

530143[/snapback]

The Ronnie Harnon drop was in a wildcard game and it is doubtful in 1989 (when the Bills were 9-7) that we would have gone to the SuperBowl that year. Denver was 12-4 and why would anyone have wanted to play the 49ers that year is beyond me. I doubt the Bills would have much better than Denver's 56-10 loss.

Personally, I believe a coach needs 3 years to be fairly judged.  The 1st year is a pass because he might not have all his players.  The 2nd year there should be an improvement and the 3rd year you can have a clear indictation of whether they can coach or not.  With MM, I really like the wayhe rallied the team last year.  However, the dropoff this year is startling.  Add to the fact the Moulds and Adams situation, I think he should be gone.  And the fact that he admits he is calling the plays, only reaffirms he should be fired.  If he didn't, then perhaps Clements could have be the scapegoat.  Anyhow, is there anyone who think MM should be back?  I would like to hear you opinion.  Plus, can someone explain to me why you give a coach a 5 year deal who has never coached before (another bad move).  You give him 3 tops.  Where they really that worried about him leaving?  Man, losing is frustrating.  :D

530111[/snapback]

I vote in favor of keeping him.

Personally, I believe a coach needs 3 years to be fairly judged.  The 1st year is a pass because he might not have all his players.  The 2nd year there should be an improvement and the 3rd year you can have a clear indictation of whether they can coach or not.  With MM, I really like the wayhe rallied the team last year.  However, the dropoff this year is startling.  Add to the fact the Moulds and Adams situation, I think he should be gone.  And the fact that he admits he is calling the plays, only reaffirms he should be fired.  If he didn't, then perhaps Clements could have be the scapegoat.  Anyhow, is there anyone who think MM should be back?  I would like to hear you opinion.  Plus, can someone explain to me why you give a coach a 5 year deal who has never coached before (another bad move).  You give him 3 tops.  Where they really that worried about him leaving?  Man, losing is frustrating.  :D

530111[/snapback]

Don't need 3 years to know you have the wrong coach when the wheels have come off like this season. MM basically has made all the wrong moves. Granted, he's restricted by the idiot he's working for. For my money, the long term contract was collusion between the GM and Mularkey and inappropriate to say the least.