Hypothetical ? New regime in Buffalo. Top 5 Pick..

KOKBILLS

Oh yeah, instead of Ferguson, I'd like to see the Bills get Haloti Ngata or Mario Williams. I'd even be happy with Gabe Watson at the end of the 1st.

But I suspect TD (if he is still around for the draft) would take Eric Winston.

The Browns-Bengals game was on 2 screens down from the Bills game at my sports bar. Now, I don't follow the Browns at all, and I don't know who their OC is, but they looked to be running an NFL-caliber offense... unlike the Bills. 0:) If the Browns can install a system that gives Charlie Frye  ;)  a chance to compete, I have to believe a real NFL OC can do the same for J.P.

First things first, get rid of MM & TC, and bring in a real NFL OC.

529121[/snapback]

The Browns did what the B'gals did a few years ago...ringed the clubhouse with TNT and pushed the plunger.

Only 20 members of the Browns are left over from their '04 club.

HC Crennel continues to impress me. He and his staff called a darn good defensive game on Sunday, emphasizing on stopping the pass - it worked. Fortunately for CIN, they correctly responded with the run.

CLE's OL looked better than it has for some time.

The fans don't have the patience that is needed for the team to draft a QB in the first round. The very fact that we're discussing other QBs, 9 starts into JP's career, is testament to that. JP played horribly yesterday, but in the 3 previous games the kid has played pretty well for a first year starter and there are still people bitching about him.

Draft a QB EVERY YEAR.  I'm serious.

Just not in the 1st round.

529192[/snapback]

Dead on. Every year, you should draft a QB in the late rounds. Keep the best project QB as your 3rd stringer, because if you need your 3rd stringer to start for any length of time, you're !@#$ anyway.

This years QB gem: Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt

Guest BackInDaDay
Every year, you should draft a QB in the late rounds.

529343[/snapback]

Bingo!

Young should stay in Texas before TD drafts him as a WR. Not kidding.

What is it you don't like about him?

Do you not think that he is the best LT in this draft? Who do you rate higher?

529210[/snapback]

wrong question.

That's what they asked when we drafted Mike Williams. He may have been rated highly only because of the severe lack of talent in that draft.

The question should be whether there any OL which merit a top 5 pick and will be a can't miss LT for many years. If not, trade the pick or consider if there any other elite difference makers available.

wrong question.

That's what they asked when we drafted Mike Williams. He may have been rated highly only because of the severe lack of talent in that draft.

The question should be whether there any OL which merit a top 5 pick and will be a can't miss LT for many years. If not, trade the pick or consider if there any other elite difference makers available.

529490[/snapback]

My point exactly.

I would love to get Quinn, too - but the guy we really need in the 2007 draft is Quinn's Center, John Sullivan! (Hell - while we're at it, let's get Jeff Samardzija, too!!!)

529170[/snapback]

The buzz seems to be that Brady Quinn is the guy the Dolphins will do whatever they have to (maybe trade their #1 and Rickey), to be their "franchise" QB...stay tuned!