Moulds on wgr audio vault

Fans always B word about players having no loyalty...I wonder why.  <_<

526224[/snapback]

I am super loyal. I spend at least $600 per year to come up and see one game. I pay $199 for the NFL Ticket. I got SIRIUS radio for Christmas. I purchase clothes with the logo. I do my part as a fan.

I don't even ask or a winner! I was there at 3-13 and will be there every year until I am physically unable to make the trip, and thankfully, things are looking good in that regard.

I DO request effort. For the love of God, even TD tries! He is (imo) dumb on draft day all too often, but at least he tries to do his job.

EM did not. Imo, his actions hurt the team and Bills fans, and like buftex, I am not overly impressed by his recent comments.

If this stuff sits well with you, go for it; but it certainly doesn't make you a more "loyal" fan than me by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't think it's appropriate for a guy to act wholesome and like part of a team concept, and at the same time trash the coaching staff and, actually, his teammates.  He says he thinks Adams should be playing, which is a public criticism of his coach, and he says something about JP "favoring" Evans....well, Evans seems to get open and catch the ball, and get it into the end zone.  I don't think it's favoring anybody, but hitting the open guy.

He said he told his teammates to play hard and not let this be a distraction.  He's looking a bit "holier than thou," if you ask me.

Well, you didn't ask me, so never mind.

526149[/snapback]

He sounded open and honest. Pretty stand up if you ask me. He did say that JP favors Lee but also said that Lee SHOULD get the ball more.

It's funny how some criticize players for not being open and honest, then bash them when they are.

I am super loyal. I spend at least $600 per year to come up and see one game. I pay $199 for the NFL Ticket. I got SIRIUS radio for Christmas. I purchase clothes with the logo. I do my part as a fan.

I don't even ask or a winner! I was there at 3-13 and will be there every year until I am physically unable to make the trip, and thankfully, things are looking good in that regard.

I DO request effort. For the love of God, even TD tries! He is (imo) dumb on draft day all too often, but at least he tries to do his job.

EM did not. Imo, his actions hurt the team and Bills fans, and like buftex, I am not overly impressed by his recent comments.

If this stuff sits well with you, go for it; but it certainly doesn't make you a more "loyal" fan than me by any stretch of the imagination.

526238[/snapback]

Where in my post did I question your loyalty to the Bills? You're reading something into my post that wasn't there.

Bill,

While your points are well taken, I don't think it's fair to let this one incident cloud your opinion of a player who has given his all to the Bills for the last 10 years. I remember during our 3-13 season RJ threw and interception that was being returned 80 yards for a TD... everyone on the offense gave up on the play except for one player: Eric Moulds, streaking down the field and making the tackle at the 3 yard line. I also remember the classic game against Minnesota where Moulds asked coaches to feed Josh Reed the ball because he was seeing single coverage (Josh had a career game that day). I remember him for those plays, not for one isolated incident on Sunday when nobody really knows what transpired in its entire truth.

I also think Ralph Wilson views it the same way, for which I am thankful.

526238[/snapback]

What I don't get is, if he was suspended because he had not practiced all week, then anyone who is dinged-up and sits out the week, should not play Sunday and not get paid either.

Probable and doubtful should no longer be a medical status for Bill's players. Just In or Out.

You can sense Wilson taking up for Moulds after the meeting, saying Moulds wouldn't be ready to go this week since he had been excused from practices. That's the way I thought he would handle it. He never does anything until the end of the season.

526250[/snapback]

"Moulds wouldn't be ready to go this week since he had been excused from practices." should be irrelevant, he's suspended without pay. Something's up.

What everyone who is praising Moulds for his mature attitude toward this whole thing, seems to be missing, is that nobody, including Moulds himself, is claiming Mularkey's reaction to whatever it was that transpired, was inappropriate.

Moulds knows better than to do that. Of course he doesn't agree with the decision! Would you agree with any decision that involves suspending you without pay???

That said, I think Ralph handled it well. It's pretty obvious he's in Moulds' corner on this one.

What everyone who is praising Moulds for his mature attitude toward this whole thing, seems to be missing, is that nobody, including Moulds himself, is claiming Mularkey's reaction to whatever it was that transpired, was inappropriate.

526264[/snapback]

Moulds knows better than to do that. Of course he doesn't agree with the decision!  Would you agree with any decision that involves suspending you without pay???

That said, I think Ralph handled it well.  It's pretty obvious he's in Moulds' corner on this one.

526269[/snapback]

I guess we interpit it differently. If RW was in completely in Moulds corner, he could suspend him, with pay! It has been done before...I think Moulds has been contrite about the whole thing, because he knows he did something wrong, which is not characteristic of him, and didn't want to make it a bigger issue.

Well that would be a slap in his coach's face. I just got the indication that Ralph was in his corner based on his (and Eric's) comments.

I guess we interpit it differently.  If RW was in completely in Moulds corner, he could suspend him, with pay!  It has been done before...

526273[/snapback]

Well that would be a slap in his coach's face.  I just got the indication that Ralph was in his corner based on his (and Eric's) comments.

526275[/snapback]

Based on EM's comments, I got that RW listened to his complaint, probably said something like "Eric, I know things are a mess right now, I know you are frustrated, but you know, and I know, you can't argue with coaches on the sideline, during the middle of a game". Moulds knows he is in the wrong, and is doing the right thing by taking the suspension with class.

I guess we interpit it differently.  If RW was in completely in Moulds corner, he could suspend him, with pay!  It has been done before...I think Moulds has been contrite about the whole thing, because he knows he did something wrong, which is not characteristic of him, and didn't want to make it a better issue.

526273[/snapback]

I agree, nice post. I also think he knows his position with the team better now. He's keeping his mouth shut for dollar reasons. Thanks for the memories Eric........

Well that would be a slap in his coach's face.  I just got the indication that Ralph was in his corner based on his (and Eric's) comments.

526275[/snapback]

I agree...There has been nothing to come out of the last 24 hours that casts a negative light on Eric except the suspension itself... And they are making that look like almost a technicallity...<_<

I agree...There has been nothing to come out of the last 24 hours that casts a negative light on Eric except the suspension itself... And they are making that look like almost a technicallity...<_<

526285[/snapback]

You see though, that is the way Mularkey was trying to treat it, as a "technicallity". It is the fans, and the media that demanded it be more than that!