In support of Eric Moulds

Razzman

Anyone who feels that Eric Moulds got the raw end of this deal can show support to Moulds by wearing an Eric Moulds jersey, or anything with #80 on it. The security guards can't throw us out for wearing his jersey and this is the perfect way of showing that we're on his side.

Moulds has done his bit throughout the ten years he's been with the team. He's taken pay cuts, has accepted the role of a decoy receiver and has had so many incompetent quarterbacks that he can't count them on two hands. But he has always done whatever the team asked him, and now it is asking him to take a loss of week's paycheck while Bills head coach Mike Mularkey gets a pat on the back and a vote of confidence by the Bills 87-year old owner.

Anyone who feels that Eric Moulds got the raw end of this deal can show support to Moulds by wearing an Eric Moulds jersey, or anything with #80 on it. The security guards can't throw us out for wearing his jersey and this is the perfect way of showing that we're on his side.

Moulds has done his bit throughout the ten years he's been with the team. He's taken pay cuts, has accepted the role of a decoy receiver and has had so many incompetent quarterbacks that he can't count them on two hands. But he has always done whatever the team asked him, and now it is asking him to take a loss of week's paycheck while Bills head coach Mike Mularkey gets a pat on the back and a vote of confidence by the Bills 87-year old owner.

525818[/snapback]

If I was in Buffalo, and I gave a rat's ass about this year's team, I'd buy a Moulds jersey and be with you.

As it is, neither is this case, and Mularkey has given me more reason to despise this team. Outside of Ralph Wilson and a few players, one of which was Moulds, there isn't a single person within the organization on the football side that I wouldn't mind seeing go.

Given all that Moulds has gone through, this is a disgraceful moment for the Bills. Worse than the day that Andre, Bruce and Thurman were waived, because that's a day we all saw coming. But who envisioned Moulds being treated like this by a fourth-rate NFL coach?

I'm not sure what it says when Mularkey has to get permission from Ralph to carry out the suspension, either. It's great that Mularkey doesn't have much of a pot to piss in that he feels he has to ask the Big Boss for directive to pull the trigger, but that Ralph actually gave it to him is a sign as to whose corner he's in.

525818[/snapback]

Believe me - I will be wearing his jersey in FULL SUPPORT for him on Sunday. I'm going to forego my last 45 minutes of pounding down cheap beer in the parking lot to go into the stadium early - buy my $7.50 24 ounce Heineken early (maybe 2) and stand in the front row with a sign (Haven't decided what it will say yet) supporting Moulds and dissing Donahoe and Mularkey. I've had it with them.

Believe me - I will be wearing his jersey in FULL SUPPORT for him on Sunday. I'm going to forego my last 45 minutes of pounding down cheap beer in the parking lot to go into the stadium early - buy my $7.50 24 ounce Heineken early (maybe 2) and stand in the front row with a sign (Haven't decided what it will say yet) supporting Moulds and dissing Donahoe and Mularkey. I've had it with them.

525842[/snapback]

I've had time to review this situation a little more, and tried to understand Ralph Wilson's role in this. He was between a rock and a hard place and tried to make a decision that would not be too harsh on either of the two sides. While I still think that Mularkey should be fired, if not now, at year's end, Wilson tried to defuse a very explosive situation and probably accomplished that.

With all that being said, I still support Moulds in all he's done here these past 10 years and think that Mularkey could have handled the situation a lot more professionally.

Does anyone know what he did? The fact moulds is not out there saying he was wronged, and the fact that there has been no appeal (to my knowledge) by the NFLPA, I have to think there is something credible behind this suspension...

Dont get me wrong, i love the guy and everything he has done for the bills, but there has to be something here

Even with the egos on the teams of the early 90's you didn't see the circus, chaotic environment that you do now. Once they started bickering Marv would talk with them, fine them and they would go out and play. $10,000 is a lot even to these guys. Fine them, give the money to charity and keep it in house. Mularkey is running a circus. He could completely lose this team if they lose badly tomorrow.

Sure, I'll go out and support a guy who won't listen to his coach, undermines his QBs, beats women, and doesn't pay child support until he's facing jail time.

Oh wait: he's been a good receiver. Sign me up.

527066[/snapback]

Before you post slanderous stuff, show a link to your information. Im sure you have heard it somewhere but without a backup source you have zero credibility at all. I personally dojnt remember him 'beating' any women ... you also have to remember that people are going to make allegations against NFL players to simply win lawsuits - not people they are the truth. The child support thing I mayhave heard about - not really sure though. I did a google search for both of them and found nothing (which is kinda what you are). Anyhow - Simply said - thats off the field stuff. Your not a true Bills fan if you can not support a person that BLEEDS Red, White and Blue - Eric Moulds.

and BTW: I would'nt listen to a WR's coach who I know more about football than he does ... good job Eric! You did right!

Even with the egos on the teams of the early 90's you didn't see the circus, chaotic environment that you do now.  Once they started bickering Marv would talk with them, fine them and they would go out and play.  $10,000 is a lot even to these guys.  Fine them, give the money to charity and keep it in house.  Mularkey is running a circus.  He could completely lose this team if they lose badly tomorrow.

527075[/snapback]

I couldn't agree with you more. I got Marv Levy's book and he wrote about how he handled the "Bickering Bills." It was tough that one year back in '89 and Ralph Wilson called him to Detroit for a meeting after that season. Marv was worried that he was going to get canned, but instead he and Ralph worked on ways on getting team unity.

Mularkey has yet to attend that course for head coaches Team Unity 101, let alone "How to motivate your team."

Before you post slanderous stuff, show a link to your information. Im sure you have heard it somewhere but without a backup source you have zero credibility at all. I personally dojnt remember him 'beating' any women ... you also have to remember that people are going to make allegations against NFL players to simply win lawsuits - not people they are the truth. The child support thing I mayhave heard about - not really sure though. I did a google search for both of them and found nothing (which is kinda what you are). Anyhow - Simply said - thats off the field stuff. Your not a true Bills fan if you can not support a person that BLEEDS Red, White and Blue - Eric Moulds.

527126[/snapback]

LOL. Change your name to OJ-lover. Or maybe just add this to your sig line "Eff Nicole and Ron--he's a Bills player dang it!" That off the field stuff doesn't matter right? Maybe the Bills should sign Lawrence Phillips up.

Anyways, here's some links to support both your selective memory and remedial Google skills.

child support summary

Shepard said that while Moulds was attending Mississippi State he was ordered to pay $50 a week in child support to his son, provide his income tax returns to Bradley and provide medical and dental insurance to the boy as soon as he was financially able to do so.

"Mrs. Bradley wanted the income tax returns so the amount of child support could be adjusted, since Mr. Moulds was paying the minimum in child support as a student," Shepard said.

But from 1996-1998, years in which Moulds was getting more than $1 million a year from the Bills, he only paid $350 in child support and failed to provide medical insurance or tax returns, Shepard said.

What a guy.

And the break down the door and choke the girlfriend story was only alluded to in there, but here's an excerpt from one link.

Eric Moulds has been charged with harassment of a woman he allegedly poked in the face numerous times and picked up by the neck.... He apparently showed up at her apartment in Buffalo about 3:15 a.m. and pounded the door so fiercely that the wooden frame on the door began to give away. Moulds has been ordered to appear in Buffalo City Court.

He later plead guilty to two charges of harassment.

If you want to see what the Bills fans thought of this circa 1997 when it happened, google "Moulds" and "arrested" in the newsgroups search on Google, and limit the date range to 1997.

Apology accepted. Shove your "slander" accusation, reverse your "no credibility" accusation to apply to you, and have fun at your "I love Eric Moulds" rally.

The bottom line is that Moulds has been one of the best players on this team for years and he's also someone that believes in the Buffalo tradition.

Just last year, Moulds was saying how more people need to respect the uniform (as it is, anyway) - that they should emulate the kind of pride shown by the Levy teams.

Moulds has been a leader with the Buffalo Bills and should be shown from the fans that we respect what he's done.

At first I was simply convinced Mularkey was just trying to show he wouldnt kowtow to Moulds and other vets a la the Holcombe case, but if it is true that EM refused to play then the bills shouldn't pay him another cent, because EM is evidentally nothing but a bush leaguer. My hatred for TD and MM almost made me completely lose sight of how EM handled his relationship with JP and how i saw him in person at the NO game dog it on the INT JP threw. And as was stated above its not like he's a classy individual off the field...and yes that does matter. Screw EM, let him move on to toil in mediocrity somewhere else because hes brought nothing positive to the table this year in helping this team grow around a new QB.