Eric versus Mike

Thailog80

Settle it like men..don't have an 87 year old tennis player mediate...spearing contest at high noon in the practice facility--loser leaves town and retires from their profession...either way it will do wonders for team morale...

Settle it like men..don't have an 87 year old tennis player mediate...spearing contest at high noon in the practice facility--loser leaves town and retires from their profession...either way it will do wonders for team morale...

523365[/snapback]

I believe Sam Adams had the problem first, so he gets the first round with Mularkey. If Mike survives that then Moulds, and/or Mcgahee come next.

I believe Sam Adams had the problem first, so he gets the first round with Mularkey.  If Mike survives that then Moulds, and/or Mcgahee come next.

523368[/snapback]

I think we should set up a bracket....Sam has to get through Jerry Gray; Mularkey and Tom Clements in the coaches bracket; Russ Brandon and Donahoe in the team administration bracket; JP versus Eric in the player bracket.

Donahoe/Brandon winner faces Adams/Gray Winner

JP/Eric Winner faces Mularkey/Clements winner

Prediction--Adams versus Mularkey for the belt...

Jim Kelly, Darryl Talley as special guest referees...

This might be more compelling than Sunday's game....definitely higher revenue potential...

This may end up completely backfiring on MM.  He may be putting nails in his own coffin.

523459[/snapback]

Yep - I bet Ralph is just loving all the national media attention this is causing. His team is looking very much like a circus now - Monty Mularkey's flying circus...

This may end up completely backfiring on MM.  He may be putting nails in his own coffin.

523459[/snapback]

I think this is a VERY good point...Sometimes when things start go bad people get overly defensive and apply the tunnel vision...If MM continues to get in these spats with Vet Players, sooner or later any rational thinker is going to wonder if MM himself is the problem... :D

I think we should set up a bracket....Sam has to get through Jerry Gray; Mularkey and Tom Clements in the coaches bracket; Russ Brandon and Donahoe in the team administration bracket; JP versus Eric in the player bracket.

Donahoe/Brandon winner faces Adams/Gray Winner

JP/Eric Winner faces Mularkey/Clements winner

Prediction--Adams versus Mularkey for the belt...

Jim Kelly, Darryl Talley as special guest referees...

This might be more compelling than Sunday's game....definitely higher revenue potential...

523375[/snapback]

How about a legends bracket? Bruce Smith goes up against Marv Levy,Darryl Talley takes on Bill Polian and Leonard Smith matches up with RW in the first round.

I think this is a VERY good point...Sometimes when things start go bad people get overly defensive and apply the tunnel vision...If MM continues to get in these spats with Vet Players, sooner or later any rational thinker is going to wonder if MM himself is the problem... B-)

523500[/snapback]

I think MM's track record with player interfaces in difficult situations has been okay...the Mike Williams situation in camp last year was handled as well as can be expected and it ended up being the best year of a disappointing career; while I was suspect of the JP benching--he has been a better QB since he was reinserted in the line-up.

Look at the two players in the most current cases:

1) Sam Adams--has had to be kicked in the ass his entire career. He wants to be a gap shooter and the system requires him to be a run stopper. Maybe he and his agent should have thought about that three years ago--but I don't remember a lot of demand for him at that time. He is enormously talented but aging. Last year the benching led him to the pro bowl--this year--another year older--a tough year for the team..its looking a lot like a guy who doesn't fit in the future plans and this probably bothers him greatly....leading to more whining...

2) E Moulds-There is no one on this team that I respect more. He has been through Kelly, Collins, AVP, Flutie, RJ, Drew, Holcomb, Billy Jo Holbert, JP--9 QB's in 10 years..without a doubt this has hurt his stats--but not his earning potential. He is still performing at a high level but has lost some of the ability to separate and beat the double. He can take one of two paths--be the elder statesman and cede #1 status to the new generation of receivers on the Bills or force a cut and try to be a #1 somewhere else...right now he is in that transition and players do not normally handle that transition well...MM is basically taking a hardline because of what he has seen regarding Eric's effort or how he interprets Eric's effort. I think from MM's perspective--its a lot more damaging to the team to let someone get away with less than maximum output than to confront it. If he allows laziness on the field--it sends a stronger message of mediocrity than the negatives of confronting Eric.

Bottom line: I think too much is being made regarding the impact these two situations could have on MM's future employment status. His employment status will be determined by the quality of the effort and the results of these next four games and the other 56 guys on the team could care little about 2 aging vets on the downside of their careers who are collecting millions but feel they are being shafted and putting out less than maximum effort because of it.

How about a legends bracket? Bruce Smith goes up against Marv Levy,Darryl Talley takes on Bill Polian and Leonard Smith matches up with RW in the first round.

523537[/snapback]

You are really Vince McMahon -- aren't you Tigre??? :D No if you were Vince--the legends would be mixed into the regular brakcet--and 60 year old men would be beating the pants off of 20 year old studs--like that could really happen... B-):doh: