The new WGR rant

Adam

:D

No... All others.  Even if TD acts out of line, let it go.  Let him show his true colors.

"You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar."

Let TD be TD... In time people like that burn their own bridges.

523167[/snapback]

I think the reactions of Donahoe himself will be what people remember. His end of 2003 rant was really humiliating....for Donahoe. Showed to me a guy out of his element, and I don't believe Ralph will put up with another outburst.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see if WGR puts their money where their mouth is. While they imply to their listeners that they should "send a message by not going to the game", they themselves will be parked right there on Abbott- using the Bills to satisfy their goal of getting ratings.

Everyone knows they are trying to improve their tiny ratings.

The best way is to "blow up" a topic that means something to people here. Talk about the Bills. Otherwise, why wouldn't they spend time covering the Sabres- the team they actually CARRY?

WGR should hawk more of those restaurant "two for one" certificates. They are more qualified to talk about the pasta and meatballs at Chefs.

The question is- why do you care- he's the freaking GM! Why do fans care what the GM says- the media is there to play things, and make you angry- and they get rich off it!

523068[/snapback]

The media doesn't make me angry. TD and MM do. :D

You want TD to think that you are "dreamy?"  :D

523201[/snapback]

Umm.. yeah, that's kind of the way I read it as well.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I suppose.....

The question is- why do you care- he's the freaking GM! Why do fans care what the GM says- the media is there to play things, and make you angry- and they get rich off it!

523068[/snapback]

He isn't just the GM, he is the President of the team. He is the face of the team, the person ultimately responsible for everything that happens with this team from personell moves to the type of TP used in the crapper. THAT is why folks care what he says.

You have the right to say what you want. But in a civil society, rules of politeness and manners ought to apply. That doesn't mean you have to kiss TD's rear. You can criticze his job performance, but you don't have the right to insult the man personally.

But do we still live in a civil society?

PTR

They are just so supportive of the guy who called the DOnahoe show. Donahoe WAS NOT wrong for what he said. Some fans think they are entitled to say whatever they want, to whomever they want, whenever they want.

To those people who believe that, sorry to burst the bubble that has been put around you since you were allowed to watch too much TV instead of doing productive things as a child- Life is cruel- you can't attack a person like that, and tekk them you hope they lose their job, especially publicly, and not expect retribution.

The guy that called should have been called worse than a jerk- personally, I think he's a coward, and completely gutless. Probably not even a Bills fan.

And ALL the people at WGR fit in that mold as well- sorry Brad, we hate your guts, and hope you lose your job, not Tom Donahoe.

523017[/snapback]

Replace "we" with "I" in your last sentence, and you have the makings of a pretty good post. Donahoe is a below average GM, and deserves to be fired in a month. Nevertheless, I'd wish Bills fans would try to show more class. If you want TD fired like I do, insulting him directly to his face won't have any effect on this. He's digging his own grave as is :D .

Adam,

TD has had five years and in today's NFL that is an eternity. WGR (spec. Mike and the Bulldog) did not condone the call made, but did say it was the fan's right to wonder aloud whether TD should step down immediately.

As far as TD and his job security. Barely making the playoff used to be unacceptable for this franchise - now people would beg for that. This franchise was once a place where free agents hoped to come, not a place they avoided like the plague. I liken these five years to the presidency of George W. Bush - the damage is uncalcuable and our standing in the NFL has declined sharply. Wilson needs to find to make a good hire at the top (GM) and bring an established football mind to turn things around (i.e. see Marv Levy and Chuck Knox).

As has been said before, Adam take out the rose-colored glass and wake up! :D