sabres up 4-1 over colorado after 1st period

rolly

So, is it better to lose 0-5 at home to a team with a 10 game losing streak, or lose by a point on the road after dominating most of the game?  I don't know, I'm just asking.

520457[/snapback]

I'd prefer the first. You can blame it on bad fish the night before. The latter means they ran out of gas.

Was it just me, or was that just about the worst home-job you've ever seen in a hockey game? Until that last penalty on the avs, the sabres had only had 1 55 second power play in the entire game...and the avs had i think 6 or 7 power plays. There was a questionable penalty shot called that the avs tied the game on, and a goal called off on the sabres, saying Drury threw it into the net with his hand....but it hit the goalie before it went into the net, so i think it should have been a goal (not sure on the rule there).

Also, the thing that got me really pissed was the sabres were killing a penalty with about 7 minutes left in the game, and Derek Roy skated down into the Avs corner to try and hold the puck, and he was mugged, pushed, and held by _3_ avs players while the puck sat in the corner and waited for the 4th av player to pick it up. If that is not interference, then I don't know what is....

But anyway, we pulled it out in the end, because they couldn't not call that last penalty on the avs, and our power play is sweet, so great win by Buffalo.

So, is it better to lose 0-5 at home to a team with a 10 game losing streak, or lose by a point on the road after dominating most of the game?  I don't know, I'm just asking.

520457[/snapback]

Considering that 5-0 loss was the only loss in the last 10 games or so, I think we can cut them a little slack. <_<

Gee, tough crowd! Especially considering how low our standards are for the freakin' Bills!

PTR

Considering that 5-0 loss was the only loss in the last 10 games or so, I think we can cut them a little slack.  <_<

Gee, tough crowd!  Especially considering how low our standards are for the freakin' Bills!

PTR

520477[/snapback]

No sh--- man do people love to B word around here! "Williams sucks-TD sucks- Berman sucks-Rolling Stones suck.................." !@#$ing unreal!

520457[/snapback]

You forgot to mention that the team with the 10 game losing streak just engaged in a major trade (SJ-BOS)... They were bound to snap out of their (SJ) funk and BUF (winning streak) lay a stinker. Which that stinker could be attributed to Noronen who may of broke up Buffalo's rhythm that night.

Like McJeff said... I would prefer to take the first. Or maybe the Sabres heard about bad fish early on Sunday?

Considering that 5-0 loss was the only loss in the last 10 games or so, I think we can cut them a little slack.  <_<

Gee, tough crowd!  Especially considering how low our standards are for the freakin' Bills!

PTR

520477[/snapback]

Right on!

10 games is 1/8 of the season. Almost as hard as the Bills going on a 2 game win streak (which is almost impossible!).

Go Sabres!

You forgot to mention that the team with the 10 game losing streak just engaged in a major trade (SJ-BOS)... They were bound to snap out of their (SJ) funk and BUF (winning streak) lay a stinker.  Which that stinker could be attributed to Noronen who may of broke up Buffalo's rhythm that night.

Like McJeff said... I would prefer to take the first.  Or maybe the Sabres heard about bad fish early on Sunday?

520482[/snapback]

Oh don't think for a second I typed that by coincidence. <_<

The Sabres almost pulled a Bills act...up 4-1...let the Avs storm back to tie 4-4...BUT...Sabres pull it out on a power play goal with a little over two minutes to go and add an empty netter. Thanks for avoiding two nightmare Buffalo finishes on Sunday. Good job, Swordsmen! :(