My dad, lifelong Bills fan

stevestojan

My dad will refuse to say that anything is Bledsoe's fault. Its all "if he had time, he could do well. Any quarterback with time can complete passes" ... there is so much wrong with that its sick

1st, Brady's offensive line IS NOT THAT GOOD. He makes them look good because he CAN FEEL PRESSURE and react. Or step up in a make-shift pocket.

Today, even when bledsoe DID have time, he threw at receivers feet or not even close to them.

I do remember when the idea of Bledsoe coming to Buffalo was new. It was exciting for all of us, and many people thought "there's no way Bledsoe will come here, no way TD can do it" ... we were excited when he came, and he has so far played SIX good games - his frist six. Since then, !@#$ING NOTHING!...

There comes a time when even the Bledsoe BAckers have to realize that he is done - over the hill, lost it.

I am not blaming this loss single handedly on him, but man, I am SOOOO sick of the excuses for him i could puke.

Damn I wish JP hadnt broken that leg. Could you imagine a QB with some pocket presense and the ability to move when pressure is coming???

Today, even when bledsoe DID have time, he threw at receivers feet or not even close to them.

37419[/snapback]

Either that or he'd just sit in the pocket and wait...and wait...and wait...and keep on waiting for a defensive player to knock him down. My unofficial tally is that at least 3 of the sacks today were DB not getting rid of the ball when he should have.

My dad will refuse to say that anything is Bledsoe's fault. Its all "if he had time, he could do well. Any quarterback with time can complete passes" ... there is so much wrong with that its sick

1st, Brady's offensive line IS NOT THAT GOOD. He makes them look good because he CAN FEEL PRESSURE and react. Or step up in a make-shift pocket.

I do remember when the idea of Bledsoe coming to Buffalo was new. It was exciting for all of us, and many people thought "there's no way Bledsoe will come here, no way TD can do it" ... we were excited when he came, and he has so far played SIX good games - his frist six. Since then, !@#$ING NOTHING!...

There comes a time when even the Bledsoe BAckers have to realize that he is done - over the hill, lost it.

I am not blaming this loss single handedly on him, but man, I am SOOOO sick of the excuses for him i could puke.

Damn I wish JP hadnt broken that leg. Could you imagine a QB with some pocket presense and the ability to move when pressure is coming???

37419[/snapback]

BS.  Brady's line is VERY good.  He get's an eternity back there to throw and today this RB got 140 yards.    You think maybe we could have made up the difference of 3 points this week or last with a running back that runs for 140?

Instead we average 2.7 yards per rushing play.

Listen to your Dad he knows what he's talking about.

From the D&C:

F Offensive line: There was no question the Raiders were going to blitz, but still it seemed like the line wasn't ready for it. Bledsoe was hurried on probably three-fourths of his attempts. In the running game, Ted Washington and Warren Sapp were tough to handle, but still the so-called smash-mouth Bills gained only 67 yards. The greatest failure came on fourth-and-goal from the 1 on the first play of the fourth quarter. No push, no touchdown. Losing Chris Villarrial hurt, but really, it didn't make much difference.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...309/1007/SPORTS

But you're right, it's not the OL at all. I bet Brady would go 16-0 with our OL (the same OL that can't get half a yard for a TD). :D

I don't even want to count how many drops there were. But the whole anti-Drew crowd (which seems to be 98% of Bills fans this week) seems to blame each and every one of the drops on DB ("He didn't hit him between the numbers, and when he did, he threw the ball too hard, and when the ball wasn't thrown too hard, he had a funny spin on the ball so that it's hard to catch.") Sorry, not buying it. Anyone see Moulds' TD catch? Anyone see Moulds drop 2-3 balls that were WAY easier to catch than the TD? If it hits you in the hands, you're supposed to catch it.

DB hasn't been lighting up the world, but he's played well enough to win the first two games (people saying "5 or 6 of the sacks were DBs fault" apparantly didn't watch the same game that was played yesterday).

CW

million dollar arm with a 10 cent head.  Hell give me the 10 seconds pass protection that Drew requires and I will throw some TDs.

37436[/snapback]

wasn't that the case with Ebby Calvin LaLoosh from Bull Durham?? :D

JP breaking his leg was a blessing in disguise. You and every Bledsoe dissenter and doubter (add me to that list, now) would be screaming in vain for JP to come in off the bench to no avail. You think it's frustrating now? Imagine how you'd feel with a healthy JP and the GM/coaching staff unwilling to pull the trigger.

I figure they just saved you a ton on blood pressure meds. :D

I can't say too much with confidence as I had to listen to the game on the radio and couldn't actually see it but here's my two cents from what I heard. Yes, Bledsoe holds the ball too long sometimes. Yes, he isn't very mobile. Yes, he had NUMEROUS good passes dropped yesterday! Travis Henry played like stevestojan. Our offensive line sucks. How can you not make one yard for a touchdown? Spread the field to give a crease or play action pass. Reese got completely made a fool of on the pump fake. You never let a receiver get past you especially on a 3 and forever play. Damn! Being a Bills fan right now is more stressful than being deployed to a combat zone. I know, I've been there. It'sl like getting kicked in the nuts every week. If the Yankees wouldn't have spanked the stevestojan out of the Red Sox the last two days I'd be losing it right now. GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES BILLS AND GIVE US SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT. Take the week off to clear your heads and work a good gameplan for NE. GO BILLS!!!

The receivers not getting good seperation was DB's fault too?

37919[/snapback]

And you know this how? Were you at the game? Cuz you sure as heck couldn't tell this from watching the same game on TV that I did. The problem... DB needs his receivers to get 4-5 feet of seperation before he is willing to pull the trigger. He sits and waits, and waits, and waits... No, nothings changed. If his #1 target is not available, he can't make the play. Why, because he needs the receiver to get wide open to complete a throw. He is simply not accurate enough to make the tight throws into coverage.

Yes, I have been a DB backer... But no more. It is my humble opinion that much of this game was indeed HIS FAULT. :D

USMC is right--I also had to listen to the radio so I did not see the game. The Bills again shoot themselves in the foot time and time again. Two holding penalties on special teams for over 150 yards KILLS you!! Also taking away a first down by Tucker's holding penalty kills you. Bledsoe underthrowing and overthrowing people kills you. J Reed dropping two passes kills you.

Bledsoe is 14-20 since joining the Buffalo Bills.

We have scored TWO offensive touchdowns in two games.

We have not had ONE sustained drive that has resulted in a TD.

Bledsoe has been sacked 9 TIMES in two games.

Even when Bledsoe had an open man OR time, he either couldn't control his throws. (see the pass to Josh Reed late in the game) Reed was WIDE OPEN and he threw it about 3 feet over his head.

Bledsoe is A CANCER for the Bills franchise. NOT a damn thing has changed since last year. NOT one. And that's why we have the same record as the Arizona Cardinals and the Houston Texans.

And you know this how?  Were you at the game?  Cuz you sure as heck couldn't tell this from watching the same game on TV that I did.  The problem... DB needs his receivers to get 4-5 feet of seperation before he is willing to pull the trigger.  He sits and waits, and waits, and waits... No, nothings changed.  If his #1 target is not available, he can't make the play.  Why, because he needs the receiver to get wide open to complete a throw.  He is simply not accurate enough to make the tight throws into coverage. 

Yes, I have been a DB backer... But no more.  It is my humble opinion that much of this game was indeed HIS FAULT.    :D

37936[/snapback]

Seems we did watch different games then. Did your game have Henry consistently losing his footing? Did your game have several costly penalties on Offense and Special Teams? Did your game have the drops by Moulds, Campbell, and Henry? Did your game show the ball going through Henry's hands causing an interception? Did your game have the announcers saying that Henry should have caught the ball? Did your game show any instant replays?

DB was far from perfect, but hanging the blame for the loss on him is nothing short of a display of ignorance IMO. Don't get your panties in a bunch, it's week 2.