Coaching Was Brain Dead After 1st Quarter

Mark VI

We need more talent, little doubt. But that was the worst Coaching job I've seen since Hank Bullough wrecked the team and the english language in the mid 80's.

You put your players in position to win by calling intelligent plays/defensive formations with the lead, especially a large lead. Another game given away. I hope the press just drills them unmercifully.

I could care that MM still has 3 years left on his contract. He's in WAAAAAAAAY over his head.

We need more talent, little doubt. But that was the worst Coaching job I've seen since Hank Bullough wrecked the team and the english language in the mid 80's.

You put your players in position to win by calling intelligent plays/defensive formations with the lead, especially a large lead. Another game given away. I hope the press just drills them unmercifully.

I could care that MM still has 3 years left on his contract.  He's in WAAAAAAAAY over his head.

519361[/snapback]

Do they gameplan for 12 minutes and then coach by the seat of their pants the rest of the way?

Well...at least I'm happy that there seems to be a consensus on what I witnessed today...

This was a All Timer Folks...This MUST cost MM his Job...Time to blow the whole freaking thing up and try again...A message needs to be sent here...Lose like this to The Fish, and lose your Job...period...end of story...

Well...at least I'm happy that there seems to be a consensus on what I witnessed today...

This was a All Timer Folks...This MUST cost MM his Job...Time to blow the whole freaking thing up and try again...A message needs to be sent here...Lose like this to The Fish, and lose your Job...period...end of story...

519440[/snapback]

If we continue to lose I have a feeling we'll be seeing a whole new staff here next year.

Do they gameplan for 12 minutes and then coach by the seat of their pants the rest of the way?

519409[/snapback]

That series where Losman throws that INT called for a run. If we fail, chip shot FG and we probably win.

The DB's playing a mile off...and on..and on..and on..

I could care that MM still has 3 years left on his contract.  He's in WAAAAAAAAY over his head.

519361[/snapback]

No kidding... 1st and goal at the two midway thorugh the 3rd quarter, Bills up 23-3. FG makes it likely a 4 possession game. So run three times, get a TD, it's over. If you don't, kick the FG, it's over. But Nooooooooooooooooo, let's throw and risk a pick--nice.

Then Schobel makes a beautiful pick with 2 minutes left. Defense is reeling but we got the ball, we got the lead still, one first down and we win. What does MM do? Curls up into a fetal position and runs 3 times-- even on third and 10. Now's the time to throw A-ho*&, not on 1st and two on the goal line.

I live in Maryland. I have two club seats to support this team. I cannot, and will not watch this anymore. It's is f%$#@!* nuts to waste time like this. I'd rather get my tooth drilled each Sunday than do something like this over and over and over and over. Since the pre-Kelly era, this is just the worst, the absolute worst... Bye

This is such an unforgivable loss, with that lead.

519630[/snapback]

It really is. I am quite forgiving of this team because I love the Bills. But it is just embarassing to root for a team that lacks talent, and lacks guts, heart and brains. I have never been so sick of being a fan of this team, it's worse than 1985 in a lot of ways...CD

519361[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but I am starting to agree more and more every week....to think, going into this season, I thought we had a great coaching staff....what a difference a season makes... :(

That series where Losman throws that INT called for a run. If we fail, chip shot FG and we probably win.

519497[/snapback]

Braindead doesn't half describe it. There has to be a conspiracy of extreme stupidity at work here. Ralph could randomly select his next GM and coaches and get a better product. Not running the ball 3 times from 1st and goal on the 4 shows that Mularkey has not learned a thing since first game last year. He may think that he's clever but he's just plain dumb and about 20 IQ points short of being a successful NFL HC, from what I see.

519361[/snapback]

519497[/snapback]

You pretty much summed it up for me. I'm always hoping for the best, as the "Customer member title" under my avatar suggests, but that fugging play call on the four yard line...on FIRST DOWN...up 23-3! Jeezuz H! I about hit the ceiling!!! You roll ten yards back and throw an off-balance pass??? Sure JP is to blame for that boneheaded mistake but who called the play in the first place????? I'm sure Losman didn't check out of a run...didn't Mularkey take over the play calling from Clements because of lousy results in the past and that's the best he can come up with in that situation?! Run three freakin' times if you have to...I'll take a FG in that spot. That play totally shifts the momentum...a score there and you break their backs, game over. Every GD week they have to "out cute" themselves with some insane play call that costs them. I'm not a sky is falling kind of guy but that play brought to the forefront all of the frustration and anguish that is this season...I was calling for Ralph to dismiss the whole staff tomorrow I was so pissed. I'm still pissed but it's just a game and a game that I have no control over...nonetheless, it's still disgusting and this year has left me emotionally drained on Sunday afternoons. Rant over...peace.

Braindead doesn't half describe it.  There has to be a conspiracy of extreme stupidity at work here.  Ralph could randomly select his next GM and coaches and get a better product.  Not running the ball 3 times from 1st and goal on the 4 shows that Mularkey has not learned a thing since first game last year.  He may think that he's clever but he's just plain dumb and about 20 IQ points short of being a successful NFL HC, from what I see.

520499[/snapback]

Agreed...The 1st and Goal Play Call was a monumental brain fart...It really was, and you have to understand Game Management to fully appreciate how bad the Coaching was there...In that position, with 19 minutes left in the Game, you HAVE to be playing for the the FG minimum...it's simple math...A FG gives you a 23 Point Lead, in order to Win the Fish would have to score 3 TD's and add 3 two-point conversions...And if they miss a single two point conversion, they need an extra drive and a FG...The 3 points in that situation could not have been more important...

In MM's Press Conference after the Game he said JP should have thrown the Ball better or thrown it away to give them a chance at another Down...Really Mike...no kidding? I wonder if anyone told JP that BEFORE the Play Call... Or better yet, how about not putting the Pressure on JP there? After all, remember MM is the HC of this Team, so he HAS to know the Bills have had protection problems this year...right? Let's face it the Bills take a chance every time a Pass Play is called... How about when you REALLY need a FG to put the Game away you hand the freaking Ball off to Willis 3 times and take your chances that he finds a crack while all but assuring the FG...Like they say, 3 things can happen on a forward Pass and 2 of them are bad...Well, one of the two bad things was REAL bad for the Bills today and proved to be the difference...

Good HC's put their Players in situations that assure success...MM is not a good HC, he's not even average...And he must go...hopefully he takes Gray with him... :(

No kidding... 1st and goal at the two midway thorugh the 3rd quarter, Bills up 23-3.  FG makes it likely a 4 possession game.  So run three times, get a TD, it's over.  If you don't, kick the FG, it's over.  But Nooooooooooooooooo, let's throw and risk a pick--nice.

Then Schobel makes a beautiful pick with 2 minutes left.  Defense is reeling but we got the ball, we got the lead still, one first down and we win.  What does MM do?  Curls up into a fetal position and runs 3 times-- even on third and 10.  Now's the time to throw A-ho*&, not on 1st and two on the goal line.

I live in Maryland.  I have two club seats to support this team.  I cannot, and will not watch this anymore.  It's is f%$#@!*  nuts to waste time like this.  I'd rather get my tooth drilled each Sunday than do something like this over and over and over and over.  Since the pre-Kelly era, this is just the worst, the absolute worst... Bye

519568[/snapback]

I feel your pain and frustration. How many on this board thought it was all over when Schoebel made that amazing INT?

This game today was more than just a blown loss, it was a defining moment of where this team is, and what the future could be.

I honestly thought that this team would be a playoff contender this year.

What happened?

Ever since the last Super Bowl appearance there have been highs and lows with the Bills, but the Bills would still be in the thick of the race even if they came up short.

Look at the mid-to-late 90's: We would get some exciting players via free agency: Ted Washington, Bryce Paup, Bill Brooks, Chris Spielman, & Quinn Early. We had drafted players who would be big contributors: Ruben Brown, Eric Moulds, Jay Riemersma, John Holocek, & Damien Covington.

After the playoff loss to the Jaguars, and the end of the Kelly-Levy era, it seemed like it would be a long time until the Bills would be contenders again.

When the Todd Collins experiment failed, along came Doug Flutie & Rob Johnson. While the war between these 2 QB's would divide the fans and the team, the Bills were winning again. Unfortunately Flutie was at the twilight of his career and would not be able to lead the Bills to the promised land.

When Rob Johnson finally inherited the Bills, it would come during the 2001 season, Tom Donahoe's first year. A season that most Bills fans new was a rebuilding year. At the end Johnson had worn out his welcome.

In 2002 Donahoe began to clean house. Out were Phil Hansen, John Holocek, Jay Riemersma, Henry Jones, & Rob Johnson. In were Drew Bledsoe, Aaron Schoebel, Travis Henry, & London Fletcher. Bledsoe brought excitement too the team and appeared to had found a rebirth. It seemed like a matter of time that the Bills would be back in the playoffs again.

More exciting players joined the team, Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, Takeo Spikes, Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Terrence McGee, & J.P. Losman.

Even though Bledsoe and the offense would struggle, the Bills came within one game of reaching the playoffs in 2004.

Now here we are. A team with a good mix of young and veteran players. Today the Bills lost a game they had no business losing at all.

This team looks confused, and I have to admit that I am just as confused too.

Where do the Bills go from this point?

Is someone going to be fired? Do the Bills even try to win these next few games? Do we go back to the drawing board, and start all over again? Do we try to keep this team intact? Is the future a year away or 3 years away?

I just don't know what the next move is.

519409[/snapback]

IMO, I don't really think that is it. They prepare well before the game and tend to do well the first drive or so. It is just that the other team adjusts to it. I don't think that the Bills' brain trust knows how to adjust back.

A serious, very SERIOUS disadvantage. Like someone else said, they are over their heads.

??

Braindead doesn't half describe it.  There has to be a conspiracy of extreme stupidity at work here.  Ralph could randomly select his next GM and coaches and get a better product.  Not running the ball 3 times from 1st and goal on the 4 shows that Mularkey has not learned a thing since first game last year.  He may think that he's clever but he's just plain dumb and about 20 IQ points short of being a successful NFL HC, from what I see.

520499[/snapback]

Having a Rookie smurf WR throwing passes up 20, instead of running. Real cute.

Prevent D against a 3rd string QB. :(

The players have no clue how to finish, due to the shortcomings of this coaching staff.

I feel your pain and frustration. How many on this board thought it was all over when Schoebel made that amazing INT?

520529[/snapback]

Actually I thought the INT was a nice play but I didn't think it was a game-ender, because our sluggish offense still needed a first down, and I knew Miami would move the ball if they got it back. But I never would've dreamed they'd call a run on 3rd and 9 or 10 when a first down would win the game. I was a fan of this coaching staff for quite a while, but outside of Bobby April and maybe Sam Wyche I wouldn't mind seeing them gone tomorrow.