An observation

Thirdborn

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Republican Party is imploding. 

The vast majority of posts here drip with venom aimed at liberals.

seems like theres a huge disconnect here.

Just an observation.

and..............commence the flaming.

516189[/snapback]

Shidd - you have to hang around long enough to get flamed at, boss.

What the hell happened to our country?  Maybe I've just been naive. Not to worry BiB ....... I'm flame retardant.   

Damn it!    Mario help us all :doh:

516247[/snapback]

I am a firm believer that the demise of our country started with the whole Camelot bullshut. People I believe misheard Kennedy and based on Kennedys own actions and the actions of his family, felt that the country is supposed to do everything for them. Until that point, people tended to be more self relient, and Darwinism was strong to weed out the weak.

I don't think our country is in "demise". We are being misled at present by getting into a war we shouldn't be in and can't win. We've done it before in democratic and republican administrations in the Phillipines, in Vietnam and now in Iraq. We'll hang on, lots of American soldiers will continue to be killed and wounded until we realize that Irag will be run by Iraqis and we will get out...maybe sooner, maybe later. Hopefully we will learn for a while to not be engaged in foreign entanglements that we cannot win (thanks for the advice, George Washington.) I think our government needs an overhaul and a cleaning out...and the American people will get it eventually.

I am a firm believer that the demise of our country started with the whole Camelot bullshut.  People I believe misheard Kennedy and based on Kennedys own actions and the actions of his family, felt that the country is supposed to do everything for them.  Until that point, people tended to be more self relient, and Darwinism was strong to weed out the weak.

516265[/snapback]

You're one administration off.

I am a firm believer that the demise of our country started with the whole Camelot bullshut.  People I believe misheard Kennedy and based on Kennedys own actions and the actions of his family, felt that the country is supposed to do everything for them.  Until that point, people tended to be more self relient, and Darwinism was strong to weed out the weak.

516265[/snapback]

The trouble started with that retro-liberal George Washington and that crap about a government by the people and for the people. By? For??? Ha! The whole idea of government is the problem!

I don't think our country is in "demise".  We are being misled at present by getting into a war we shouldn't be in and can't win.  We've done it before in democratic and republican administrations in the Phillipines, in Vietnam and now in Iraq. We'll hang on, lots of American soldiers will continue to be killed and wounded until we realize that Irag will be run by Iraqis and we will get out...maybe sooner, maybe later.  Hopefully we will learn for a while to not be engaged in foreign entanglements that we cannot win (thanks for the advice, George Washington.) I think our government needs an overhaul and a cleaning out...and the American people will get it eventually.

516277[/snapback]

It's much bigger than just "getting into a war". Hell if anything the war may be buying us time...

It's much bigger than just "getting into a war". Hell if anything the war may be buying us time...

516336[/snapback]

Time?????????? Time for what????????? Are you really saying we're tying up our military might in a third world hellhole and spending American lives to buy us some time????????

Time?????????? Time for what????????? Are you really saying we're tying up our military might in a third world hellhole and spending American lives to buy us some time????????

516344[/snapback]

I am of the opinion that taking the fight to them has depleted the terrorists of resources and leadership and that the injection of democracy, doomed to failure it may or may not be, will prove to be beneficial in the long run. The lives lost over there, while tragic and worthy of our respect, are of a number so small when compared to our population of around 300 million that they become an acceptable statistic in our role as "global cop".

And yes, I think it's just buying us some time...

The dems are imploding. Republicans come up with ideas, the dems can only say "Bush bad", an d come up with NO ideas of their own. A sensible dem like Liberman can't get the time of day from radicals like Dean. Yeaghhhh!!!

The dems are imploding.  Republicans come up with ideas, the dems can only say "Bush bad", an d come up with NO ideas of their own. A sensible dem like Liberman can't get the time of day from radicals like Dean. Yeaghhhh!!!

516365[/snapback]

Wait a second, for the record, you believe there are sensible Democrats? And I was starting to think that you tilted slightly to the right. :doh:

The Republican Party is imploding. 

The vast majority of posts here drip with venom aimed at liberals.

seems like theres a huge disconnect here.

Just an observation.

and..............commence the flaming.

516189[/snapback]

Well, they haven't caught Bin Laden and the insurgency in Iraq goes on and on and on to the point that even republicans are not buying the administration view anymore. Add in the budgetary lunacy and corruption charges and you are left with one cranky, frustrated party. Maybe if they attack democrats enough it will all go away. Who knows, maybe if Ann Coulter's next "Kill all the liberals" book makes the best seller list, the Iraq war will end. Its like the guy who gets beat up at work and goes home and yells at the kids. "Displacement" I think the shrinks call it.

Well, they haven't caught Bin Laden and the insurgency in Iraq goes on and on and on to the point that even republicans are not buying the administration view anymore.  Add in the budgetary lunacy and corruption charges and you are left with one cranky, frustrated party.  Maybe if they attack democrats enough it will all go away.  Who knows, maybe if Ann Coulter's next "Kill all the liberals" book makes the best seller list, the Iraq war will end.  Its like the guy who gets beat up at work and goes home and yells at the kids.  "Displacement" I think the shrinks call it.

516623[/snapback]

:doh:

I think it's more likely that there's just a relative surplus of liberal idiots here right now as opposed to conservative ones. Pasta Joe gets bashed because he's still posting...but it's tough to bash Rich in Ohio when he's banned. :D

Problem is, if we got rid of all the idiots, there'd only be maybe three people posting here.

:D

I think it's more likely that there's just a relative surplus of liberal idiots here right now as opposed to conservative ones.  Pasta Joe gets bashed because he's still posting...but it's tough to bash Rich in Ohio when he's banned.  ;) 

Problem is, if we got rid of all the idiots, there'd only be maybe three people posting here.

516625[/snapback]

I was wondering where Rich was.

The other problem with getting rid of all the idiots is there would be no one to complain about the Gestapo tactics of the board. :doh:;)

The other problem with getting rid of all the idiots is there would be no one to complain about the Gestapo tactics of the board. :doh:  :D

516648[/snapback]

It's been a while since I have been called a Nazi. I miss it. ;)

Well, they haven't caught Bin Laden and the insurgency in Iraq goes on and on and on to the point that even republicans are not buying the administration view anymore.  Add in the budgetary lunacy and corruption charges and you are left with one cranky, frustrated party.  Maybe if they attack democrats enough it will all go away.  Who knows, maybe if Ann Coulter's next "Kill all the liberals" book makes the best seller list, the Iraq war will end.  Its like the guy who gets beat up at work and goes home and yells at the kids.  "Displacement" I think the shrinks call it.

516623[/snapback]

So the Dummycrats would have caught Bin Laden? Sorry, I didn't read anything beyond that line of crap. I'm not sure what's worse, the incompetence of the administration or the unreasonable license of those who oppose it.

Yesterday morning there was a story about a middle schooler who was told by her Principle to stop reading her Bible in the lunchroom. The zealots lost their mind over it, of course. This morning, the single fact that NO BOOKS were allowed in the lunchroom was brought forth. Now everyone feels sheepish and stupid. That's how you should feel for even TRYING to pass off that take as a measure.