Pat Williams' Comments

RJsackedagain

Letting Pat Williams go and keeping Fat Sam Adams (I love the beer but hate this loafer), another fine decision by our fearless white-haired leader at 1 Bills Drive.

This article says it all

Pat Williams was asked if he had an explanation for Buffalo's decision to allow him to hit the free-agent market after last season.

"They are dumb," he said. "That's all I can say. They are dumb as can be up there."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5749653.html

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letting Pat Williams go and keeping Fat Sam Adams (I love the beer but hate this loafer), another fine decision by our fearless white-haired leader at 1 Bills Drive.

This article says it all

Pat Williams was asked if he had an explanation for Buffalo's decision to allow him to hit the free-agent market after last season.

"They are dumb," he said. "That's all I can say. They are dumb as can be up there."

514364[/snapback]

Many believe he is the best DT in the NFC.

I can't help but wonder how quick people like yourself would be to nickle and dime every single decision made in another person's career if people got to nickle and dime every single decision you made in your life.

"Oh, I can't believe RJSackedAgain opted to promote Bill in Accounting when it's obvious that Sue in Accounting is the one making all the good decisions. Yet another in a long list of boneheaded career moves RJSackedAgain has made. He is clearly making moves that are holding the company back, and yet the owner of the company keeps him on payroll! It's astounding."

:blink::w00t::)

I can't help but wonder how quick people like yourself would be to nickle and dime every single decision made in another person's career if people got to nickle and dime every single decision you made in your life.

"Oh, I can't believe RJSackedAgain opted to promote Bill in Accounting when it's obvious that Sue in Accounting is the one making all the good decisions. Yet another in a long list of boneheaded career moves RJSackedAgain has made. He is clearly making moves that are holding the company back, and yet the owner of the company keeps him on payroll! It's astounding."

:blink:  :w00t:  :)

514380[/snapback]

With all due respect, and you know I respect your opinions, TD is in a very public job where scrutiny and criticism are to be expected.

This article says it all

514364[/snapback]

Re-writing history a bit? It wasn't a matter of choosing one over the other, it was that Phat Pat's contract was up, Sam's wasn't. Sadly, TD's offer, as was quoted from TD himself was around 1 mil less than what Minny offered. Seems as if TD gambled that we would get the "home team discount" that Phat Pat talked about and lost. TD added that he was surprised that he and Pat didn't get the deal done. I'm not defending TD, as this was a deal he should have got done unless of course we had a stud in waiting, which we all know we didn't. Those two, Phat Pat and Sam made a great pair and it's sda that they weren't kept together. Blame TD for this? Sure, but not for taking one over the other.

I'm a lot more angry with TD for drafting guys like Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson - as well as not drafting guys like Vince Wilfork - than I am with him letting Pat Williams go.

TD could have also signed Corey Simon to patch up the hole at DT. But unfortunately, a much better GM beat Teflon to it.

;)  :lol:  :lol:

514380[/snapback]

Sign that Ledger

Sign that Ledger

Bill, Bill, he's are man, if he can't sign it noone can. Go team.

:doh:

There was one big difference between the two. Willaims was a FA so letting him leave didn't cost anything. If you kept Williams you would have been paying big bucks to someone who only played 58% of snaps. And then you would have taken a salary cap hit to let Adams go as you suggested.

If Williams were here, would we be better? Yes, but I think the biggest problem we have on D is we got old real fast, plus some injuries on top of that. But the biggest problem was age. (Which with Williams was also an issue too)

This article says it all

514364[/snapback]

Uh, hello! Did we NOT see firsthand how Pat looks when he's all alone at DT? It's called 2001 and 2002, people, when he was younger and in his prime! Now he's playing next to Pro Bowl DT Kevin Williams. And his age and contract would have been an albatross for the Bills. The Bills made the right move, although I wish someone had been able to step-in and fill his shoes.

With all due respect, and you know I respect your opinions, TD is in a very public job where scrutiny and criticism are to be expected.

514387[/snapback]

I completely agree. And consequently, I think it's okay when people stand in criticism of his collective moves. I guess what I tire of is the nickle-and-diming. It's so chick-like, y'know? Someone reads something stated by a player, and their thought is "Oh, here's another thing he did wrong..."

It's like a chick who caught her ex-boyfriend in a fib of sorts, and then spends the next three months randomly blurting out..."Oh, then there was the time you were 20 minutes late for dinner. Oh, and then there was the time you left the door open and my cat got out. Oh, and then there was the time..."

It's like...Hey, stop it with the nickle/dime crap just to make your feel smart or something. Make your case and then STFU.

In deferance to Bills_fan, the worst offseason move ever was the chopping off of the legends in Buffalo! Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed going down the river was the worst day from a personnel standpoint in Buffalo Bills history, IMO!

That was rough, the worst day ever. But, in all fairness and as much as I loved those guys, the only one that had much left in the tank was Bruce.

Phat Pat is playing at a pro-bowl level right now, and his loss could be directly attributed to at least 3 losses for the Bills this year. If we could stop the run a little bit, we beat NO, ATL and possibly either NE or Carolina. We'd be sitting at 6-5 or 7-4 and control our own destiny.

Uh, hello!  Did we NOT see firsthand how Pat looks when he's all alone at DT?  It's called 2001 and 2002, people, when he was younger and in his prime!  Now he's playing next to Pro Bowl DT Kevin Williams.  And his age and contract would have been an albatross for the Bills.  The Bills made the right move, although I wish someone had been able to step-in and fill his shoes.

514504[/snapback]

Hello, did you read the attached article to the post ..... sounds like Big Pat can do just fine without Kevin around

;)  :lol:  :lol:

514380[/snapback]

Ooops, sorry didn't realize that was you TD reading my post. ... Letting Big Pat was a huge decision, not a minor one as you seem to think. Williams was a big reason why the Bills were a top-notch defense last year. And not only can he play, but he's a good clubhouse guy too

So I was seeing things the last 2 years when Pat became an all or nothing DT , who lunged into the backfield to either make a big play or leave a gaping hole ( most of the time ) where he was supposed to be, correct ?

I was upset to see us not have a quality replacement. I was NOT upset to see him leave. I don't give a sh-- what beat writer states otherwise.

It's like a chick who caught her ex-boyfriend in a fib of sorts, and then spends the next three months randomly blurting out..."Oh, then there was the time you were 20 minutes late for dinner. Oh, and then there was the time you left the door open and my cat got out. Oh, and then there was the time..."

Then there was the time she went to radio shack and bugged my phone...

the rest is history!

Not sure is this post is below the belt... but I think it's funny and being a guy I'll post it anyway ;)

Uh, hello!  Did we NOT see firsthand how Pat looks when he's all alone at DT?  It's called 2001 and 2002, people, when he was younger and in his prime!  Now he's playing next to Pro Bowl DT Kevin Williams.  And his age and contract would have been an albatross for the Bills.  The Bills made the right move, although I wish someone had been able to step-in and fill his shoes.

514504[/snapback]

I agree...PW was a good player....but overpriced at his age and the # of years

he has played DT.....There was no guarantee that he would live out his 4 year

contract playing at that level....You had to put your younger players to find out

if they can play....Unfortunately for us, our youngsters haven't stepped up the

game.....The real issue is that...not the non-retention of Pat Williams.

I was hoping that letting PW go wouldn't hurt the defense too much, but it really is like letting Ted Washington go all over again.

514514[/snapback]

The biggest problem with this team on defense has been their INABILITY to

GET OFF the field on 3rd downs....PW was a good player.....but is not that

monster player that everyone thinks he is....