Pat Williams' Comments

RJsackedagain

That was rough, the worst day ever.  But, in all fairness and as much as I loved those guys, the only one that had much left in the tank was Bruce. 

Phat Pat is playing at a pro-bowl level right now, and his loss could be directly attributed to at least 3 losses for the Bills this year.  If we could stop the run a little bit, we beat NO, ATL and possibly either NE or Carolina.  We'd be sitting at 6-5 or 7-4 and control our own destiny.

514536[/snapback]

There are so many other reasons why we are 4-7.....I don't think having

PW would have changed that score to 7-4....Why don't people accept that

we have much bigger holes on this team than a starting DT.....the biggest

of them being the inability of this coaching staff to ADJUST their game plan

to the strengths/weakness of this football team.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. And consequently, I think it's okay when people stand in criticism of his collective moves. I guess what I tire of is the nickle-and-diming. It's so chick-like, y'know? Someone reads something stated by a player, and their thought is "Oh, here's another thing he did wrong..."

It's like a chick who caught her ex-boyfriend in a fib of sorts, and then spends the next three months randomly blurting out..."Oh, then there was the time you were 20 minutes late for dinner. Oh, and then there was the time you left the door open and my cat got out. Oh, and then there was the time..."

It's like...Hey, stop it with the nickle/dime crap just to make your feel smart or something. Make your case and then STFU.

514508[/snapback]

letting him go was the right move.

Not drafting Vince Wilfork to fill the vacancy was the mistake.

Wilfork also would have allowed them to play some 3-4

Letting Big Pat was a huge decision, not a minor one as you seem to think.

514556[/snapback]

My point, which apparently I suck at making this morning, is that this is not the only huge decision, medium decision or small decision he has made in the past five years. Should we start a thread every time he makes another decision? And better yet, should we start a thread a year after he's made the decision, long after anything can be done to change that decision?

Pat is gone. Our run D sucks. Coincidence? Probably not. But every time I read one of these "Oh, and here's another thing I have the hindsight to criticize" thread, I'm reminded of some good advice at times like these: Nevermind the storms at sea. Let's get the ship in.

My point, which apparently I suck at making this morning, is that this is not the only huge decision, medium decision or small decision he has made in the past five years. Should we start a thread every time he makes another decision? And better yet, should we start a thread a year after he's made the decision, long after anything can be done to change that decision?

Pat is gone. Our run D sucks. Coincidence? Probably not. But every time I read one of these "Oh, and here's another thing I have the hindsight to criticize" thread, I'm reminded of some good advice at times like these: Nevermind the storms at sea. Let's get the ship in.

514633[/snapback]

Agreed nothing can be done now. ... By the way, where is Captain Donahoe steering the Bills' ship???? I wonder if he was the captain of the Titanic in a previous life

There are so many other reasons why we are 4-7.....I don't think having

PW would have changed that score to 7-4....Why don't people accept that

we have much bigger holes on this team than a starting DT.....the biggest

of them being the inability of this coaching staff to ADJUST their game plan

to the strengths/weakness of this football team.

Buffalo was very competitive in both the NO and Atl games. Phat Pat's run-stuffing presence would have allowed our D to stuff the run more than they did. Since neither NO or Atl passed too well on us, my conclusion is that we could have prevented a score in each game. Hence, my belief that we would be at least 6-5 right now with PW.

Big fat defensive tackles seem to come and go at One Bills Dr. Ted Washington did his time here then he left so did Pat Williams and now Im sure Adams will be leaving next too. Not sure but maybe the Bills feel they get what they can from them then let them walk before they get too old or even heavier.

i always was a massive pat williams fan. i tried to justify that williams was let go because he signed for too much, I head he was getting 24 mill over 5 years.

what was his contract anyhow? i think he is clearly worth 24 mill over 5 years, he has played at a pro bowl level for years, he just didn't get credit for it.

I agree...PW was a good player....but overpriced at his age and the # of years

he has played DT.....There was no guarantee that he would live out his 4 year

contract playing at that level....You had to put your younger players to find out

if they can play....Unfortunately for us, our youngsters haven't stepped up the

game.....The real issue is that...not the non-retention of Pat Williams.

514586[/snapback]

Stop making sense.

My question is there a run stuffing type in the upcoming draft that will cure the problem we have now.....

The whole thing with Sam Adams is REALLY concerning to me......I would sure like to be a fly on the wall in those conversations with MM.....

and if MM really did tell him he didn't think he could help us....I would like to transform into a hornet and sting the *&*& out of him..;)

The biggest problem with this team on defense has been their INABILITY to

GET OFF the field on 3rd downs....PW was a good player.....but is not that

monster player that everyone thinks he is....

514588[/snapback]

So stuffing the run on 1st and 2nd and thus setting up longer 3rd down yardage doesn't have anything to do with it? I was hoping along with everyone else that losing PW wouldn't hurt the Bills. I think that hope has been dashed, however.

Letting Pat Williams go and keeping Fat Sam Adams (I love the beer but hate this loafer), another fine decision by our fearless white-haired leader at 1 Bills Drive.

This article says it all

Pat Williams was asked if he had an explanation for Buffalo's decision to allow him to hit the free-agent market after last season.

"They are dumb," he said. "That's all I can say. They are dumb as can be up there."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5749653.html

514364[/snapback]

The bottom line is he let Pat walk because he didn't give him what he wanted and that's OK as long as you have a PROVEN veteran that will take less or the same which TD didn't. I think Pat was right in what he said "They are dumb." It's just another bad decision by TD. I hope he gets the fock out of town soon.

So since TD didn't have someone who would take the same or less, he should have overpaid to keep Pat? :(

514995[/snapback]

:D What is your definition of "overpaid?" Pat Williams got what he was worth. I know one thing for sure our defense wouldn't be ranked last in rushing yards against this year if big Pat was lining up next to Sam Adams. To answer your question...yes, hell yes. If bird brain didn't have a someone that is the quality of player Pat is then yes he should of come to an agreement with Williams.