OT: P. Manning

The_Real

I've watched him play 7 or 8 times this year and the guy really impresses me. The quarterback is supposed to be the field general out there and so many times they look like lost puppy dogs. Not Manning. Dude comes out of the huddle, reads the defense, flips the script and makes plays. 6 yards here, 14 there, 7 more to Edge then the long ball. He's one of the most savy players I've ever seen play footbal.

Critics will say he's a gunslinger and he throws picks, but I'll take it to have that guy behind center for my team. I hate it when media falls in love with players and makes them better than they are. In Manning's case though, MAN, he's that good.

It may be wishful thinking but if Losman could develop into the leader the Peyton is we would really have something.

t-r

the colts took a lot of heat for giving him a huge contract. he took heat for getting a huge contract when he hadnt won a playoff game.

but the fact is.... every team in the NFL (except maybe the falcans) would love to have this guy on their team.

he is the best QB in the NFL.

Critics will say he's a gunslinger and he throws picks,

515224[/snapback]

Who the hell are these critics? :D

If the "critics" of manning are saying he is overrated then they must think that Jim Brown, Marino, Tarkington, and others are overrated. Jeez.

Newsflash! P. Manning is good.

Who the hell are these critics?  :D

If the "critics" of manning are saying he is overrated then they must think that Jim Brown, Marino, Tarkington, and others are overrated. Jeez.

Newsflash! P. Manning is good.

515233[/snapback]

Good? I think if the guy can put a ring or two on those fingers talk about him being the best qb EVER is going to arise. Especially if they can go undefeated this year.

t-r

P.S Having Harrison, Stoakley, James, Clarke, a great offensive line and Reggie Wayne doesn't hurt him at all either.

These were basically my same sentiments in the "Who's the best QB today" thread. The man is in total charge and it is rare you ever see them lose a game because of something stupid he had done.

All the talk was how the winless streak would end vs. the Steelers, but he took them apart when he needed to, made the big first down conversions, and most importantly, when they got to 23-7, they never let it get to 23-15 and then 23-23.

in typical plian fashion he has never been without very good to great WRs, a GREAT RB (the worst RB he ever had as his starter was Faulk!), a solid O line and a good O coordinator.

the bottom line is polian has the best QB, but he also makes sure his O has every single tool they can.

they might lose edge, and they might have to lose wayne and some linemen, but he spent the cash on skill positions primarily and got value on quality big men.

too short

but i wouldn't kick her out of bed  :D

515245[/snapback]

Naah...she's perfect. I love short women. :(

Manning is head and shoulders about the rest of the QBs in this league.

But the Colts are a lot more than him. They dominated the Steelers last night, on both sides of the ball. I haven't paid much attention to the undefeated talk, but after seeing that game last night, I have a hard time seeing how any team in the NFL can stay with the Colts. Maybe Denver? But I don't trust Jake Plummer in that dome in the playoffs. I think it'll take a major letdown for this team to get beat.

I can't knock Manning, he is obviously the best in the game today. But I don't like the way he wanders around, pointing at every defender, and whispering to every player on the offense. I had read somewhere (sorry no linky) that more than half of all that stuff he is doing does not mean sh*t. It is predominantly fake audibles. It works, you can't question the results-- but it is pretty dang annoying.

I think the homefield will be a huge advantage for Indy in the playoffs, moreso than for other teams. The quiet dome allows Manning to call plays at the line and make adjustments and fake adjustments. Manning and the offense were always out of synch against the Pats D and crowd noise. And as we saw last night, the loud dome can force 5+ false starts by an opponent's O-Line.

Also, IMO, if you ain't throwing picks, you ain't trying. Every good QB will have confidence that they can complete every pass, and some forces will get picked. A season with 30 TD's and 5 INT's is a rare occurance. The good QB's just know when not to force the issue, like in the red zone or in the 4th quarter of a close game.

I can't knock Manning, he is obviously the best in the game today.  But I don't like the way he wanders around, pointing at every defender, and whispering to every player on the offense.  I had read somewhere (sorry no linky) that more than half of all that stuff he is doing does not mean sh*t.  It is predominantly fake audibles.  It works, you can't question the results-- but it is pretty dang annoying.

515306[/snapback]

I didn't realize my fake audibles annoyed you. Even though they help my team win, I will stop them immediately. -Peyton

I'm NOT knocking Peyton Manning, but he's won exactly the same ammount of Super Bowls as J. P. Losman! The point is that he's had the great offensive line for, oh say, 8 years now and his talent quotient around him has ALWAYS been top shelf. The proof with the Indianapolis Colts is that they are playing SMASH MOUTH defense and NOW he's much more likely to get to and win a Super Bowl. The annointing continues this year, but let's wait and see about them getting past Pittsburgh again in the playoffs?! It will be much tougher then!! Oh, and my final note, YES, I'd want him QBing my team any day!! He is the best in the game today, hands down!!!

One of the reasons I like Manning and probably many on this board is because they way he plays resembles a lot like the play of Jim Kelly....The guy is always

pumped up, never cares about the INT that he throws, always rallies the people

around him and finally the most important, actually comes to play every single

down....Looking at Manning play, we are all reminded of our SB seasons...

One of the reasons I like Manning and probably many on this board is because they way he plays resembles a lot like the play of Jim Kelly....The guy is always

pumped up, never cares about the INT that he throws, always rallies the people

around him and finally the most important, actually comes to play every single

down....Looking at Manning play, we are all reminded of our SB seasons...

515483[/snapback]

I'm not... Kelly made it to thr SB 4 times., PM has not.