Bills Biggest Need

Frez

I think before a TE you would get OT, OG, C, OG, OT, DE, DT, DT, DE. I agree that our TE's suck and have sucked for some time. Who was our last good TE? Metzellars? Campbell is a joke, Ehus sucks, and both have injury issues.

Hopefully Everett will be serviceable.

RTB

A top notch pass catching TE.

512011[/snapback]

You've gotta be kidding me. TE??? We don't need any more TE's.

Campbell is OK. He's no gamebreaker but he's also not being used properly by the coaches. See 2003 season for what he can do.

Everett could be our next "top notch pass catching TE" as you say.

Euhus may also show us something in the passing game by next season.

Our biggest needs are linemen. We have 8 draft picks in April, right? I wouldn't mind using 2 for OG, 2 for OT, 2 for DE, and 2 for DT. No joke. RunTheBall is right. The rest of the team's holes pale in comparison to the lines.

You've gotta be kidding me. TE??? We don't need any more TE's.

Campbell is OK. He's no gamebreaker but he's also not being used properly by the coaches. See 2003 season for what he can do.

Everett could be our next "top notch pass catching TE" as you say.

Euhus may also show us something in the passing game by next season.

Our biggest needs are linemen. We have 8 draft picks in April, right? I wouldn't mind using 2 for OG, 2 for OT, 2 for DE, and 2 for DT. No joke. RunTheBall is right. The rest of the team's holes pale in comparison to the lines.

512029[/snapback]

i agree..forget te's...give us SOME pass protection and we'll get the ball out to our wrs..and te and rb underneath if we need to..but that's the key, pocket protection..plz td!!!

Its not the biggest need, but it IS a need. Kevin Everett represents some potential at the position, but as it stands, the Bills do not have a quality starting TE. With the team ranked among the league's bottom feeders in both scoring and passing yardage, I don't think I could complain much at all if the Bills were to add a top TE prospect to the team.

512011[/snapback]

I'm thinking that might well be the value pick for the Bills in round one. I believe the Bills will pick between 10-15 and I'm very interested to see how Mercedes Lewis plays for UCLA in it's big game against USC on Dec. 4th. Unless we are going to start running the Rams fun and gun, we need to find a big target, and why not a big target who can also stretch the field?

Not a big fan of Kevin Everitt. I hope he pans out, but IMO he's a whipping boy waiting to happen. He didn't make plays at Miami, you have to wonder if he can do it at this level. Some TE's have that knack for getting open and finding soft spots in coverage, and others hang around the league by learning how to block. I think Everitt is the latter. Looks like Randy McMichael, will play like Jason Dunn.

I think the #1 need on this team is a big 2-gap DT. But filling that hole in the middle portion of the first round of the draft doesn't sound very likely at this point. It's one of those positions that takes time to excel at, as does OL, another key need. We've repeatedly seen young TE's come in and play at a very high level, from Eric Green to Shockey/Gonzalez/Gates.....it's a position where a great athlete has a chance to make plays right away because they find themselves routinely lined up against much smaller defenders in the passing game.

how about a new GM, that knows how important it is to get those things. trading for Campbell errrrr not smart, drafting undersized WR in the 2nd round. Hell, I'd take Alex Smith (the TE) right now over Parrish, or an offensive linemen, and don't give me there were no good linemen after, there were, there always is. Drafting Mike williams.....who the f drafts a RT with the 4th pick...who? us! I would take 1st mate Bryant McKinnie right now, fewer chances of a boat trip, well unless the maid of the mist counts. how about SS roy williams? :blink:

It starts with TD, he makes the picks and signs the free agents.

512011[/snapback]

Not even close imo.

Looking back at the superbowl Bills, I think that by far, the most unheralded player we had was Pete Metz. He could catch, but there were better receiving TEs.

Pete Metz was more than a mere "pass catcher."

He blocked like an OT, was smart, and ran those beautiful endzone patterns in which he merely turned around and faced Kelly. Metz was so wide that he would extend his elbows and catch balls thrown at his head or midsection with his hands. It was almost imposible to cover.

I respectfully remind you that the Bills play in a cold, windy environment. Imo, they need more from a TE than just pass receptions. Truthfully, I don't even know if a TE like Metz exists any more. If so, I would use a first on him. If not, I think that there are other more pressing, obvious needs.

Jmo.