Greg Easterbrook on Mike Williams

PromoTheRobot

http://www.billsdaily.com/depthchart/

There's a link for ya.

506172[/snapback]

Let's see, a link to a depth chart from a fan site, or a link to a depth chart from the actual team... Which am I to believe <_<

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depthchart.jsp

Keep telling yourself that you know what MW thinks and feels, but the truth is nobody here knows that.

CW

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what he thinks and feels. I know what I think and feel when I see him try to play on Sundays.

He could come to camp like a fat slop every year as long as he produces on Sunday but the truth is he doesn't produce thats why he catches bs.

Who cares what he thinks and feels. I know what I think and feel when I see him try to play on Sundays.

He could come to camp like a fat slop every year as long as he produces on Sunday but the truth is he doesn't produce thats why he catches bs.

506218[/snapback]

Well, I'll give you credit for being honest about what you're slinging at him... <_<

How about performing this two-step approach:

1. Watch the game from last week again and see how much MW played.

2. Watch this week's game against San Diego

You will notice that Mike Williams, as indicated by his playing time (or lack thereof) is a second string player. If you continue to believe that he is at the top of the depth chart, then there is no other proof I can offer at this time, as it appears the Bills have not updated their "official" chart.

Let's see, a link to a depth chart from a fan site, or a link to a depth chart from the actual team...  Which am I to believe  :lol:

506201[/snapback]

The bottom line is that when you draft a guy over 350 pounds, you're begging for trouble. While the 350+ pounders sometimes become decent NFL players, the majority are always fighting to control their weight and usually fall into the underacheiver category. To have spent a top 5 pick on Williams was a very poor decision and if we ever have a #1 the same size as Williams, I'd say the same thing. Never spend a top pick on a guy with weight problems. That "he's just a really big guy" that TD & company sold us on draft day 2002 is bs.

How about performing this two-step approach: 

1. Watch the game from last week again and see how much MW played.

2. Watch this week's game against San Diego

You will notice that Mike Williams, as indicated by his playing time (or lack thereof) is a second string player.  If you continue to believe that he is at the top of the depth chart, then there is no other proof I can offer at this time, as it appears the Bills have not updated their "official" chart.

506726[/snapback]

I dun wanna get in the middle of this pissing war...but, you do know that MW is far from 100% healthy right now...right?

Has he EVER been 100% healthy? Just curious.

506741[/snapback]

Excellent point (and one of the reasons I didn't want to get involved in that argument). But, I believe I added "far from" as a modifier. I know, your response could be the same, perhaps, even with that modifer.

Excellent point (and one of the reasons I didn't want to get involved in that argument).  But, I believe I added "far from" as a modifier.  I know, your response could be the same, perhaps, even with that modifer.

506760[/snapback]

That it would have been because I'm a stubborn f*ck.

Not really, and that has a lot to do with his conditioning.

People like to listen and read tot he crap that comes out of OBD... of course they are going to pain a rosy picture about their $50M investment. I don't necessarily think Big Mike was the wrong pick because from what I heard about him in college, he was a badas$ with attitude.

However, no such attitude exists now. He has lost it. You can tell by his reaction to his demotion. He couldn't care less.

Has he EVER been 100% healthy? Just curious.

506741[/snapback]

However, no such attitude exists now.  He has lost it.  You can tell by his reaction to his demotion.  He couldn't care less.

506782[/snapback]

Thus is the life of people in the spotlight. Had he reacted negatively to being moved to guard you would be calling him a "cry baby," "selfish" and "not a team player" right now. Because he accepted the move as a way to try to produce on 1 1/2 ankles (rather than sitting on the bench), he's "lazy" and "unmotivated." :lol:

Not really, and that has a lot to do with his conditioning.

People like to listen and read tot he crap that comes out of OBD... of course they are going to pain a rosy picture about their $50M investment.  I don't necessarily think Big Mike was the wrong pick because from what I heard about him in college, he was a badas$ with attitude. 

However, no such attitude exists now.  He has lost it.  You can tell by his reaction to his demotion.  He couldn't care less.

506782[/snapback]

$50 mill?

wow, we added about $15 mill to his contract since signing him?

williams, bust or not, does not get 9 mill a year. his contract averages between 6-7 mill a year, which is also his average cap figure (it was low to start and is high now and beyond).

the first problem with cutting him is he MAY end up being a good RT, so if we cut him we could be out a good lineman.

the second problem is that his cap hit is huge and for the most part locked in.

the bills will prolly have to see if they can't work out a blend and extend with some bonuses after 2 and 3 years so if the REALLY have to they can cut him then, and not get destroyed on the cap in the meantime.

you don't want to lose cap room and a player (who i bet the bills still think could play good ball) when you could salvage something.

i still think our best possible line is

LT Peters

LG - New guy (hutch, young guy now, new rook, Gandy?)

C Le'Charles

RG Villarial/Preston

RT Williams

if Peters can play at least as well as Jonas at LT after one offseason of training (and i bet he could play better) this would be a great run blocking line and a decent pass blocking line.

with JP in there he will avoid more sacks than most, and this line could be pretty awesome on 3rd and short with mcgahee in there.

you ditch Williams and you need an upgrate at LT (who would have to be a rook) soon and would have less cap room to get one. that cap room could go towards a new interior lineman or resigning Nate/something in FA

Personally, I would embrace such a reaction from him, as it would signify a sign of life. I'm never one to criticize someone who gets fired up upon a benching. While many criticized Travis, I was actually glad that it pissed him off when he was replaced. I like seeing Sam Adams pissed off when he gets benched. And I would love to see something... anything... light a fire under Mike Williams because I feel that is the only obstacle preventing him from being a good player.

Thus is the life of people in the spotlight.  Had he reacted negatively to being moved to guard you would be calling him a "cry baby," "selfish" and "not a team player" right now....

506786[/snapback]

the bills will prolly have to see if they can't work out a blend and extend with some bonuses after 2 and 3 years so if the REALLY have to they can cut him then, and not get destroyed on the cap in the meantime.

506806[/snapback]

Just like we did with John Fina. :lol:

You can't blame TD on the pick. At the time we needed a tackle and there were two of them out there, MW and McKinnie. From what I hear, McKinnie isn't really lighting the world on fire either. They were coveted by other team's also, so if TD blew it, so did any other team that had them high on their draft charts.