What is Mularky talking about ? He is waiting

duey

You think you're mad about this?  I went so far as to call him a douche.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=34995

505120[/snapback]

Geez, you guys are pathetic. MM doesn't owe you anything, why does he have to name a starter now? It's advantageous to wait, and not let SD know. Who cares when he announces it?!

Secondly, JP makes two deep throws (one underthrown), and you all annoint him the saviour. If KH was/is healthy, he should be the starter, because he still gives us the best chance to win, in a division where the Patriots are reeling, even moreso with their recent injuries. We have a very real chance to win the East, and then anything can happen. JP will not get us there, and he can develop fine on the bench, he doesn't have to be playing right now as all you so-called experts seem to think (the same guys who were clamouring for us to draft Nugent, what a joke).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am more concerned about what play he and Clements are going to cook up for the next 4th and 1 situation...I am thinking its either...

Shelton on the Fullback pass

or

Guard eligible to big Mike

or

The Fumblerooskie -- Teague looks pretty nimble to me...

I'm gonna say "The Annexation of Puerto Rico", which was executed to perfection by the Little Giants....

I have a bit of the opposite take AJ.  I think from the top (TD and MM), this organization continually tries to show the fans how immeasurably smart they are.  The hot stove league moves on draft days, the trick plays, the clandestine injury reports, etc.  Meanwhile some of the basics, like the line talent and good fundamental football play calling get ignored and it comes back to bite the team in the ass....

Spare me Einstein moves and get two more Chris V's in to play on the line and run Willis up the gut on fourth and one.  And oh by the way--quit trying to make a young QB who is good at improvising become a pansy ass game manager..let er rip. 

This administration and coaching staff out thinks itself...just MHO...Wile E. Coyote never caught the roadrunner did he--even with all those Acme tools...

505165[/snapback]

Well said.

Secondly, JP makes two deep throws (one underthrown), and you all annoint him the saviour. 

505246[/snapback]

Underthrown? I think you mean "less than perfect". Underthrown is when the DB can make a play on the ball or the WR has to break stride. Neither happened on the first TD throw.

If you analyze all TD passes thrown in the league on any given Sunday, I'll bet maybe 10% are perfect passes. At most. The rest are good plays from the QB/WR combination.

Lighten up, Francis.

I'm having a really hard time with this...I mean, I understand why it's important who starts, I even understand why it's important when the decision is made who starts.

But why does anyone give two ***** when it's announced?  <_<

505292[/snapback]

Agreed. Did I unknowingly use your signature without proper reference? Sorry CTM...it is the signature that changed the world..

I'm having a really hard time with this...I mean, I understand why it's important who starts, I even understand why it's important when the decision is made who starts.

But why does anyone give two ***** when it's announced?  <_<

505292[/snapback]

Because as fans, it's our right to know everything about our team.

Or something like that. Least, that's what Sully said back when the what-happened-to-Roscoe? teapot-tempest broke...

...yawn...

you're right, hoge is another one.  why does that guy have a job?  and whoever dresses him should be fired too.

504851[/snapback]

Actually---HOGE was a damn good runner whose career was shortened by injury.Very good runner for a white man.

Hey Mike...stop being such a jackass and just give JP the start on Sunday, and for the rest of the season as well for that matter.  Why the hell are you dicking around with the paranoid and disillusioned folly of not naming your starter until the last minute?  Everybody who knows anything about football thinks that JP should start from now on.  Why are you the only one who thinks you're fooling anyone?  Jeez...pull your head out of your ass and just get on with it.

And let me tell you...if he doesn't start JP this Sunday, Ralph should fire him on the spot. <_<

504802[/snapback]

I'm glad you're not running the team. :P

It's not just about ex NFL players; it's those ex players such as Salisbury, Hoge, even Jaworski who speak out so strong are quick to judge and crticize when they were never supaertars or All-pros themselves; it's almost equivalent to listening to Stephen A. Smith being so adimant and confident about his knowledge in the game. And in reality, I'll bet you %80 of us on this board have more good football sense about the Buffalo Bills than Salisbury for I'll bet he never has or will pay attention to them unless we win 2-3 straight games convincingly and we become a media darling worth covering; until then we are an afterthought to him, just good to mention every once in a while!

504969[/snapback]

Agree with your take on Salisbury and Hoge, but Jaworski ran a top-10 offense back in the day, and IIRC was the 1980 NFC Player of the Year. No telling what his final numbers might have been if Vermeil hadn't burned out/given way to the immortal Marion Campbell...

Anyway, Jaws started more games than Hoge/Salisbury combined. Hardly on the level of StevenA.

I think Jaws could be a good OC he seems to be able to disect the game well wonder why he is still working for ESPN however?

504991[/snapback]

Because it is a much cushy job than having to stay out in the bad weather

and taking heat from the players, media and fans...

Here he is not responsible for whatever he says...as no one keeps that

in mind...

I'm not worked up, I'm only sharing my opinion. Which is what this board is all about, right? I don't care when MM makes the announcement.

What rubs me the wrong way is that MM even has to think about who the starter should be ! It is obvious to everyone except MM who the starter should be. 75% of the people on this board thought JP should start BEFORE the KC game. If you polled again now that JP played good in the KC game it would even be higher, maybe around 90%.

Playing Holcomb only stunts the growth of this team. JP was drafted to be the starter and Holcomb was signed as a backup. Lets find out this year if we have a keeper in JP. I like what I have seen so far with JP and want to stick with him.

To have MM say I'm not sure who the starter should be makes me lose confidence in his ability to be the HC of my favourite football team.

Actually---HOGE was a damn good runner whose career was shortened by injury.Very good runner for a white man.

505419[/snapback]

he was an average fullback who ran head-first, full-speed into the hole no matter what. i give him credit for playing hard every down, and for being a better player than that idiot salisbury, but that's about it.

he was an average fullback who ran head-first, full-speed into the hole no matter what.  i give him credit for playing hard every down, and for being a better player than that idiot salisbury, but that's about it.

505641[/snapback]

Salisbury...BUM! On the field and on the air. I have noticed he's "softened" a little this year. He's slightly less blowhardish than in past years. Maybe Steven A and Skip Bayless borrowed some of Sean's hot air. Nonetheless...Salisbury = RJ

Hoge...as you said, decent/average fullback..played his heart out. Was OK for awhile on Matchup until he decided. or some network moron told him, to say "factor back" a minimum twelve time a show...relevant or not! His clothes are really really special, dontcha think?

Jaworski was a terrific very underrated QB. The sucker could make ALL the throws, that's for sure. IMO he's also the most underrated football "personality". Nobody on TV watches more film and has a better insight into the game. He's as good as it gets.

What I don't like about this situation is the BS... Coaches create QB controversies, not QBs.... right now, Mularkey is bordering on creating havoc by being wishy washy... you have a newfound fan favorite for a good 1 week performance by the person who is expected to be your future... Who is the same player you benched after 3 weeks because he wasn't ready for this league and you thought you might still have a chance at the playoffs...

Now, he comes in due to injury and plays decent (better than decent even)... MM should be saying.... BAM, JP is in. He's our future, he appears to be more ready now than he was in week 4, next question.... but instead we are getting... Well, ummm, gee, I dunno.... I'll tell you on Friday.... when Holcomb isn't even practicing due to the concussion. This is just plain stupid on MM's part if you want my opinion... which you must because you chose to read this... no one forced you to. :w00t:

So, I'm not saying we are looking at RJ/Flutie again - or even the less heated Kelly/Reich debate.... yet.... but Holcomb doesn't sound like he's willing to cede the reins... he's all about being the guy on Sunday.... and frankly, we wouldn't want him if that wasn't the case, you want players who want to play... But, it's the coaches job to step up and make the call... don't let players make those decisions or you end up with a controversy. The reason Kelly/Reich wasn't a controversy is because Levy never let it become one. Jim sat when he was hurt and when he was healthy he played - the problem came in when he'd play even when he wasn't 100% and was hurting the TEAMS chances by continuing to struggle in a game. At least that was how I felt at times, and I wasn't alone...

But, this wishy washy coach thing was what got Wade in trouble... he did the same thing, not committing to ONE guy... I'm not saying MM has to make the fan's choice of JP because of the fan's... but because Holcomb isn't ready to go, don't even toy with it... when he's healthy.... if he's the better QB, you play him if JP is faltering. That's why you benched JP week 4.

/end of rant <_<