Why isn't Roscoe Parrish being used?

Tolstoy

All I can remember about Roscoe right now are three plays: a ridiculous punt return, a screwed up reverse, and a holding penalty on a 20+ yard run by Willis.

Hmm.

All I can remember about Roscoe right now are three plays: a ridiculous punt return, a screwed up reverse, and a holding penalty on a 20+ yard run by Willis.

Hmm.

505196[/snapback]

Yup. Cut 'em. He's had enough time to show us something and he hasn't. He's got to go. We can always draft more WRs next year.

Yup.  Cut 'em.  He's had enough time to show us something and he hasn't.  He's got to go.  We can always draft more WRs next year.

505200[/snapback]

I agree. I mean, with Moulds probably gone, Evans slacking, Reed a disappointment, and Roscoe clearly not ready, I think we'd do well to spend our 1st next year on a big-play receiver.

re: punt returns....

Interesting. According to the printout I'm looking at, Parrish is averaging 10.8 yards on 4 returns, Clements 7.3 on 7, Smith 6.8 on 5.

505508[/snapback]

Dammit! I hate when facts get in the way of a good rant! <_<

Dammit! I hate when facts get in the way of a good rant!  :P

505515[/snapback]

<_<

Yes and no... I'd agree he lost about twenty yards (which don't show up in the stats) on the one he let bounce/roll on Sunday, but not very many PRs average over 10 yards/return unless they've run at least one back for a TD.

That just caught my eye when I was checking the stat sheets, was all...

I am curious: why isn't Roscoe being used more?  Didn't he look like a good player in preseason?  I seem to remember the defense talking about how difficult he was to cover.

Some possibilities:

(a) he hasn't fully adjusted to the game yet since coming back from injury.

(b) the coaches haven't learned to utilize him.

© they just haven't had the right situations to take advantage of his abilities.

(d) he is not as good as we thought he was.

What do you think?  It is kind of puzzling.

504528[/snapback]

For now I have to go with D. Looking good in camp and playing well in a real live game are two different things. We just don't know what we have yet in Roscoe. For now, he just isn't that good but he has a lot of football ahead of him.

From what i saw on the punt return that dude looks really slow. I mean i might have been able to run faster than that. I don't know what happend between Miami and now, maybe that cast is lead, but if that's as fast as he can run we won't being seeing much of Roscoe.

From what i saw on the punt return that dude looks really slow. I mean i might have been able to run faster than that. I don't know what happend between Miami and now, maybe that cast is lead, but if that's as fast as he can run we won't being seeing much of Roscoe.

Uh I guess you missed how fast he was in training camp and in a small bit of pre-season (Packers scrimmage). And as for punt returns, I don't know why they have him there right now.