Something I have been pondering

I think Moorman just made the best out of bad sutuations rather than the coaching staff planning the plays. I don't believe the coaches are smart enough to come up with something so brilliant. They should get him more involved in trick plays as he is one the teams best players.

I think Moorman just made the best out of bad sutuations rather than the coaching staff planning the plays.  I don't believe the coaches are smart enough to come up with something so brilliant.  They should get him more involved in trick plays as he is one the teams best players.

504299[/snapback]

Right. Their notion of trick plays are the ones that anyone with an ounce of common sense would never try or the risk/reward context was not adequately evaluated.

Didn't Moorman have QB experience at some point?...

504304[/snapback]

Not sure but he excelled at track in college, and probably runs about a 4.5 or so. Not blazing by NFL standards but most likely the NFL's fastest punter by a large margin.

I agree with John, at least once this season we should run a fake with Moorman. He did a great job improvising last year, and on a planed call might even find more room to work with.

Not sure but he excelled at track in college, and probably runs about a 4.5 or so.  Not blazing by NFL standards but most likely the NFL's fastest punter by a large margin.

I agree with John, at least once this season we should run a fake with Moorman. He did a great job improvising last year, and on a planed call might even find more room to work with.

504326[/snapback]

i hate to say it, he probably runs in the 4.2-4.3 range... he was pretty close to world class at 110 meter high hurdles, and even closer in the 400meter intermediate hurdles. i run around 4.45-4.5 and he was that much more explosive in college than i am. I would like to think that he wasn't used at any other position past high school and maybe was a soccer player in his youth, given that he isn't like tom tupa and used at two positions in the pros

I think Moorman just made the best out of bad sutuations rather than the coaching staff planning the plays.  I don't believe the coaches are smart enough to come up with something so brilliant.  They should get him more involved in trick plays as he is one the teams best players.

504299[/snapback]

I think there was also at least one time that he audibled out of the punt to a fake, due to a player being completely uncovered. The problem is you're not going to see that very often, and I really wouldn't want them to try more than one fake per year anyway.

i hate to say it, he probably runs in the 4.2-4.3 range... he was pretty close to world class at 110 meter high hurdles, and even closer in the 400meter intermediate hurdles. i run around 4.45-4.5 and he was that much more explosive in college than i am. I would like to think that he wasn't used at any other position past high school and maybe was a soccer player in his youth, given that he isn't like tom tupa and used at two positions in the pros

504361[/snapback]

no way he is 4.2 -4.3 range..Hurdling at 440 meters is way different than 40 yd sprinting. There may be one or two guys in the NFL who run a legit 4.2. Deion Sanders ran a 4.2 for Chrissake.---

Edwin Moses couldnt have run a 4.2-4.3.

no way he is 4.2 -4.3 range..Hurdling at 440 meters is way different than 40 yd sprinting. There may be one or two guys in the NFL who run a legit 4.2. Deion Sanders ran a 4.2 for Chrissake.---

504631[/snapback]

correction----400 meters.....of course

504631[/snapback]

correction----400 meters.....of course

I say we cut Moorman and draft the punter from VA Tech, Nic Scmitt, to run our trick plays. Has anybody seen that dude. Hes 273 lbs, and a beast on tackles.

I saw him a lot while the Hurricanes were tooling the Chokies

plays anymore?

He looked like a real weapon in that capacity last year......

This year?  Nothing

504291[/snapback]

I would rather have this coaching staff do BASIC THINGS Successfully first,

like pounding your RB for a 1st down on a 4th and 1. Stop being fancy.....

504631[/snapback]

Edwin moses you are kidding rite? that guy was lightning... besides some great hurdles have found success in the NFL (Rod Woodson, Marcus Allen) and the former world record holder renaldo nehemiah was in the league for a few years also. I honestly beleive that moorman is easily capable of of runnin a 4.3 based on hurdling being a sprint event where you have to have top flight speed to be successful and that mooman was 2nd place in the 110 meter hurdles at nationals his senior year. and deion was actually timed at 4.17 at FSU as Randy moss was a 4.18 IIRC, them guys both could have easily ran at the world class level if they could sustain such speed for another 55 yards.

504361[/snapback]

I would be willing to bet my life he doesn't run a 4.2 or 4.3, that's as fast as Nate and Terrance, and after watching him run on a couple broken plays he is not as fast as those two. Fast for a punter yes, as fast as two CB's that competed in the NFL's fastest man challenge? No way.

504631[/snapback]

For your information, MO-ron,

Edwin Moses would have made Deion Sanders look like the fat lady who sings at the end. How idiotic are you? Please reply, the world is waiting for your wisdom.