Something I have been pondering

I think Moorman just made the best out of bad sutuations rather than the coaching staff planning the plays. I don't believe the coaches are smart enough to come up with something so brilliant. They should get him more involved in trick plays as he is one the teams best players.

I think Moorman just made the best out of bad sutuations rather than the coaching staff planning the plays.  I don't believe the coaches are smart enough to come up with something so brilliant.  They should get him more involved in trick plays as he is one the teams best players.

504299[/snapback]

Right. Their notion of trick plays are the ones that anyone with an ounce of common sense would never try or the risk/reward context was not adequately evaluated.

Didn't Moorman have QB experience at some point?...

504304[/snapback]

Not sure but he excelled at track in college, and probably runs about a 4.5 or so. Not blazing by NFL standards but most likely the NFL's fastest punter by a large margin.

I agree with John, at least once this season we should run a fake with Moorman. He did a great job improvising last year, and on a planed call might even find more room to work with.

Not sure but he excelled at track in college, and probably runs about a 4.5 or so.  Not blazing by NFL standards but most likely the NFL's fastest punter by a large margin.

I agree with John, at least once this season we should run a fake with Moorman. He did a great job improvising last year, and on a planed call might even find more room to work with.

504326[/snapback]

i hate to say it, he probably runs in the 4.2-4.3 range... he was pretty close to world class at 110 meter high hurdles, and even closer in the 400meter intermediate hurdles. i run around 4.45-4.5 and he was that much more explosive in college than i am. I would like to think that he wasn't used at any other position past high school and maybe was a soccer player in his youth, given that he isn't like tom tupa and used at two positions in the pros

I think Moorman just made the best out of bad sutuations rather than the coaching staff planning the plays.  I don't believe the coaches are smart enough to come up with something so brilliant.  They should get him more involved in trick plays as he is one the teams best players.

504299[/snapback]

I think there was also at least one time that he audibled out of the punt to a fake, due to a player being completely uncovered. The problem is you're not going to see that very often, and I really wouldn't want them to try more than one fake per year anyway.

i hate to say it, he probably runs in the 4.2-4.3 range... he was pretty close to world class at 110 meter high hurdles, and even closer in the 400meter intermediate hurdles. i run around 4.45-4.5 and he was that much more explosive in college than i am. I would like to think that he wasn't used at any other position past high school and maybe was a soccer player in his youth, given that he isn't like tom tupa and used at two positions in the pros

504361[/snapback]

no way he is 4.2 -4.3 range..Hurdling at 440 meters is way different than 40 yd sprinting. There may be one or two guys in the NFL who run a legit 4.2. Deion Sanders ran a 4.2 for Chrissake.---

Edwin Moses couldnt have run a 4.2-4.3.

no way he is 4.2 -4.3 range..Hurdling at 440 meters is way different than 40 yd sprinting. There may be one or two guys in the NFL who run a legit 4.2. Deion Sanders ran a 4.2 for Chrissake.---

504631[/snapback]

correction----400 meters.....of course

504631[/snapback]

correction----400 meters.....of course

I say we cut Moorman and draft the punter from VA Tech, Nic Scmitt, to run our trick plays. Has anybody seen that dude. Hes 273 lbs, and a beast on tackles.

I saw him a lot while the Hurricanes were tooling the Chokies

plays anymore?

He looked like a real weapon in that capacity last year......

This year?  Nothing

504291[/snapback]

I would rather have this coaching staff do BASIC THINGS Successfully first,

like pounding your RB for a 1st down on a 4th and 1. Stop being fancy.....

504631[/snapback]

Edwin moses you are kidding rite? that guy was lightning... besides some great hurdles have found success in the NFL (Rod Woodson, Marcus Allen) and the former world record holder renaldo nehemiah was in the league for a few years also. I honestly beleive that moorman is easily capable of of runnin a 4.3 based on hurdling being a sprint event where you have to have top flight speed to be successful and that mooman was 2nd place in the 110 meter hurdles at nationals his senior year. and deion was actually timed at 4.17 at FSU as Randy moss was a 4.18 IIRC, them guys both could have easily ran at the world class level if they could sustain such speed for another 55 yards.

504361[/snapback]

I would be willing to bet my life he doesn't run a 4.2 or 4.3, that's as fast as Nate and Terrance, and after watching him run on a couple broken plays he is not as fast as those two. Fast for a punter yes, as fast as two CB's that competed in the NFL's fastest man challenge? No way.

504631[/snapback]

For your information, MO-ron,

Edwin Moses would have made Deion Sanders look like the fat lady who sings at the end. How idiotic are you? Please reply, the world is waiting for your wisdom.

Ben Johnson set the record in 100M, at the time he was using steroids heavily. The record was later stricken from the books, but that didn’t stop timing officials from breaking down the fastest 100 in the history of man. He ran the first 50M in 5.52 seconds, 60M in 6.37, how fast did he run the first 40 yards of that race? 4.38 seconds.

This tells us two things, one is that the NFL 40 times we hear so loosely thrown around are not accurate, and two, Brian Moorman doesn't sniff a 4.2 driving in a race car. As I said, he probably runs the NFL version of a 4.5, in reality probably more like a 4.7.

Ben Johnson set the record in 100M, and at the time he was using steroids heavily.  The record was later stricken from the books, but that didn’t stop timing officials from breaking down the fastest 100 in the history of man. He ran the first 50M in 5.52 seconds, 60M in 6.37, how fast did he run the first 40 yards of that race? 4.38 seconds.

This tells us two things, one is that the NFL 40 times we hear so loosely thrown around are not accurate, and two, Brian Moorman doesn't sniff a 4.2 driving in a race car. As I said, he probably runs the NFL version of a 4.5, in reality probably more like a 4.7.

505270[/snapback]

no... i run a sub 4.5 and and there is no way moorman is that slow. You are saying that moorman is as fast as aaron rodgers who ran a 4.75 in his pro day, which i find a little hard to believe as i do not believe rodgers will ever be able to outrun a defense for 30 yards let alone from 10 yds in the backfield.

edit ben johnson was not the quickest out of the blocks as he was the best maintaining top speed. Just look how damn fast rod woodson was before he started to get old.

no... i run a sub 4.5 and and there is no way moorman is that slow. You are saying that moorman is as fast as aaron rodgers who ran a 4.75 in his pro day, which i find a little hard to believe as i do not believe rodgers will ever be able to outrun a defense for 30 yards let alone from 10 yds in the backfield.

edit ben johnson was not the quickest out of the blocks as he was the best maintaining top speed. Just look how damn fast rod woodson was before he started to get old.

505297[/snapback]

Your using your 40 time as a comparison to Brian Moorman, so you must ask the question, How am I supposed to know the conditions in which you ran your time?

Was it electronically/manually timed, wind/no wind, outdoor/indoor, fast/slow surface? All those variables can add tenths of a second on and off your 40, and with a 4.2 and 4.5 being the difference between somebody who is lighting fast and has average NFL speed I would say those variables matter.

I would imagine 90% of the football/ track athletes in high school claim a 4.5 or lower. Hell I ran several sub 4.5's a few years back timed by my x football coach, then when I went to Nike’s football camp, who hosted similar conditions as the NFL combine and my best time was a blazing 4.74.

You see college players run under 4.2 at their local pro day only to run 4.4 or worse at the combine, and this isn't an exception to the rule, it's what happened about 95% of the time. It's all about the conditions in which the 40 was run, and still to this day out of the 1000's of players to run at the combine Deon Sanders run of 4.28 is still the standard.

You’re trying to tell me that Moorman can run with Deon Sanders, in his prime? If that’s the case you can site every track accomplishment Moorman has 1000 times over, I'll still risk 1000$ to your 1$ that Deon kills Moorman in a rcae and walk away with an easy buck every time. Moorman is fast but anybody coming in under a 4.4 at the combine would beat him by several steps.

EDIT: Ben Johnson's 50m time, and 60m time in his world record 100M run would have also set the world record in those respective events.

Edwin moses you are kidding rite? that guy was lightning... besides some great hurdles have found success in the NFL (Rod Woodson, Marcus Allen) and the former world record holder renaldo nehemiah was in the league for a few years also. I honestly beleive that moorman is easily capable of of runnin a 4.3 based on hurdling being a sprint event where you have to have top flight speed to be successful and that mooman was 2nd place in the 110 meter hurdles at nationals his senior year. and deion was actually timed at 4.17 at FSU as Randy moss was a 4.18 IIRC, them guys both could have easily ran at the world class level if they could sustain such speed for another 55 yards.

504891[/snapback]

You are really living in a dreamworld. Deion was one of the fastest men in the world.your statement about hurdlers excelling in the NFL has absolutely nothing to do with the subject. Edwin Moses was a 400 man not a sprinter.He was very fast--hence my example v Moorman.

Ask Moorman himself what his 40 time was/could be.--I guarantee you he would laugh if someone suggested he could run a 40 time that only a handful of human are capable of.

ok we are finding a common ground here. I have been tested at 4.47 on a track FAT(automatic) and hand time just under 4.6 in muddy grass. I grant you that i had good conditions for that 4.47. As a college hurdler i know that right conditions can add or take off so much time.

As for moorman being the speed of deion, of course not. Deion's 4.28 on such a lsow surface is outright amazing. that being siad deion now may be able to run that time on a fast track with great conditions, even with his old age. everything is relative conditons and consistency of timing.

With that in mind, i have to say that Moorman is definitely the fastest kicker in the league, and that he is without a doubt faster than quite a few receivers,and DB's.

Your using your 40 time as a comparison to Brian Moorman, so you must ask the question,  How am I supposed to know the conditions in which you ran your time?

Was it electronically/manually timed, wind/no wind, outdoor/indoor, fast/slow surface? All those variables can add tenths of a second on and off your 40, and with a 4.2 and 4.5 being the difference between somebody who is lighting fast and has average NFL speed I would say those variables matter. 

I would imagine 90% of the football/ track athletes in high school claim a 4.5 or lower. Hell I ran several sub 4.5's a few years back timed by my x football coach, then when I went to Nike’s football camp, who hosted similar conditions as the NFL combine and my best time was a blazing 4.74.

You see college players run under 4.2 at their local pro day only to run 4.4 or worse at the combine, and this isn't an exception to the rule, it's what happened about 95% of the time.  It's all about the conditions in which the 40 was run, and still to this day out of the 1000's of players to run at the combine Deon Sanders run of 4.28 is still the standard. 

You’re trying to tell me that Moorman can run with Deon Sanders, in his prime?  If that’s the case you can site every track accomplishment Moorman has 1000 times over, I'll still risk 1000$ to your 1$ that Deon kills Moorman in a rcae and walk away with an easy buck every time. Moorman is fast but anybody coming in under a 4.4 at the combine would beat him by several steps.

505354[/snapback]

You are really living in a dreamworld. Deion was one of the fastest men in the world.your statement about hurdlers excelling in the NFL has absolutely nothing to do with the subject. Edwin Moses was a 400 man not a sprinter.He was very fast--hence my example v Moorman.

Ask Moorman himself what his 40 time was/could be.--I guarantee you he would laugh if someone suggested he could run a 40 time that only a handful of human are capable of.

505364[/snapback]

Umm as for Moorman strictly being a 400 hurdle guy. Moorman was an all- american 3 times at the 100 hurdles and twice at the 55 meter hurdles for indoor track. So your claim holds no water.

pittsburg state all americans

ok we are finding a common ground here. I have been tested at 4.47 on a track FAT(automatic) and hand time just under 4.6 in muddy grass. I grant you that i had good conditions for that 4.47. As a college hurdler i know that right conditions can add or take off so much time.

As for moorman being the speed of deion, of course not. Deion's 4.28 on such a lsow surface is outright amazing. that being siad deion now may be able to run that time on a fast track with great conditions, even with his old age. everything is relative conditons and consistency of timing.

With that in mind, i have to say that Moorman is definitely the fastest kicker in the league, and that he is without a doubt faster than quite a few receivers,and DB's.

Umm as for Moorman strictly being a 400 hurdle guy. Moorman was an all- american 3 times at the 100 hurdles and twice at the 55 meter hurdles for indoor track. So your claim holds no water.

505415[/snapback]

I didnt make any claim.I just compared him to the greatest hurdler of all time--who of course would have beaten Moorman at 55 yards or 110meters or 400 meters--AND who couldnt run a 4.2-4.3 40

AS I said before--ask Moorman sometime--in fact i may do it--I have a sister who knows him well--what he could run the 40 in on a PERFECT SURFACE.--if its in the 4.2-4.3 range--I will apologize to you on this board.

I didnt make any claim.I just compared him to the greatest hurdler of all time--who of course would have beaten Moorman at 55 yards or 110meters or 400 meters--AND who couldnt run a 4.2-4.3 40

AS I said before--ask Moorman sometime--in fact i may do it--I have a sister who knows him well--what he could run the 40 in on a PERFECT SURFACE.--if its in the 4.2-4.3 range--I will apologize to you on this board.

505416[/snapback]

ok. I'll go with that. I really am curious to find out, just because he looked that fast when ran that botched punt last year.

505415[/snapback]

Your original claim was Moorman could run a 4.2 or 4.3, so by that standard we know only one player in Deon Sanders running as fast as your conservative number for Moorman. So lets even go with 4.4 or lower, now your still only talking about 4 to 5 guys per draft class, if that. The point is your original claim that he could run that fast based on his track performance is wrong. Only 4 or 5 of the fastest players in the draft, many of which are conference champions in the 100M, run under a 4.4. Truth is he probably runs between 4.4 and 4.5, which is just about what I said he did in the post that started this in the first place

Edit: That speed would still make Moorman the fastest kicker in the NFL hands down. (cant hate on Moorman to much)

Your original claim was Moorman could run a 4.2 or 4.3, so by that standard we know only one player in Deon Sanders running as fast as your conservative number for Moorman.  So lets even go with 4.4 or lower, now your still only talking about 4 to 5 guys per draft class, if that.  The point is your original claim that he could run that fast based on his track performance is wrong. Only 4 or 5 of the fastest players in the draft, many of which are conference champions in the 100M, run under a 4.4.  Truth is he probably runs between 4.4 and 4.5, which is just about what I said he did in the post that started this in the first place

Edit: That speed would still make Moorman the fastest kicker in the NFL hands down. (cant hate on Moorman to much)

505420[/snapback]

you have my original claim correct. However, you are thinking Indy's slow turf times, while i am thinking fast track times. In the fast track, Deion, Randy Moss, Dante Hall, and Antonio Brown have turned in times as low 4.16. A lot of this is relative to conditions, and surface. I don't think that Moorman is a low 4.2 guy on the track, but i am sure he is a sub 4.4 guy on such a fast surface.

you have my original claim correct. However, you are thinking Indy's slow turf times, while i am thinking fast track times. In the fast track,  Deion, Randy Moss, Dante Hall, and Antonio Brown have turned in times as low 4.16. A lot of this is relative to conditions, and surface. I don't think that Moorman is a low 4.2 guy on the track, but i am sure he is a sub 4.4 guy on such a fast surface.

505431[/snapback]

To bad they don't play football on a track, that's why Indianpolis is a much better indication of speed as it relates to football.