Your Favorite Guitar Solo

Mikie2times

Don't get me wrong, I like that album.  But it was overproduced, particularly compared to the previous two.

I liked it a lot as well. But it's the nature of the beast. As you get more successful, the record company is willing to devote more money to your album. That is, UNTIL you start taking 5 or 6 years to get that record out.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrucci/Dream Theater - The Glass Prison.  I love that first one with the tempo change.

I'm such a metal head.

504552[/snapback]

my fav metal solo's:

Eyes of a Stranger- Queensryche. I've always loved the dualing leads.

Inside Out- Anthrax

Any Zakk Wylde solo.

This one's a little obscure but “Who do You Love” off of Quicksilver Messenger Service Live at Fillmore from 1968 features one of the best stoned-out solos that you’ll ever hear. Goes from hard rock to mellow rock to Bay Area psychadelic rock all in a span of about 10 minutes. A 20+ minute song with some super slick pickin’.

:)

Don't get me wrong, I like that album.  But it was overproduced, particularly compared to the previous two.

504948[/snapback]

And it would have been nice if he could have found a drummer that he didn't have to plug in....

Johnny Thunders, Heartbreakers Live At Max's Kansas City, "One Track Mind".

Walter Lure's solo right before it isn't too shabby either... but he's shredded by JT.

2nd place:

Robert Fripp, Eno's Here Come The Warm Jets, "Baby's On Fire"

3rd place:

Keith Richards, Beggars Banquet, "SFTD"

Some nice choices listed.

One of the most amazing solos I ever saw in person many years ago was Neil Young playing Cortez The Killer. It went on for 12-15 minutes and was simply fantastic.

504730[/snapback]

Agreed! I was never much of a Neil Young fan...until I saw him live in 1993 (with Booker T & the MG's) As corny and cliche as it sounds, just watching him play, and the fight he puts into his guitar work is mesmerizing....one of the most powerful live performers I have ever seen...he and Jonathan Richman!

3rd place:

Keith Richards, Beggars Banquet, "SFTD"

505228[/snapback]

I know you are a Stones fanatic, like myself...I am sure you have heard (or seen) the "Stones At the Maxx" dvd? The version on that dvd (as opposed to the live album from the same tour) is scorching...maybe one of the tastiest solos I have ever heard Keef play live....now I am sure someone will tell me "it was Ron Wood, you dumb ass!" :)

I know you are a Stones fanatic, like myself...I am sure you have heard (or seen) the "Stones At the Maxx" dvd?  The version on that dvd (as opposed to the live album from the same tour) is scorching...maybe one of the tastiest solos I have ever heard Keef play live....now I am sure someone will tell me "it was Ron Wood, you dumb ass!" :)

505235[/snapback]

I have it, but haven't played it for a long time, not a big fan of that era...

but you're right, it's Keef. :)

I know you are a Stones fanatic, like myself...I am sure you have heard (or seen) the "Stones At the Maxx" dvd?  The version on that dvd (as opposed to the live album from the same tour) is scorching...maybe one of the tastiest solos I have ever heard Keef play live....now I am sure someone will tell me "it was Ron Wood, you dumb ass!" <_<

505235[/snapback]

Stones Rock!!

Last year my girlfriend got me a photo signed by the entire band, best gift of the year.

This is funny; the post I spent the least time thinking about in my wall history got more posts then any others. I blame TD. :P

Here are several of my favorites:

Frank Zappa-Muffin Man and Fifty-fifty

SRV-Little Wing

Steve Vai-For the Love of God

Robin Trower-Daydream

Chicago (Terry Kath)- 25 or 6 to 4

David Bowie (Robert Fripp)-Fashion

504382[/snapback]

Frank Zappa- "Yo Mama" and "Return of the Son of Shut Up and Play Your Guitar"