Say goodbye to Colin Cowheard

Adam

Ah, but poker is a sport, Kelly.  All of the long hours, the training, the pregame preparation...

503508[/snapback]

Heh, i watch the poker occasionally(always on the tivo). As a matter of fact was watching last night and the guy from Buffal wgo made it into the top 20 was wering a "more cowbell" T shirt at the table. Just thought I'd mention it

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably wouldn't shed a tear over a guy you've never heard of. Would you? To show a complete lack of sympathy toward a human being like Coward did was just stupid. His dislike for wrestling should have nothing to do with his opinion on someone dying.

By the way - to accuse Guerrero of being a "drug and alcohol addict" is unfair. It is believed he died of a heart attack which was probably a result of his past addiction with pain killers but still, he was fired from the company at one point for being involved with that crap. He had to clean up to get rehired, which he did.

503352[/snapback]

any avatars such as yours must be forwarded to me for personal approval.

if it is from a website please forward link to that as well for additional investigation.

Uh, because he's on a radio show?

What a nation of pussies we've become.

503752[/snapback]

And if he doesn't think something should be mentioned on his show, why does he mention it? When did we become a nation with no common sense?

And if he doesn't think something should be mentioned on his show, why does he mention it? 

Perhaps to get the "Moron Tab and Apple Choir" all spun up?

When did we become a nation with no common sense?

503766[/snapback]

About the time that the populace started wasting more time and energy on their entertainment vices than they did paying attention to the screwing their government is giving them. Nice job.

Cowherd is heavy into hyperbole. He makes outrageous statements to get attention. That puts him close to the edge. If you're constantly close to the edge, the risk of falling off is very real. It sounds like he fell off. The only question is, how far down is it. Too far and he's dead (figuratively speaking).

If wanting to show respect to those who have died makes you a moron, I guess that makes me a moron.

For what it's worth, I have never listened to his show, so I didn't hear these comments. I just happen to think that it's prefectly reasonable for people to be upset when if a radio host disrespects someone who just died.

he said something to the effect of "i don't fell sorry for eddie guerrero...  its not newsworthy...  who cares if a wrestler dies" 

i believe the espn people had to disconnect their customer service phones today because of the obvious "feedback" they've received.

503265[/snapback]

It may have been tasteless and classless to air these opinions on the radio but I have a hard time disagreeing with the guy. I find it hard to feel any sympathy when a famous person dies. I don't really know them and they sure as hell don't know me. When I see a month worth of TV coveage because a former Pres or International dignitary passes away I get annoyed. They may have been a great person but do we need to worship the ground they walk on? ;)

Say what you will about pro wrestling being fake, the results and storylines are, its called entertainment. These wrestlers train and take some serious punishment while in the ring, and just because the results are scripted they are not athletes?

If a sports station (i.e. ESPN or TSN in Canada) can broadcast poker, or even dogshows (on TSN they do, not sure about ESPN) why can't a wrestlers death be put in the sports section. Heck, they put golf results in the sports section, what makes them athletes?

The guy can have his opinion, but to say it the way he said it, it is just not appropriate at this time. They guys are humans too, they have friends, they have family. If the radio guy died, should we care about his death?

Pro wrestling takes great athleticism and a lof practice, but it's totally scripted. That's why ESPN doesn't ever report on it, and why Cowherd won't lose his job or even get reprimanded over his comments. Poker, while not a "sport," isn't scripted. And some of the sports anchors (Dan Patrick) don't think ESPN should be showing it anyway.

It may have been tasteless and classless to air these opinions on the radio but I have a hard time disagreeing with the guy.  I find it hard to feel any sympathy when a famous person dies.  I don't really know them and they sure as hell don't know me.  When I see a month worth of TV coveage because a former Pres or International dignitary passes away I get annoyed.  They may have been a great person but do we need to worship the ground they walk on?  ;)

503937[/snapback]

You may not have noticed but most electronic devices (Tivo being an obvious exception) have power buttons for such occasions.

You may not have noticed but most electronic devices (Tivo being an obvious exception) have power buttons for such occasions.

503947[/snapback]

I get your point but I can't turn on the TV, get on the web, or listen to the airwaves without being innundated by thing they deem important to me.