All Eyes on Bledsoe ?

Frez

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain AVP's hand injury suffered while trying to keep TKO from ripping off Drew's head.

504048[/snapback]

I don't recall that, but getting pissed at a player about something hardly implies the player quit on the team.

CW

Your fuggin' nuts!  Bledsoe carried that Patriots team to that Super Bowl.  The Packers were a much better rounded team...the Pats had no defense. 

503848[/snapback]

;) That must be why the Patriots defense in 2 postseason games scored more TD's than their opponents' offense that postseason.

28-3 over Pittsburgh - Drew had 1 nice deep throw to Glenn, but had mediocre stats, Martin ran for 200 yards and the Pats D dominated. Not bad - this was BY FAR the best postseason game of his career, and he was very very average.

Jacksonville they were beating 13-6 deep into the 4th Qtr (the same Jags defense that was lit up by a washed up Jim Kelly in his final game) before NE's defense iced the game with a TD, final score 20-6.

That was followed by Drew doing nothing in the '97 playoffs with a low-scoring, defensive TD scoring win over Miami, and a 7-6 0 offensive TD performance in Pittsburgh in 1997.

Thanks for playing though.

Your fuggin' nuts!  Bledsoe carried that Patriots team to that Super Bowl.  The Packers were a much better rounded team...the Pats had no defense. 

The New England defense, which did not exist apparently, gave up 0 touchdowns in their two AFC playoff games in 1996. You really can't be serious.

Do tell!

504111[/snapback]

Unfortunately, all posts on here from then were lost in the c-rash... and I just spent a half-hour looking on the Range but couldn't find it (if I was at work, I wouldn't care, but I'm off today ;) ).

Anyways, word had it from someone in-the-know that AVP got hurt trying to keep TKO off of Drew during (I believe) the 2nd Felons game. I forget if it was leaked from the locker room, or from an eyewitness, but it was definitely out there.

Any truth to it? I don't know, but I didn't make it up. Sounds logical to me. :lol:

The New England defense, which did not exist apparently, gave up 0 touchdowns in their two AFC playoff games in 1996. You really can't be serious.

Yeah but they also didn't generate a single turnover (much less 3 like the Pats' defense has averaged in each of their 3 SB wins) against the Packers in the SB. I guess they blew their wad in the 2 previous playoff game. ;)

Yeah but they also didn't generate a single turnover (much less 3 like the Pats' defense has averaged in each of their 3 SB wins) against the Packers in the SB.  I guess they blew their wad in the 2 previous playoff game. ;)

504218[/snapback]

You agree that "carried to the Super Bowl" references the games leading up to the final game, right? So, what is your point?

I'm sorry their loss in that game made you sad. Me too. :lol:

Was that before or after Jim Kelly threw his wife down a flight of stairs? It must have been after Nolan banged Hasek's wifebut I didn't make it up.

504127[/snapback]

Don't know about them, the only one's I know to be true (from first-hand observation of people I trust ;) ) are:

1. Cal Ripken Jr was a wife-beater (source: my friend's wife, his former baby-sitter)

2. Ray Lewis goes both ways* (source: his limo driver as told to my friend's girlfriend who was formerly obsessed with meeting him.)

* not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:

2. Ray Lewis goes both ways* (source: his limo driver as told to my friend's girlfriend who was formerly obsessed with meeting him.)

* not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

504235[/snapback]

Is that why he always agrees to be "miked up?"

You agree that "carried to the Super Bowl" references the games leading up to the final game, right? So, what is your point?

The overall point was that Bledsoe, while not carrying the team in the playoffs, carried the team in the SB. The Pats abandoned the running game and the defense got toasted repeatedly.

I'm sorry their loss in that game made you sad. Me too.  :rolleyes:

I was pulling for the Pats.

I don't know... he did bumble earlier on & was very entertaining :rolleyes: , but to his credit, he did hit a wide-open Glenn when the score was 20-7. Without that play, Cowboys don't win. Quite shocking :blink: , I can't remember the last time he actually made a play of that magnitude in a prime time game... maybe 7-8 years ago?

503727[/snapback]

And if he didn't try to pass a ball backwards while he was being taken down and essentially create that interception by Philly, he wouldn't have needed that touchdown to Glenn to pull within six. Zepp is correct. Bledsoe had nothing to do with that win last night.

Well, it's definitely true that I get very defensive when someone disses the Bills. That's just how it is with me, I guess.....the thing with guys like Manning, though, is that he contributes far more to winning than he does to losing. I don't see how ANYONE can say the same thing about Drew....I really don't. Look at the three games Fez mentioned....they're arguable the three biggest games we had last year. Baltimore is a marginal team, but that game was huge for us, and we SHOULD have won it. You can't rely on the guy when the other team throws down the gauntlet and challenges him to be at his best.....he chokes and chokes and chokes. If not for Roy Williams and Donovan McNabb, the headlines today would have more to do with Bledsoe choking than they would beating the Eagles on the road.

503939[/snapback]

Well I made it to page 6 without writing but I guess I couldn't go any farther. You credit Williams and Donovan with the Cowboy win. I'll bet you credit the Redskin win against Dallas to DB, even though it was the Dallas defense that gave up the two long touchdown passes at the end of the game to lose it.

And while we are at it, you really shouldn't give any credit to JP for the win this weekend. After all Green absolutely sucked at QB. Of course, it may be because he is behind the worse line in the league at the moment, but why go there.

The QB is only one piece of the pie. I'd like to see Brady play behind that KC line.

And if he didn't try to pass a ball backwards while he was being taken down and essentially create that interception by Philly, he wouldn't have needed that touchdown to Glenn to pull within six. Zepp is correct. Bledsoe had nothing to do with that win last night.

504288[/snapback]

That makes sense. 17/24 for 196 played no factor at all. :rolleyes:

Well I made it to page 6 without writing but I guess I couldn't go any farther.  You credit Williams and Donovan with the Cowboy win.  I'll bet you credit the Redskin win against Dallas to DB, even though it was the Dallas defense that gave up the two long touchdown passes at the end of the game to lose it.

And while we are at it, you really shouldn't give any credit to JP for the win this weekend.  After all Green absolutely sucked at QB.  Of course, it may be because he is behind the worse line in the league at the moment, but why go there.

The QB is only one piece of the pie.  I'd like to see Brady play behind that KC line.

504332[/snapback]

Some QBs rise to the occasion and lead the team to victory, and others don't. Some QBs raise their level of play and that of those around them in big games, and some don't. Some QBs can win without everyone having to make excuses for them that their surrounding cast isn't perfect, and others just go out and get it done no matter WHO they line up with. Sooner or later, you have enough evidence to figure out what type of QB is leading your team.

Some QBs rise to the occasion and lead the team to victory, and others don't. Some QBs raise their level of play and those around them in big games, ond some don't. Some QBs can win without everyone having to make excuses for them that their surrounding cast is perfect, and others just go out and get it done no matter WHO they line up with. Sooner or later, you have enough evidence to figure out what type of QB is leading your team.

504347[/snapback]

Well put.

Some QBs rise to the occasion and lead the team to victory, and others don't. Some QBs raise their level of play and those around them in big games, ond some don't. Some QBs can win without everyone having to make excuses for them that their surrounding cast is perfect, and others just go out and get it done no matter WHO they line up with. Sooner or later, you have enough evidence to figure out what type of QB is leading your team.

504347[/snapback]

And sometimes you realize that having the best QB in the league does not guarantee you a championship, or even a Superbowl appearance.

CW