WGR

meazza

Hey guys, i'm from montreal and I'd like to know if there is a way of getting WGR radio or anyother buffalo bill type radio online.

502890[/snapback]

Everytime I go back to Buffalo I look forward to listening to the sports talk radio, WGR. And every time, I am amazed at how bad it is...WNSA was mucho better! I am not even sure I would listen to WGR if they broadcast online. It is depressingly bad.....

In Montreal, my guess is if you have a decent AM radio and you have time between 6-8 PM, try tuning in 1180 WHAM Rochester. At 6-8 there's the Bob Matthews show. Every night at 7 he has an hour of football. The schedule is

Monday-Steve Tasker,

Tuesday-Bills gang featuring reporters including my favorite-who some the younger people on the board have no appreciation for because they weren't around for his prime-Larry Felser.

Wednesday & Friday (I don't like his shows and rarely listen) Fred Smerlas

Thursday-Thursday night huddle with reporters.

Tuesday-Bills gang featuring reporters including my favorite-who some the younger people on the board have no appreciation for because they weren't around for his prime-Larry Felser.

503000[/snapback]

Not trying to be a wise-ass, but I am 40. Am I still too young to remember Felser at his prime? When was his prime?

Everytime I go back to Buffalo I look forward to listening to the sports talk radio, WGR.  And every time, I am amazed at how bad it is...WNSA was mucho better!  I am not even sure I would listen to WGR if they broadcast online.  It is depressingly bad.....

502953[/snapback]

I just found out in riding home from the Game this past Sunday that " The Coach" is doing pregame and post game shows on A.M. station 1180 i guess its called WHAM out of Rochester but i could get good reception going past Albany N.Y. . I dont listen to any of the other stations because the Coach now just talks football and he knows his stuff :blink:

i'll try the 1180 AM, see if it works but i'd also like to listen online. Ya WGR was pretty bad but i'd like to listen to people talking about the bills, im sick of all the mainstream crap and hearing about the colts, pats, habs and redsox

That'd be funnier if he was actually French and not Canadian.

503587[/snapback]

It wasn't supposed to be funny. I was pointing out the absurdity of his sig. Our president says plenty of unintentionally hilarious things. Jealous Canadians needn't embellish.

If I were making fun of the French I would have linked to this...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...rrender+monkeys

It wasn't supposed to be funny.  I was pointing out the absurdity of his sig.  Our president says plenty of unintentionally hilarious things.  Jealous Canadians needn't embellish. 

If I were making fun of the French I would have linked to this...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...rrender+monkeys

503868[/snapback]

what is more absurd? me putting a signature I found funny or you actually taking the time to research the !@#$ing thing you stupid peasent

go bills

what is more absurd? me putting a signature I found funny or you actually taking the time to research the !@#$ing thing you stupid peasent

go bills

503928[/snapback]

You are right. I apologize. I can’t believe the hours that I wasted.

Seriously, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that it was so easy to get a Canadian riled up. I hear prescription drugs are cheap up there. Maybe you should look into Prozac. It dulls you to the world. Since you enjoy walking through life with no clue, I figure that it's perfect.

I have to go now. I am still tired from earlier when I highlighted your sig and pasted it into google. Plus I have to get back to work or I will be a peasent forever.

How is Howard Simon on WGR? I always thought he was terrific on the FM station. Did WGR ruin him? I never could stand any of WGR's "personalities".

Simon rarely dealt in fake controversy (like most radio talk...as well a bunch of the stuff on ESPN: Around the Horn, nu skool vs. old school, the idiot Salsbury vs the dork Clayton, etc). He had thoughtful conversations...was critical w/o bashing...etc. He also usually let the callers talk even if they disagreed with him (unless they were obnoxious ranters).

So, what's become of him?

Everytime I go back to Buffalo I look forward to listening to the sports talk radio, WGR.  And every time, I am amazed at how bad it is...WNSA was mucho better!  I am not even sure I would listen to WGR if they broadcast online.  It is depressingly bad.....

502953[/snapback]

I used to enjoy it when The Coach was on. He was over the top but entertaining. I used to like Art Wander as well. He was so bad he was good. Had a certain charm that made him entertaining as well.

Not trying to be a wise-ass, but I am 40.  Am I still too young to remember Felser at his prime?  When was his prime?

503016[/snapback]

In his day, Felser did it all. He had national columns in The Sporting News, had his columns in the Buffalo News (and I think he was in the Courier Express before the BN) and did a radio show on WBEN. When I moved away from WNY (I was there from 1971-1982 missing parts of 1976, 77, 78 & all of 1979) I couldn't wait to read him in the Sporting News and I endured many a Monday night listening to a very static filled broadcast as I tried to get WBEN on.

I'd have to say if you can remember his time at The Sporting News & his Monday Night Quarterback show on WBEN, then you have seen him in his prime. I can't put exact dates to his prime.