Will LT break Jamel Lewis's Record next week

marck

I never said that they sucked, only that the current starting RB and WRs are better than the '81 team.  Joe Cribbbs had a few good seasons, sure.  But I guess you'd probably take Terry Miller over McGahee too, wouldn't you? :blink:

'81 was Lewis' best year in Bflo if memory serves.  But let's make sure I undertsnad, you're saying that if you had your choice you'd take an aged Lewis and a one-hit wonder like Jerry Butler over Moulds and Evans?  Nice.

Thank God you aren't calling the shots at OBD.

502936[/snapback]

Lewis and Butler were easily the equivalent of Moulds and Evans. Both lewis and Butler were terrific football players.

hope JP has a good game to further his development. That is far more important than a win or loss in this game. Short term, we arent going anywhere. Long term we need JP to become a player.

502731[/snapback]

Dude- we can win the AFC East. What do you mean we aren't going anywhere? Winning is the ONLY thing that is important.

Lewis and Butler were easily the equivalent of Moulds and Evans.
Easily? No way, but it's all opinion and hypotheticals, so we'll never really know. Moulds' career would probably be even better had he had the opportunity to play with one experienced vet QB during his tenure in Bflo like Butler and Lewis (after coming over from Pitt) did.

Both lewis and Butler were terrific football players.

502968[/snapback]

Lewis was decent in Bflo, probably better than he was in Pitt. He had a few good years, '81 being his best, but he was barely an above-average receiver at best when you take a look at his career.

Butler had 3 good seasons. The rest he averaged what, 15-20 catches per year? I wouldn't call that "terrific," but to each his own...

Easily?  No way, but it's all opinion and hypotheticals, so we'll never really know.  Moulds' career would probably be even better had he had the opportunity to play with one experienced vet QB during his tenure in Bflo like Butler and Lewis (after coming over from Pitt) did.

Lewis was decent in Bflo, probably better than he was in Pitt.  He had a few good years, '81 being his best, but he was barely an above-average receiver at best when you take a look at his career.

Butler had 3 good seasons.  The rest he averaged what, 15-20 catches per year?  I wouldn't call that "terrific," but to each his own...

502979[/snapback]

Yes, but we're comparing the '81 weapons to the '05. '05 may have a bunch of potential, but it hasn't shown up this season. '81 Butler over '05 Moulds, '81 Lewis over '05 Lee, easy.

And yes, I'd take '81 Cribbs over '05 WM in a heartbeat right now. Will WM become better than Cribbs? I hope so and expect so, but right now he's as good a workhorse but not nearly the threat.

Dude- we can win the AFC East. What do you mean we aren't going anywhere? Winning is the ONLY thing that is important.

502973[/snapback]

Maybe Im too negative. When I look at the Bills I see a below average football team. I am optimistic about thier future thought just not the immediate one. It would be nice if we could steal the afc east but the Bills would have to significantly improve thier game. Of course, if they did that I would get right on the bandwagon. In my opinion though, that isnt going to happen. They have shown little or no signs of being a contending quality team. Combine that with the second half schedule and it really is hard to be postive about it. I donno. Maybe im just getting too jaded and grumpy as years go by. Maybe the Bills have just broken me down to this point over the last 30 years or so. Sorry for being so negative. :blink:

I'm the last one to stick up for the poor talent we've got at DT, but there is one dynamic here that might work in our favor. As good as LT is, and IMO he's the most complete back in the game, his game is not the physical one that's been killing us Sundays like LJohnson or Carnell Williams- he's a guy who is more likely anyway to reach the second level because of his elusiveness. With LT it's a little more your LBs against him instead of your DTs, and in that we should fare a little better. Doesn't mean he won't carry the Charger's O, I just have some optimistic feelings about our ability to keep him from going off the charts.

502966[/snapback]

The difference here is that while KC was saddled as a Priestless Team this week, SD has both Gates and LT and a good OL and the only way to pull off this game is to hope that the entire SD team oversleeps.

all i know is i sure as hell will play LT against us in my fantasy team. i am not gonna smoke the "we will contain LT" pipe and watch the skies turn purple. they have gates too. he is TOUGH to tackle. if it happens that we end up ssomewhat limiting either one of them, then hey i guess i was wrong to doubt us. im not completely sayin we have no chance but i aint gonna say we have one either. GO BILLS!!

I know I'll get trashed for this, but start to really consider the possibilities.

502470[/snapback]

I am expecting Crow to slam him to the turf so hard that Mike Stratton's crash into San Diego RB Keith Lincoln will become an afterthought in football but whatever probabilities you want to have on Bills being destroyed are fine in your thoughts. I only try to think those kind of thoughts AFTER they occur otherwise WHY watch other than to be an anti-fan?

I'd rather consider your suggestion AFTER I was trashed.

I never said that they sucked, only that the current starting RB and WRs are better than the '81 team.  Joe Cribbbs had a few good seasons, sure.  But I guess you'd probably take Terry Miller over McGahee too, wouldn't you? :lol:

'81 was Lewis' best year in Bflo if memory serves.  But let's make sure I undertsnad, you're saying that if you had your choice you'd take an aged Lewis and a one-hit wonder like Jerry Butler over Moulds and Evans?  Nice.

Thank God you aren't calling the shots at OBD.

502936[/snapback]

ONE HIT WONDER???..how old are you???....Jerry Butler was just as good of a receiver as EM. His career was cut short at age 29-30 by injuries to his knee.Butler was one of the top 3 receivers in the NFL for years.

Willis has the potential to be better than Cribbs--he is bigger stronger and faster than Cribbs was---but Cribbs was an exceptionally smart,evasive runner who was also a terrific receiver.---Its NOT an obvious call like you think.