Official "Keep Losman in there" thread

Not really the point.  The OLine couldn't pick up a simple twist early in the game.  No QB is successful when they're regularly peeling interior lineman from their sternum.

501694[/snapback]

JP played a very good game today period. Yes, our O-Line is still one of the worst in football and if your going to put in a young QB mobile or not you have to give him protection. I think JP has a future at QB for the Bills but when will TD & Co realize that no matter who he inserts at QB the offense will struggle until the line gets fixed.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid looked pretty poised today, and his accuracy was a lot better.  I can't wait to see what he does with a dominating Willis.  Nice to see him connecting with Evans, too.

I think he needed this kind of win (off the bench, coming to the rescue).  We needed it, too.

I am so much more excited now that I'll (hopefully) be seeing JP play against Carolina instead of Holcomb.  No offense to the latter, but he doesn't get me excited about anything.  Today showed me that the future of the Bills could be really exciting (the young guys did pretty well on D too, btw).

501561[/snapback]

I still contend that if the Bills 2005 defense was playing like the 2004 D we never would have seen Holcomb. They would pretty much be like the Bears are playing, actually.

Not really the point.  The OLine couldn't pick up a simple twist early in the game.  No QB is successful when they're regularly peeling interior lineman from their sternum.

501694[/snapback]

JP was still seeing the rush. But he was able to avoid it a little better, you have to admit.

JP was still seeing the rush.  But he was able to avoid it a little better, you have to admit.

501721[/snapback]

Of course. That's the thing he currently brings to the table. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for him playing. Since they started the season with him, I don't think they ever should have benched him.

501694[/snapback]

Not to mention the fact that it took Holcomb's' injury to get the coaching staff to pull the plug on the "Mike Williams at left guard' experiment. WTF are they thinking half the time? Going for it on 4th & 1 is one thing, but calling a gadget play, against a d-line that had been blowing up the pass protection up to that point, was absurd....

Not to mention the fact that it took Holcomb's' injury to get the coaching staff to pull the plug on the "Mike Williams at left guard' experiment.  WTF are they thinking half the time?  Going for it on 4th & 1 is one thing, but calling a gadget play, against a d-line that had been blowing up the pass protection up to that point, was absurd....

501733[/snapback]

Mike Mularkey is no Charlie Weis.

I remember a couple of weeks ago when Weis was interviewed on the way to the locker room at half time. The interviewer asked him why ND kept throwing the ball and had only run it 3 times the entire half.

Weis said: If they're going to keep putting 8 and 9 men in the box, we're going to throw it on every down.

No overthinking it there.

The kid looked pretty poised today, and his accuracy was a lot better.  I can't wait to see what he does with a dominating Willis.  Nice to see him connecting with Evans, too.

I think he needed this kind of win (off the bench, coming to the rescue).  We needed it, too.

I am so much more excited now that I'll (hopefully) be seeing JP play against Carolina instead of Holcomb.  No offense to the latter, but he doesn't get me excited about anything.  Today showed me that the future of the Bills could be really exciting (the young guys did pretty well on D too, btw).

501561[/snapback]

Holcomb was Pathetic in there today its time to start JP for rest of the season I dont give a damn what the vets want

sign me up.  JP starts the rest of the year no matter what

501602[/snapback]

I'm certainly no Holcomb fan, particularly after the 4th & 7, 2 yard pass of two weeks ago, yet the inconsistency of the "O" under JP still bothers me. One decent throw (a bit under thrown, and one great throw for TD's, but the rest was still bothersome to watch.

Also, I'm more than tired of Clement's attempt at dink and dunk with an O-Line that simply does not get out in front of any of them. Yet, I saw KC do it successfully more than once today.

Not to mention the fact that it took Holcomb's' injury to get the coaching staff to pull the plug on the "Mike Williams at left guard' experiment.  WTF are they thinking half the time?  Going for it on 4th & 1 is one thing, but calling a gadget play, against a d-line that had been blowing up the pass protection up to that point, was absurd....

501733[/snapback]

you sure that wasn't a qb sneak?

Great job today JP.  Too bad next week he gonna get his a$$ handed to him at San Diego...as are the rest of the Bills.  Seriously, i don't see us having any shot to slow down LT or move well on their D, in their house.

501683[/snapback]

Isn't this the same thing the giants and atlanta fans said at their tailgate party today???

I've been in jp's corner all year and nobody knows what can happen next week, but one thing is for sure we need more fire power and scrambling ability......JP is the man for the job!!!

i was big time for the holcomb switch, in fact i think it should have happened 1 or 2 games earlier.

that said, the argument that you just can't learn from the bench is WRONG, jp learned to let it hang out a bit while sitting, and came out and got it done today.

jp should be our starter now

True, but if and that is a HUGE if, the Bills can go out to San Diego and win

501579[/snapback]

Not a chance in heck for the playoffs guys if you want JP. Remember he had a good home game before...JP was good today, but NO way does he lead the Bills to the playoffs in 2005.

If you wanted a chance for a playoff berth in 2005, KH was the choice for the road games...JP will be 10-26 144 yds 3 INT's next week Im afraid to say.

And believe me I hope Im dead wrong.

JP plays the rest of the season either way. Period.

If he wins in San Diego (very tough with the Bills run defense against LT) he clearly continues. If the Bills lose in San Diego, they are 4-6 and are ready to stick with JP for the future, and make any surprise playoff run with him.

Holcomb lost any chance at finising the season at the exact moment he fumbled against New England, not when his head hit the ground today.

Now I have to go pick out some tickets for Sunday's game, since my Bills will be playing right up the street.

JP plays the rest of the season either way.  Period.

If he wins in San Diego (very tough with the Bills run defense against LT) he clearly continues.  If the Bills lose in San Diego, they are 4-6 and are ready to stick with JP for the future, and make any surprise playoff run with him.

Holcomb lost any chance at finising the season at the exact moment he fumbled against New England, not when his head hit the ground today.

Now I have to go pick out some tickets for Sunday's game, since I'm a Buffalo transplant living two miles from Qualcomm Stadium.

502116[/snapback]

Normally a trip to the West Coast would be an impending disaster for an inexperienced QB like Losman. However, it is somewhat of a homecoming fr him and he really won't be playing in totally unfamiliar surroundings. A lot of friends and family. A west coast kid. I'm not saying the is not going to tank, because he very well may. But this may not be as bad as it could be.