Mike Williams

inkman

Wasn't that the the line of BS we were given at the end of last season? Mike Williams is "playing the best football of his career". I guess I should have interpreted that into: He's playing better than a college free agent tight end, for now. :lol:

That wasn't BS at all, I think the consensus is that, after week 6 or so, MW finally stepped up and played solid football, far better than what he showed us in the 2-1/3 years before that. Looked good this year too before the injury. :lol:

Mike Williams is "playing the best football of his career".

It wasn't BS at all. With Mike Williams, that's as good as it gets. Even the "best football" of his career wasn't even good enough to be considered marginally average by any standard.

It wasn't BS at all.  With Mike Williams, that's as good as it gets.  Even the "best football" of his career wasn't even good enough to be considered marginally average by any standard.

500841[/snapback]

Everyone keeps bashing this guy, while the fact is he has played 3 full games....Houston, Miami, and the Jets. We just happened to win all 3 of those.

People get all caught up in the fact he was the #4 pick. Who cares where he was picked, he's still a good football player. He may not play like 1st rd talent, but that doesn't mean he sucks. If we drafted him in the 3rd and were paying him $2.5 million a year, nobody would care. Sort of like Josh Reed...eeryone went nuts on him because he was drafted in the 30's and didn't have 1000yds. He's a solid receiver. If we drafted him in the 5th rd everyone would say he was a bargain for a 3rd receiver. Get rid of the dropsies, and he knows how to get open better than anyone else on this team.

The reason they are making this move is because Peters is better than Anderson, so if they want to keep him on the field, someone has to move.

I'm definitely not bashing big Mike. I personally don't care where he lines up, how much he's paid, or where he was drafted. I just felt like MW was maybe coming into his own last year and even in the beginning of this year, but for some reason everyone is dogging him and now the position change. Not to mention the injury thing. Is he still hurt? Why would you "demote" a guy if he is playing through injury? Is it easier to play guard with a dinged up leg or is someone trying to justify his salary by plugging him in somewhere (our weakest link) ? Nobody is telling us sh-- and we are supposed to make our own assumptions I guess. :lol:

people dog mike williams for the same reason why the dogged bledsoe and worshipped flutie; players with a high draft status and with a good pedigree are big fat targets for people to hate.

in the first few games of this year posters (at the other two boards for the bills, was not on this one myself) we talking about cutting moulds and playing JP because he is our future. moulds has been our second best player on O the last 4 games and JP looks shakey riding the bench.

people said anyone but drew, and now we are hoping JP or kelly become better players in a hurry while bledsoe is in dallas making a play off and probowl push.

the bottom line is if someone is draftede high negative Blo fans will get angry with them unless they are perfect.

mike williams is banged up (which might be his big shortcoming), but in the jets game he played great. he was burned early for a bad sack, but then shut down a highly rated jets pass rush and absolutely destroyed his man on many running plays.

he is what he is but still has potential and talent to play at a high level.

the irony of it all is that many of these same posters were all over kyle turley's jock, even tho he is an injury prone underperforming RT himself (he was LT at NO after roaf left and brooks got KILLED by guys coming free) mostly because of his out of control game costing helmet throw. and because people consider him "blue collar".

if we cut williams he would be picked up in days for a big long term contract, although prolly not as much as his current contract. we'd also be left without our best lineman (in terms of overall ability and talent anyhow)

The reason they are making this move is because Peters is better than Anderson, so if they want to keep him on the field, someone has to move.

Dude... you're missing something.

Mike Williams WAS NOT awarded Anderson's spot. Peters was awarded Williams spot. Anderson and Williams will split time according to the coaches. It will also be a game time decision as to who starts between those two...

Yes... this move was an indictment and conviction of Mike Williams. he just got his latest and last kick in the ass by the coaches. The coaches have made the determination that Mike Williams is a failure at right tackle. Williams last chance with this team is to fish or cut bait at guard. if he can't do that, he's going to be kicked to the curb.

Mike Williams WAS NOT awarded Anderson's spot.  Peters was awarded Williams spot.  Anderson and Williams will split time according to the coaches.  It will also be a game time decision as to who starts between those two...

Yes... this move was an indictment and conviction of Mike Williams.  he just got his latest and last kick in the ass by the coaches.  The coaches have made the determination that Mike Williams is a failure at right tackle.  Williams last chance with this team is to fish or cut bait at guard.  if he can't do that, he's going to be kicked to the curb.

500870[/snapback]

some truth to that, but if williams was healthy he'd be playing there and would be effective.

This whole line shuffle is nothing more than Mularkey looking for a "spark". Really, that is it. After 1.5 years, he has still not found the right combination of boys to play the game. I'm not sure if Mularkey, OR Clements, actually understands the intracacies involved. If they did, they wouldn't be shuffling because they would have identified their players AND had GOOD depth behind them. Of course, I am assuming that this "Head Coach" is allowed to pick who plays and who sits.

If Williams injury is bad enough for him to miss 4 or 5 games, I wouldn't think that sitting riding the bike will get him to the conditioning required to play in the NFL. Personally, shouldn't the guy go to IR if it's that bad, OR if he is sooooo far under 100%, he becomes a liability?????

McNally wanted Williams at Guard when he first got here, but was denied the power to determine who was best capable to fill the spots. It is just now, 1.5 years later, Mularkey/TD figured out that McNally knows his job as an o-line coach.

For Williams to be effective in the NFL, as a guard OR a tackle, the guy needs to get stronger in the lower body, AND he needs to loose a LOT of weight. This will help his get his footwork correct and increase his speed. It will also reduce the injuries he has been taking. Williams has neve finished a full season without lower extremety injuries.

This is the function of a real "Strength and Conditioning Coach" and this is where we are lacking; a real coach that understands conditioning.

It wasn't BS at all.  With Mike Williams, that's as good as it gets.  Even the "best football" of his career wasn't even good enough to be considered marginally average by any standard.

500841[/snapback]

Did you watch the games? Mike Williams was mauling people at the end of last year. If he kept that play up and continued to improve he would be playing very well right now.

That obviously didn't happen, but MW was playing very well during the 2nd half of last year.

Mike Williams WAS NOT awarded Anderson's spot.  Peters was awarded Williams spot.  Anderson and Williams will split time according to the coaches.  It will also be a game time decision as to who starts between those two...

Yes... this move was an indictment and conviction of Mike Williams.  he just got his latest and last kick in the ass by the coaches.  The coaches have made the determination that Mike Williams is a failure at right tackle.  Williams last chance with this team is to fish or cut bait at guard.  if he can't do that, he's going to be kicked to the curb.

500870[/snapback]

I can't believe I'm even bothering against the "broken record," but the move was a way to find a way that Mike could play and be productive while dealing with his injury. Sounds to me more like MW is unwilling to sit out games in order to heal fully, unlike your "cry-baby" assertions all through the year. Further, guard would be easier on his ankle, and Anderson couldn't block Stojan's grandmother. So it's a move to maximize MW's productivity while injured and get Anderson's ass off the field.

So, to summarize your viewpoints:

-If he sits and rests his injury he's a cry-baby.

-If he toughs it out and plays right tackle with the injury, which he has, and the injury makes him less productive, he sucks as a player.

-If he toughs it out and plays left guard, a position that can make him more productive playing on the injury, he's a failure at right tackle and the demotion is proof of it.

Did I miss anything? :lol:

This whole rag on Williams reminds me of another Bills offensive lineman who, despite pretty decent play, was run out of town by fans and media.  Glenn Parker went on to play several more years and was voted the MVP of KC, an honor not often bestowed on an O lineman.

500919[/snapback]

I thought you meand Ruben Brown.