Holcomb to Start vs. KC

Don't know how many people caught TD on Shred and Ragan this morning on 103.3. I heard a few minutes of him this morning on my way to work and he said Holcomb will be the starter cause they still have a chance at the playoffs and he has played well. He says the desicions are up to MM but KH will start this week.

Looking at our upcoming schedule and looking at NE's upcoming schedule, I don't see how it is possible that we get by them unless NE completly implodes and we get a few breaks along the way.

He also said they have been looking into getting some long balls to Evans and Parrish, although I don't know how with Holcombs arm, but then I don't know their definition of what is long (maybe 10 yards)

All I know is that it is going to be a long 8 weeks

Good, KH should start. Maybe he is now getting into a "groove" and who knows? 9-7 might win the AFC East. Personally i think the BIlls are not a playoff caliber team and the JP fans will get their wish soon enough. JP will probably get 3 or 4 more starts to prove his worth before the season is done but for now i agree with starting KH.

I seem to remember someone saying something in all the "start Losman" threads about Mularkey already saying that Holcomb would get the start, but can't remember who...  :D

498518[/snapback]

If you find out, let me know :o

Looking at our upcoming schedule and looking at NE's upcoming schedule, I don't see how it is possible that we get by them unless NE completly implodes and we get a few breaks along the way.

It all starts this week with the Bills beating the Chiefs at home, and the Patriots being upset in Miami!

The Pats have not won consecutive games all year, they've been beaten very soundly at home twice, and have three wins by the very skin of their teeth. I the Bills would be very foolish to assume that the Patriots couldn't go 5-3 the rest of the way. If we tie at 9-7, with the Bills beating the Pats at home, we'll have a decent strong shot at the tiebreaker, particularly if the Bills win out in the division.

JDG

On Brad Davies (Rochester radio) they had a KC broadcaster on who said don't even bother to run. Just throw the ball 60 times and you can take down the Chiefs.

If that's the game plan then I'm all for Holcomb starting this game over JP.

On Brad Davies (Rochester radio) they had a KC broadcaster on who said don't even bother to run. Just throw the ball 60 times and you can take down the Chiefs.

498550[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure that's going to happen. Our pass protection is stellar and we don't need to run the ball. :D

To all the people saying they said it earlier, thats great I probably read what you said earlier too, but what were you basing it by? Your own opinion our somebody in the Bills organisation? I'm just stating that this is what the GM of the team said during a radio show this morning. I'll take that as fact over "the pats lost so we are not out yet, Holcomb is starting"

It all starts this week with the Bills beating the Chiefs at home, and the Patriots being upset in Miami!

The Pats have not won consecutive games all year, they've been beaten very soundly at home twice, and have three wins by the very skin of their teeth.  I the Bills would be very foolish to assume that the Patriots couldn't go 5-3 the rest of the way.  If we tie at 9-7, with the Bills beating the Pats at home, we'll have a decent strong shot at the tiebreaker, particularly if the Bills win out in the division.

JDG

498532[/snapback]

This could be true (except for the dolphins winning, I really doubt that is gonna happen) but I'm looking at the fact that the Bills are going into one of the hardest schedules for their remaining 8 games and NE has one of the easier schedules for the remaining games. The Bills have not shown we can beat the harder teams so why is that gonna change now.

I think that if Buffalo had beaten the Pats on Sunday night we would be looking at something completly different. I think that was the difference maker this season.

To all the people saying they said it earlier, thats great I probably read what you said earlier too, but what were you basing it by? Your own opinion our somebody in the Bills organisation? I'm just stating that this is what the GM of the team said during a radio show this morning. I'll take that as fact over "the pats lost so we are not out yet, Holcomb is starting"

498623[/snapback]

OMFG

It was MM himself on his radio show.

If we tie at 9-7, with the Bills beating the Pats at home, we'll have a decent strong shot at the tiebreaker, particularly if the Bills win out in the division.

JDG

498532[/snapback]

How can anybody reasonably expect this Bills team to go 6-2 against the schedule we face in the second half of the season? I keep hearing that 9-7 might get it done, but I'm wondering where all these wins are going to come from?

The only games I see the Bills having a realistic shot at winning the rest of the way are against KC, Miami and the Jets. I'm sure they'll lose at least one of these and pick up a win they're not "supposed" to get, but there's no way in hell this team is going to put up 9 wins.

Lol,  maybe if I get more "flashy" or outlandish with my responses people will see them  :o

498592[/snapback]

I would suggest opening your posts with some basic name calling. Also, its never a bad idea to make up some unfounded facts so you can blantantly throw in the :D smilie. That seems to do the trick for some posters here.

How can anybody reasonably expect this Bills team to go 6-2 against the schedule we face in the second half of the season?  I keep hearing that 9-7 might get it done, but I'm wondering where all these wins are going to come from?

The only games I see the Bills having a realistic shot at winning the rest of the way are against KC, Miami and the Jets.  I'm sure they'll lose at least one of these and pick up a win they're not "supposed" to get, but there's no way in hell this team is going to put up 9 wins.

498633[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better myself -

If this team wins 9 games I will walk barefoot from Philly to Buffalo and you can quote me on that.