Mike Williams at Left Guard (per V-Coach)

JCBoston

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a good argument for getting your five best players on the field. Anderson has been a rather large disappointment this year, and Peters has been quite a pleasant surprise in his ascension. Plus, Mike Williams has been struggling with his ankle. he may be able to push forward on it but not be able to backpedal as quick as he needs to face speed rushers and DEs, but quick enough to handle DTs and fat guys like him in the middle.

496986[/snapback]

You nailed it, as described by MM himself on his radio show this evening. :o

why can't we put MW at LT?

497270[/snapback]

yea my ? also...how much different is it to play LT from RT?...Is bennie responsable for all the mistakes gandy has made as well?...what if they moved MW to LT and then put Preston in as LG leave TT at C and CV at RG with Peters at RT....im not impressed with either players on the left side this year...i swear i hear #66 and # 69 called each game for penalties...

It sounds like this could also be a move to faze MW out of the picture next season if things don't work out. My only question is if we are trying to get our best five on the field, why not move Teague to LT and start Preston at center?

It sounds like this could also be a move to faze MW out of the picture next season if things don't work out.  My only question is if we are trying to get our best five on the field, why not move Teague to LT and start Preston at center?

497503[/snapback]

Ink... I think you've got it nailed... I bet this is the next move on the agenda, but they just don't want to mix things up too much all at once. They are run blocking pretty well and too many moves all at once would surely create too much chaos. If Preston continues to play well at guard in spot duty, you can count on him getting the shot at center next season and Teague will be tried at LT or released.

Shovel

It sounds like this could also be a move to faze MW out of the picture next season if things don't work out.  My only question is if we are trying to get our best five on the field, why not move Teague to LT and start Preston at center?

497503[/snapback]

If you want the best 5 on the field, I would think you'd bench Teague and keep Gandy:

Gandy-MW-Preston-CV-Peters

But apparently Preston doesn't have the experience yet to make such a mid-season switch.

MW is gone after this season if he doesnt take a dramatic pay cut. I tihnk you guys are forgetting that we drafted him 4th in the draft. This should be a bigger deal than "our Oline is getting better". Am I the only one getting tired of watching basement dwellers like the Bengals and Bears getting better while our team sucks it up

:devil:

MW is gone after this season if he doesnt take a dramatic pay cut. I tihnk you guys are forgetting that we drafted him 4th in the draft. This should be a bigger deal than "our Oline is getting better". Am I the only one getting tired of watching basement dwellers like the Bengals and Bears getting better while our team sucks it up

497618[/snapback]

Yep, it's just you. All the rest of the Bills faithful enjoy watching the team struggle. It's our inferiority complex.

We should make a big deal about a player drafted 4th overall moving from tackle to guard. We should demand that they cut him NOW. That will make us better. Or we could fire the whole coaching staff and bring in a real Offensive Line coach.

Sorry, I'm just not sure what you want the fans to do