End to major operations in Iraq

todd

Are you really going to make me write?  The terrorist guerillas are following the way of the Nazi Werewolf, with the main differences being number of guerilla and the longer time it will take to end it’s activities because of the media and porous borders.

1) Both the Werewolves and Iraqi guerillas (IG) have successfully used fear to their advantage.  Both have killed compliant citizens and both have killed new government officials.  Yes the IG has a higher body count but their tactics are no more effective then were the werewolves.  More and more new Iraqi troops are being trained each day. The political process is continuing.  New leaders, new constitution and the IG have not been able to do a thing to stop it.

2) Both have sought to manipulate the American and international press.  We know how the liberal media is portraying the war.  Many articles in the New York Times predicted doom and gloom for Germany in 1945.  The Werewolf’s dropped propaganda leaflets and carried out similar bombings.  The jury is still out on whether the IG media manipulation will be effective or not, they are getting a lot of help from the liberals stateside. The IG are not bombing to reduce the numbers of US troops they are bombing to weaken US resolve back home. This is manipulation of media in its purist form. Also, the liberals want a Democrat president and house and see this as a good club right or wrong.

3) Both in the beginning have twisted and used the peoples desire not to be “occupied” to they advantage.  When the people rejected them and no longer believed in their lies and started to engage the reconstruction in Germany and the political process in Iraq (Sunni involvement in political process was a big step), both the werewolves and Iraqi Guerillas turned on their own people but this had very little impact on the progress.  This was the end of the werewolves at this point.  Will continued political progress be the end of the Iraqi terrorists; I don’t know they are still able to effectively manipulate the American media, which may keep them around for much longer then the werewolves.

498962[/snapback]

Anytime the Nazi's are raised one has to suspect the speakers agenda... Perhaps you should phrase your argument in terms of something less-strawman. You have convinced me that the best analogy for the Iraqi resistence would be (substituting for the werewolves) the confederate resistance after the civil war.

I'm sure that will play well.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickey, have you always been this long winded, ever hear of an abstract or just boiling it down.  After the first 2 sentences you might as well insert BLAH, BLAH, BLAH cause I ain’t reading it.  No one wants to hear you blather on for another paragraph except maybe Tom and his like.  BTW, how does a person like you working in the health care field get all this free time?

500573[/snapback]

I don't work in the health care field but then again, getting facts straight isn't exactly your long suit is it?

I don't work in the health care field but then again, getting facts straight isn't exactly your long suit is it?

500751[/snapback]

This is refreshing you actually got your point across in one sentence, good job. You don’t know how glad I am to learn that you have nothing to with the health field anymore. There is no room in that field for incompetence due to inattention.

This is refreshing you actually got your point across in one sentence, good job. You don’t know how glad I am to learn that you have nothing to with the health field anymore.  There is no room in that field for incompetence due to inattention.

500776[/snapback]

Have a nice vacation.

This is refreshing you actually got your point across in one sentence, good job. You don’t know how glad I am to learn that you have nothing to with the health field anymore.  There is no room in that field for incompetence due to inattention.

500776[/snapback]

Hyuk, hyuk, hyuk. Were you a writer for Hee-Haw?

What exactly was she famous for anyway?  I know she was a singer but all I can recall is her being a perennial guest on all those variety shows.  Remember variety shows?

502258[/snapback]

Sadly, yes. I used to watch Dean Martin just to watch the Golddiggers, and the occasional appearance by Joey Heatherton.

Sadly, yes. I used to watch Dean Martin just to watch the Golddiggers, and the occasional appearance by Joey Heatherton.

502661[/snapback]

Joey Heatherton, didn't she make a fortune doing mattress commercials? Great dancer, always wore short skirts if I remember correctly.

Even I'm not old enough to remember when Dean Martin had a show. Please tell me you only saw them in reruns.

Nope he probably saw them live. He is about the same age as me. Dean would come out and grab a drink from one of the Golddiggers and start with the jokes.

I think Joey Heatherton became somewhat psycho. Would make for an interesting night.

Joey Heatherton, didn't she make a fortune doing mattress commercials?  Great dancer, always wore short skirts if I remember correctly.

Even I'm not old enough to remember when Dean Martin had a show.  Please tell me you only saw them in reruns.

502726[/snapback]

Joey

I saw her doing a USO tour with Bob Hope in Vietnam.  Quite a looker.  Also had some Miss USA candidates with him.  Didn't find Bob all that attractive, but he sure knew what we really wanted to see.

504736[/snapback]

The little black "swimsuit" and boots doing the Watusi. I think all of about 19 years old then, and uber-hot.

Joey Heatherton, didn't she make a fortune doing mattress commercials?  Great dancer, always wore short skirts if I remember correctly.

Even I'm not old enough to remember when Dean Martin had a show.  Please tell me you only saw them in reruns.

502726[/snapback]

Wasn't she married to Lance Rentzel while he was running around town exposing himself to young girls?

Edit: Never mind. I answered my own question.

What a dumb scumbag!