Time for Brett Favre to retire

Fezmid

When was the last time he had a good game...? Packers should've beaten the Steelers today, but Favre blew it all game long. Just now, he could've easily run for a first down (on 4th and 4); instead he throws a wild pass 30 yards downfield to the endzone, incomplete and pretty much game over.

How the mighty have fallen :ph34r:

When was the last time he had a good game...?  Packers should've beaten the Steelers today, but Favre blew it all game long.  Just now, he could've easily run for a first down (on 4th and 4); instead he throws a wild pass 30 yards downfield to the endzone, incomplete and pretty much game over.

How the mighty have fallen :ph34r:

496393[/snapback]

Are you kidding me?

10/23

28/36 315 yards 2 tds 0 ints 121.6 rating

10/09

19-27 215 yards 2 tds o ints 130.9 rating

10/03

28/47 303 yards 4 tds 1 int 98.1 rating

His #1 and #2 RBs are injured. The guy that started today had 1 career carry previously.

His oline is among the worst in th NFL

His #1, 2 and 3 WRs are injured and he still puts up those numbers

Brett Favre haters keep hating. He still is among the top QBs in the NFL

Are you kidding me?

10/23

28/36 315 yards 2 tds 0 ints 121.6 rating

10/09

19-27 215 yards 2 tds o ints 130.9 rating

10/03

28/47 303 yards 4 tds 1 int 98.1 rating

His #1 and #2 RBs are injured.  The guy that started today had 1 career carry previously.

His oline is among the worst in th NFL

His #1, 2 and 3 WRs are injured and he still puts up those numbers

Brett Favre haters keep hating.  He still is among the top QBs in the NFL

496396[/snapback]

Did you watch him play today? TERRIBLE plays all game long, and not all of them were because of good plays by Pittsburgh. Again I bring up the 4th and 4 where he threw instead of ran. On the next 4th down he had, he threw the ball well short and low. The Packers are 1-7, and he's a big part of it. Yes, his receivers have had a rash of injuries, but they weren't all in one week -- Favre has been in decline for some time.

CW

Not to stir things up...but any chance he comes to buffalo next year? Hear me out before you go crazy...

1) The city of Buffalo is similar to green bay. Similar climates and people.

2) JP and Favre seem to have a good relationship, and who better to mentor the kid than his idol.

3) If Favre came back, he would undoubtably want to go to a team on the brink. Our Defense should be solid, he has a ton of weapons on Offense.

Everything seems like its a perfect match. Of course, this is assuming he would leave green bay for another team. I think this situation would be as close to ideal as it could get for all paties involved.

You mean he should retire, because for the second consecutive week, he's had receivers drop passes that were squarely in the numbers, or worse tipped up for INTs?

496397[/snapback]

No, it'd be more about the bad plays he commits, starting last season. Yeah, he's still decent, but his skills have declined so much that it's sad to watch how far he's fallen.

CW

Did you watch him play today?  TERRIBLE plays all game long, and not all of them were because of good plays by Pittsburgh.  Again I bring up the 4th and 4 where he threw instead of ran.  On the next 4th down he had, he threw the ball well short and low.  The Packers are 1-7, and he's a big part of it.  Yes, his receivers have had a rash of injuries, but they weren't all in one week -- Favre has been in decline for some time.

CW

496398[/snapback]

I'd say, much as with Drew, right now if you surrounded the guy with a decent O-Line and some playmakers, he could still get it done. Remove his weapons and he's going to force things and try and do it all himself. He has a tendency to do that anyway (remember that Rams playoff game a few years ago?).

Pitt's D was also in Favre's face all game. They'll do that. It's one of the reasons why they are one of the better teams in the AFC. Towards the end they were just harrassing him. I agree he certainly could have made better decisions, but to say the guy is out-and-out done is questionable.

You mean he should retire, because for the second consecutive week, he's had receivers drop passes that were squarely in the numbers, or worse tipped up for INTs?

496397[/snapback]

Their D is brutal and the RB they used had one career carry entering today. I saw drops all over the place again.

Yup, it's ALL Favre.

Draft Leinart... that will cure everything.

Did you watch him play today?  TERRIBLE plays all game long, and not all of them were because of good plays by Pittsburgh.  Again I bring up the 4th and 4 where he threw instead of ran.  On the next 4th down he had, he threw the ball well short and low.  The Packers are 1-7, and he's a big part of it.  Yes, his receivers have had a rash of injuries, but they weren't all in one week -- Favre has been in decline for some time.

CW

496398[/snapback]

Yes I watched that game and the Pack would of been blown out if it were not for Brett Favre. Driver deflected a perfectly thrown pass for an interception that set up a Steelers score. Sure he could of ran for the first down at the end but that is not Favres style- never was. Favre always looks deep. The Pack need two scores in 4 minutes and Franks was isolated in one on one coverage. It looked like Franks broke the wrong way too. So let me get this straight- Favre plays a very tough Pitt defense with a sh------- offensive line, a RB with one career carry and his first 3 WRs out and you are gonna berate him? Name one QB that would of done as well today under those circumstances

Again I bring up the 4th and 4 where he threw instead of ran. 

The really funny part of that play was Phil Simms. After Favre chose not to run for the easy first down and instead throws the ball up for grabs about 40 yards into the end zone, Simms actually praises him, excusing the horrible decision making by saying "he's the kind of guy that wants to make plays!" :ph34r: Yeah, instead of making first downs and creating scoring drives. If JP or some other young QB did the same thing, they would be savaged for such poor decision making. We'd hear about 'rookie mistakes' all day.

Nice to see that the media's Brett Favre AssHats still fit.

So let me get this straight- Favre plays a very tough Pitt defense with a sh------- offensive line, a RB with one career carry and his first 3 WRs out and you are gonna berate him?

No, as I said his decline started last year. He's been throwing bad passes for well over a year. The guy has *13* interceptions this year. Guess who has thrown more INTs this year? Nobody! And the only people close are Culpepper (who was terrible this year) and Aaron Brooks (who was also terrible, save the game against Buffalo).

You can't blame all of his woes on the injuries the team has.

CW

No, as I said his decline started last year.  He's been throwing bad passes for well over a year.  The guy has *13* interceptions this year.  Guess who has thrown more INTs this year?  Nobody!  And the only people close are Culpepper (who was terrible this year) and Aaron Brooks (who was also terrible, save the game against Buffalo).

You can't blame all of his woes on the injuries the team has.

CW

496409[/snapback]

kinda reminded me of the last days of Jim Kelly...kinda sad.

Not to stir things up...but any chance he comes to buffalo next year?  Hear me out before you go crazy...

1) The city of Buffalo is similar to green bay.  Similar climates and people.

2) JP and Favre seem to have a good relationship, and who better to mentor the kid than his idol.

3) If Favre came back, he would undoubtably want to go to a team on the brink.  Our Defense should be solid, he has a ton of weapons on Offense.

Everything seems like its a perfect match.  Of course, this is assuming he would leave green bay for another team.  I think this situation would be as close to ideal as it could get for all paties involved.

496399[/snapback]

One thing I don't like about Favre is that he has been coddled for so long that he doesn't think he needs to adapt, which in his case would be to play smarter football.

The guy is still a great athlete, thrower, passer. He's much better off physically than Marino/Elway/Kelly were at the same point in their careers, but they actually became BETTER QB's in their mid-30's while Favre just keeps making mistakes you would expect from a guy with 150 less career starts. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him, but he could easily be separating himself from the pack of great QB's of all time right now and he's not getting it done.

I also think his constant retirement talk is baloney. This guy wants to play, he just wants to dictate the terms. He keeps talking about how he's a winner and that he knows he what it takes to win, but the mistakes he keeps making are mental mistakes and it seems maybe he does need someone to keep him in line.

One thing I don't like about Favre is that he has been coddled for so long that he doesn't think he needs to adapt, which in his case would be to play smarter football. 

The guy is still a great athlete, thrower, passer.  He's much better off physically than Marino/Elway/Kelly were at the same point in their careers, but they actually became BETTER QB's in their mid-30's while Favre just keeps making mistakes you would expect from a guy with 150 less career starts.  Don't get me wrong, I'd take him, but he could easily be separating himself from the pack of great QB's of all time right now and he's not getting it done.

I also think his constant retirement talk is baloney.  This guy wants to play, he just wants to dictate the terms.  He keeps talking about how he's a winner and that he knows he what it takes to win, but the mistakes he keeps making are mental mistakes and it seems maybe he does need someone to keep him in line.

496450[/snapback]

Kelly and Marino did NOT become better QBs in their 30s..come ON!!!!--Kelly could barely move his arm and shoulder by the time he was 34--he looked like an old man because of the shoulder probs.Marino couldnt move at all cuz of the bad leg. ELWAY MAY have become a better QB to about age 35--soI'll give you that one.

Kelly and Marino did NOT become better QBs in their 30s..come ON!!!!--Kelly could barely move his arm and shoulder by the time he was 34--he looked like an old man because of the shoulder probs.Marino couldnt move at all cuz of the bad leg. ELWAY MAY have become a better QB to about age 35--soI'll give you that one.

496520[/snapback]

I meant MID 30s in ref to kelly/marino

Not to stir things up...but any chance he comes to buffalo next year?  Hear me out before you go crazy...

1) The city of Buffalo is similar to green bay.  Similar climates and people.

3) If Favre came back, he would undoubtably want to go to a team on the brink.  Our Defense should be solid, he has a ton of weapons on Offense.

Everything seems like its a perfect match.  Of course, this is assuming he would leave green bay for another team.  I think this situation would be as close to ideal as it could get for all paties involved.

496399[/snapback]

Great idea! Maybe we can sign some washed-up O-lineman to block for him too. :ph34r:

PTR

Why the f does everyone want to put Brett Favre out to pasture?????? He is the one player in the nfl (non-Bills) that I enjoy watching anytime. So he's had a rough patch. Who cares - it's still enjoyable to watch him play football. He brings a joy to the game that most of today's superstars lack and this year he's working without a supporting cast.

Take away ANY quarterback's running back, number 1 receiver and two of his long time linemen and watch what happens - they'll collapse faster than a house of cards. At least Favre is still back there trying. The majority of today's so called superstars would be complaining to the media, calling their agents to get them traded or faking an injury to get off the field.

It seems like the folks who are pushing Favre to the curb have the same mentality as the ones who were booing Jimbo and pushing for Todd Collins in '96. You need to enjoy the ride folks, quarterbacks like Favre are special and when they're gone - they're gone forever.