Best Simpsons Episode

meazza

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best episode of the simpsons still isn't as funny as the worst episode of family guy...

NEW ONE TONIGHT!!!

496414[/snapback]

Simpsons gave me 18 years of laughs, and you're going to compare to 4 seasons of Family Guy. They are both great shows but Simpsons in its prime was way better than Family Guy.

Simpsons gave me 18 years of laughs, and you're going to compare to 4 seasons of Family Guy.  They are both great shows but Simpsons in its prime was way better than Family Guy.

496419[/snapback]

18 years of laughs? Try about 4 years of laughs, and 14 years of mediocrity.

Never saw a family guy episode that wasn't hilarious. Tenure doesn't always decide which is better.

I'll watch the simpsons tonight, just because the I can't watch the TO-fest that is bound to start on ESPN.

But family guy is in a league of it's own.

18 years of laughs? Try about 4 years of laughs, and 14 years of mediocrity.

Never saw a family guy episode that wasn't hilarious. Tenure doesn't always decide which is better. 

I'll watch the simpsons tonight, just because the I can't watch the TO-fest that is bound to start on ESPN.

But family guy is in a league of it's own.

496437[/snapback]

i disagree but whatever it's your choice

oh yeah, and the simpsons is highly sophisticated, right?

:ph34r:

496443[/snapback]

Actually, yes. It is a very clever show with an endless supply of subtle cultural/historical references, parodies of film/stage/TV/literature classics, etc. It reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons in that way. Remember that the Simpsons got their start on the Tracey Ullman show, a critically acclaimed variety show, lauded for its originality and creativity.

I must have only seen the bad episodes, but from what I've seen of the Family Guy, it's pretty much just straight potty jokes.

Saturdays of Thunder...The soapbox derby episode.

Flaming Moes....Might have been the funniest, cleverest half hour of TV I've ever seen.

It's a tough call, because the Homer in Space ep is also brilliant. Quite frankly, the Simpsons may go down as the best sitcom of all time.

Never saw a family guy episode that wasn't hilarious.

496437[/snapback]

What about "There's Something About Paulie?" That episode was awful.

But I hear ya. Family Guy is much better than Simpsons right now. Even so, I have a hard time saying anything bad about the Simpsons. Family Guy owes a lot to them, as do all other sitcoms that followed.

BTW, my nomination for best Simpsons episode ever was the one where Homer was accused of sexual harassment :( .

EDIT: Anyone watching the War at Home? Terrible. Just terrible. :ph34r: