T. Owens Suspended Indefinitely

Mark VI

Bwahahahahahahaha   :)

495822[/snapback]

That T.O. is one class act he is...I can't believe some of the "maroons" around here who would "take him in a heartbeat". The guy is a malignant cancer and he's single handedly taking down the Iggles from a SB contender to an also ran. He's arguably the best receiver in football, but having him around is like signing a pact with the devil...you'll love it at first but eventually you'll have to pay. If he's frequently taking shots at Donovan McNabb, imagine what he'd be saying about the Bills' QBs.

That T.O is one class act he is...I can't believe some of the "maroons" around here who would "take him in a heartbeat". The guy is a malignant cancer and he's single handedly taking down the Iggles from a SB contender to an also ran. He's arguably the best receiver in football, but having him around is like signing a pact with the devil...you'll love it at first but eventually you'll have to pay. If he's frequently taking shots at Donovan McNabb, imagine what he'd be saying about the Bills' QBs.

495827[/snapback]

he'd set the field on fire if JP was his QB

That T.O is one class act he is...I can't believe some of the "maroons" around here who would "take him in a heartbeat". The guy is a malignant cancer and he's single handedly taking down the Iggles from a SB contender to an also ran. He's arguably the best receiver in football, but having him around is like signing a pact with the devil...you'll love it at first but eventually you'll have to pay. If he's frequently taking shots at Donovan McNabb, imagine what he'd be saying about the Bills' QBs.

495827[/snapback]

My guess is that there's some fans who are so fed up w/ the Bills losing and missing the playoffs that they'd take anything that could rectify that problem without realizing the problems such a move would bring.

What did Owens say that was so demoralizing to the eagles? That Brett Favre is a warrior? That Mcnabb's injury is effecting team play? Was it quotes like this that hurt the eagles

"I honestly feel with playmakers like myself, L.J. [smith], and obviously Brian Westbrook, that we could've gotten back in the game, and that we did."

or maybe this.....

"It's hard to win ball games when you have turnovers, and we had a turnover right when we were about to go in to probably tie the game. That killed our momentum and killed our drive."- TO on the denver/eagles game

or maybe it was this.....

Owens also was asked about how Donovan McNabb's injuries have affected the Eagles' performance this season.

"Our wins and losses are really predicated on how he plays," he said of McNabb.

Don't most people believe that how your quaterback plays effects your chances of winning a game? But let's not let facts get in the way of spinning comments out of context...... :)

That his teammate, McNabb, is so horrible that the team would be better if Brett "5 INT" Favre were the QB?

There's absolutely no excuse for regularly belittling your own teammates.

495841[/snapback]

He didn't belittle McNabb. He just let him know that he's no Favre. Nothing wrong w/ that. The guy's a warrior.

What?  He's not a warrior?

495851[/snapback]

I heard Golden State would be interested if the Eagles cut him. You probably heard that he's a warrior on ESBN...between Bruschi (We're not worthy!) is Jesus Bruschi (We're not worthy!) stories, of course.

And just like that, my fantasy football season is over.

By the way, see if you can pick out the gem from this T.O. quotation:

"They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

"MY PUBLICIST" - T.O. has a publicist?? Who the fug is it, Karl Rove? Is there anyone in the world failing more at their job right now than T.O.'s publicist? The guy has likely talked himself out of millions...

Eagles | Owens Suspended for Week 9

Sat, 5 Nov 2005 09:49:11 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens (ankle) will not make the trip with the team and has been suspended for at least Week 9. The move comes after Owens again bashed the team. WR Reggie Brown is expected to start in Owens' place.

Eagles | Owens Suspended for Week 9

Sat, 5 Nov 2005 09:49:11 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens (ankle) will not make the trip with the team and has been suspended for at least Week 9. The move comes after Owens again bashed the team. WR Reggie Brown is expected to start in Owens' place.

495878[/snapback]

how can a team that passes 99% of the time bench their top receiver??? A guy who made Champ Bailey look like Chris Watson , ok he was injured... grr there goes 1st place in the FF pool :)

I think it's better that they bench their best reciever....because as good as he is statistically, he is a detrament to the team. He does nothing but create contraversey, and that is the last thing a team needs. In my opinon, he does more bad than good.

I think this is a great move by Andy Reid....kudos.

peace,

Steve

I think it's better that they bench their best reciever....because as good as he is statistically, he is a detrament to the team. He does nothing but create contraversey, and that is the last thing a team needs. In my opinon, he does more bad than good.

I think this is a great move by Andy Reid....kudos.

peace,

Steve

495894[/snapback]

the same way that Moss was a detriment to his team and was traded, and look at the Vikes now.. people dont realize what kind of an effect a player of his caliber brings to any team, but i do agree that he is classless, but hey didnt the Eagles know that before they signed him?

TO only said things about his teammates that Moulds and other Bills vets have supposedly said about some of theirs - specifically JP, and Moulds has been applauded here for doing that.

What got TO suspended was he said the Iggles organization "lacked class" for not recognizing his 100th career TD during the game. What the F! Shine that light on ME!

We won't have to worry about Moulds saying something like that about the Bills when he celebrates his 100th TD. He's got 47 receiving and 1 on a KO return so far. Guess he's not half the receiver TO is afterall - at least by some standards.

What did Owens say that was so demoralizing to the eagles?  That Brett Favre is a warrior?  That Mcnabb's injury is effecting team play?  Was it quotes like this that hurt the eagles

or maybe this.....

or maybe it was this.....

Don't most people believe that how your quaterback plays effects your chances of winning a game?  But let's not let facts get in the way of spinning comments out of context...... :)

495838[/snapback]

What you seem to be missing is that none of the comments you quoted him saying is what got him suspended.

Doens't Rosenhaus tell his clients, PSST don't bash your organization on National TV, i mean Rosenhaus knows that this will lead to negative publicity and possibly an even cheaper contract next time around... overall i think the next team to sign TO will have a clause that if he does anything dumb, he should be released, no questions asked.