if i had to pick 1 player in nfl history that

I think people are being a little too hard on Crowell. He's been semi-effective as a blitzer and made a few nice coverage plays. Where I'm most disappointed in him is at stopping the run, but thats what Spikes is likely best at so it's tough to make a comparison. I'd say that at this point Crowell is better than Posey, but I don't know how big of a reach that is to say.

People just need to remember that he's not TKO, and because of that he will never be appreciated for the good things he does, but rather lamented for those which he doesn't do so well.

THe kid is young and has plenty of time to improve. At the end of the season we'll have a much better idea of what this kid really has.

I think Bosworth nailed it. A huge amount of hype (great defense, '85 Bears, etc.) and not much production. His career ended the night he went one on one with Bo Jacson at the 3 yard line and found himself on his butt 3 yards deep in the endzone. Kind of like the Bills defense being run over by LaMont Jordan and Curtis Martin in consecutive weeks.

Brian Bosworth

493931[/snapback]

Angelo Crowell. We've heard for years how great he was. Now that he has his chance, he's doing nothing to live up to the hype.

493999[/snapback]

What???? <_<

You're kidding right?

He has NEVER been even a blip on the Radar = Hype?

Any hype you heard must have been either here on TBD or in your own head.

Angelo has played extremely well since being thrust into the lineup. He has far exceeded even some of the most critical fan's expectations of him. TKO he is not, but he knows this also and has played consistently well, especially for a back up.

Jim Marshall

HOF Player, but could not seem to find his direction on this play. The 2005 Bils have heart but lack direction. <_<

In one of the more memorable moments in NFL history, the Vikings jarred the ball loose from 49ers' halfback Billy Kilmer during the fourth quarter of Minnesota's 27-22 win in San Francisco on October 25, 1964.

Teammate Jim Marshall promptly snagged the ball and sprinted 66 yards to the end zone. Unfortunately for Marshall, he had gone the wrong way and scored a safety for San Francisco.

Most football fans, however, don't remember that Eller and Marshall hooked up on a fumble play on the previous series. Just 44 seconds earlier, it was Marshall who knocked the ball from quarterback George Mira's grasp. Eller scooped up the football and returned it 45 yards for the first and only touchdown of his career.

credit: Jim Marshall HOF profile