• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah fuggit:

Bruschi (We're not worthy!) Is AFC Defensive Player of Week

49 minutes ago

New Bruschi (We're not worthy!)'s Tedy Bruschi (We're not worthy!), returning to the lineup eight months after a stroke, is the AFC's defensive player of the week.

Bruschi (We're not worthy!) had 10 tackles Sunday in the Patriots' 21-16 win over Buffalo. He played nearly full-time in his first game since the Super Bowl.

Other AFC players honored were Denver quarterback Jake Plummer (offense) and Houston's Jerome Mathis (special teams).

The NFC players of the week were Tiki Barber of the New York Giants (offense); Charles Tillman of Chicago (defense) and Joe Nedney of San Francisco (special teams).

493876[/snapback]

:)<_<:lol:

The NFL should be ashamed of themselves for this sh--. They basically made an award that is supposed to go to the top defensive player of the week and gave it to a player who just came back from a little vacation.

I'm sorry, but this just really pisses me off and it should piss off other NFL players too. Any of these players deserve it before Bruschi (We're not worthy!) does IMO.

Deltha O'Neal - 4 tackles, 2 INT

Odell Thurman - 2 tackles, 2 INT

Reynaldo Hill - 6 tackles, 1 INT for a Touchdown

Warren Sapp - 6 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 FF

Rashean Mathis - 5 tackles, 2 INT

Mike Peterson - 10 tackles, 1 sack

Gary Walker - 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

Shawne Merriman - 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

Kevin Carter - 2 tackles, 1 sack for a safety

Mike Vrabel - 14 tackles, 1 sack

Rosevelt Colvin - 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF

Aaron Schobel - 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

Now compare it to Bruschi (We're not worthy!)....

Tedy Bruschi (We're not worthy!) - 2 tackles, 5 assists (most of them he just jumped on the !@#$ing pile)

I love the NCAA more and more everyday. This is a joke. THE BCS is more dead on than this mess.

493906[/snapback]

NFL = WWF.

A very small, perverse part of me wants to see the Bills get it over with and finally relocate to LA so I can stop forcing myself to watch this sham league.

Anyone still think the officials weren't paid to help the Pats out in the final minutes? Normally I'm not one of those wacko conspiracy theorists, but well, maybe now I am.

!@#$ing joke this is.

NFL = WWF.

A very small, perverse part of me wants to see the Bills get it over with and finally relocate to LA so I can stop forcing myself to watch this sham league.

Anyone still think the officials weren't paid to help the Pats out in the final minutes? Normally I'm not one of those wacko conspiracy theorists, but well, maybe now I am.

!@#$ing joke this is.

493971[/snapback]

I'm starting to think the same thing. They hardly ever call offensive pass interference and now they call it on Moulds at the end of the game when the Bills were driving? He barely touched the guy. He still would have caught the ball either way. This is total bull sh--!

The NFL should be ashamed of themselves for this sh--.  They basically made an award that is supposed to go to the top defensive player of the week and gave it to a player who just came back from a little vacation. 

I'm sorry, but this just really pisses me off and it should piss off other NFL players too.  Any of these players deserve it before Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) does IMO.

Deltha O'Neal - 4 tackles, 2 INT

Odell Thurman - 2 tackles, 2 INT

Reynaldo Hill - 6 tackles, 1 INT for a Touchdown

Warren Sapp - 6 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 FF

Rashean Mathis - 5 tackles, 2 INT

Mike Peterson - 10 tackles, 1 sack

Gary Walker - 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

Shawne Merriman - 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

Kevin Carter - 2 tackles, 1 sack for a safety

Mike Vrabel - 14 tackles, 1 sack

Rosevelt Colvin - 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF

Aaron Schobel - 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

Now compare it to Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!)....

Tedy Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) - 2 tackles, 5 assists (most of them he just jumped on the !@#$ing pile)

493968[/snapback]

Vrabel had 14 tackles and a sack? Hell, Bruschi (We're not worthy!)'s not even the most worthy on the Patriots. :)

I'm giving SERIOUS consideration to boycotting the rest of the NFL season over this bush-league bull sh--.

Vrabel had 14 tackles and a sack?  Hell, Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!)'s not even the most worthy on the Patriots.   <_<

I'm giving SERIOUS consideration to boycotting the rest of the NFL season over this bush-league bull sh--.

493975[/snapback]

And then don't forget about Rosevelt Colvin..... He had the game ending play when he blindsided Kelly Holcomb, forced him to fumble and then recover. Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) wasn't even close to the most worthy on the Patriots. I actually saw him get knocked on his ass several times (they always showed him on TV) and I laughed my ass off. I never EVER thought he would have gotten Defensive POTW. :)

And then don't forget about Rosevelt Colvin.....  He had the game ending play when he blindsided Kelly Holcomb, forced him to fumble and then recover.  Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) wasn't even close to the most worthy on the Patriots.  I actually saw him get knocked on his ass several times (they always showed him on TV) and I laughed my ass off.  I never EVER thought he would have gotten Defensive POTW.  :)

493979[/snapback]

But Bruschi (We're not worthy!) was using his not inconsiderable telepathic powers to direct Colvin on that play... <_<

But Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) was using his not inconsiderable telepathic powers to direct Colvin on that play...  :)

493984[/snapback]

Yeah thats true. He was getting Bennie Anderson to miss his block and indirectly sacked Holcomb himself. <_<

NFL = WWF.

!@#$ing joke this is.

493971[/snapback]

i hear ya. and whatever you do, DON'T turn on the sabres-ottowa game.

We're talking AFC.  Tillman was the NFC player of the week.

493914[/snapback]

Frame of reference probably. But let me tell you Joseph the 100+ yards willis gained up the middle only happened because Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) was out finding cures for AIDS and cancer.

One thing the article fails to point out is the reason Brewskis unassisted tackle count was so high (2) is the fact that the Pats could not stop the run and the Bills held the ball for 40 minutes. Funny most of our running yards were right up the middle......